ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone else noticed that the per unit earnings related to AdSense seem to be on the decline? It also seems that on heavy hit days when the number of impressions and clicks on AdSense are up, the per click/per unit payment numbers are down.

Does Google have a discounted rate for merchants for higher numbers of clicks?

Bob

I see just a smidgen down. Not enough to sound any alarms though... hopefully

no difference for me.

ABW Ambassador
    I see improvement for me.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I've noticed a dramatic decline in AdSense reporting numbers, starting with my page impressions which I know are much higher than what Google is reporting. This began on September 23 and continues. Last week it seemed to be a little more on track, although not at all close as far as page impressions. Now, it's back to very low impressions and naturally, very low revenue. I've been complainig about this for almost a month but with no results. Google customer service only "assures" me that everything is tracking correctly, which I know it is not.

Is there anyone from Google in here who can help with this matter or are we to assume the AdSense game is over? I've begun removing AdSense ads from my site as it seems that is all I can do to try to save my business, which has relied on Google AdSense for more than a year.

Anyone else have any answers?

Best of luck to all affiliate partners! We need all the help we can get. It seems we can be robbed at will and there is nothing we can do but drop the offending program. Had someone from Google taken my pleas for help seriously, I would not be so alarmed, however, I've lost considerable revenue in the past month, which is the biggest month of the year for me in traffic and I can no longer continue to believe that AdSense will right this situation.

I recall someone on this forum saying that AdSense woudl dry up one day. Guess that person was right.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    If PSA's are served I don't think impressions are counted - this may be happening.

There are a lot of factors and rates go up and down for a lot of reasons. To better see what is going on you should isolate blocks of ads of a certain type by creating channels if you have not done so.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Considering I'm maintaining a steady increase in impressions, the sudden decline in revenue is definitely noticable. The past couple days in particular are very low. My CPM is about half what it normally is.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

we have no idea what the advertisers are bidding for those spots, or if they have shortened their budgets.

It was funny to see this post today. I was talking to someone just this morning who said their's was UP. Then, I come here and see this post. Life's funny in the affiliate world!
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

my adsense income is creeping up slowly but steadily after some major unplanned changes on a content site.

overall hits are down on the site so there is potential there for more income when google becomes friendlier.

Mine was slowing down from about the 7th of September until around the 28th. Now it seems to be back up to normal.

Still waiting for another cheque in the mail though.
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

ABW Ambassador
    October Adsense earnings/day here are up about 10% over September. I attribute this to advertisers increasing their ad budgets as pre-Christmas shopping shifts into a little higher gear. Or maybe it's just luck.

Slowly climbing. Haven't had any $19 clicks in quite a while, but overall earnings are creeping up.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread