Is blogging necessary when it comes to affiliate marketing?
    Hi!

I use KompoZer for html editing, and I was wondering if I should add a blog in my website or not. It is hard to add the blogging function, and so forth, so would it be easier to simply put up articles on my website, and leave it at that, or do I blog instead?

Plus, even if I don't get sales, is it possible to put up ads on my affiliate site instead once I get traffic?

You do not need a blog but many affiliates have found that using a WP blog helps them get noticed sooner than a traditional html website. It all depends on the features and layout you want. Wordpress sites can be made to look the same as a traditional site but with the SEO features of a blog. The addition of affiliate links to either type of site can start right away or wait for traffic to show up. The strategy of your site is up to you, there are no one size fits all instructions.

If your hosting has a ControlPanel (most do) you can install Wordpress with their tools, a simple one click install. Read through the blogging section here and you can find complete step by step setups done by other affiliates. You may find WP easier to use than Kompozer, but if not, stick with what you know for a while longer. We all learn by trial and error or trial and success. I use both kinds of sites myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    You do not need a blog but many affiliates have found that using a WP blog helps them get noticed sooner than a traditional html website. It all depends on the features and layout you want. Wordpress sites can be made to look the same as a traditional site but with the SEO features of a blog. The addition of affiliate links to either type of site can start right away or wait for traffic to show up. The strategy of your site is up to you, there are no one size fits all instructions.

If your hosting has a ControlPanel (most do) you can install Wordpress with their tools, a simple one click install. Read through the blogging section here and you can find complete step by step setups done by other affiliates. You may find WP easier to use than Kompozer, but if not, stick with what you know for a while longer. We all learn by trial and error or trial and success. I use both kinds of sites myself.
    Thank you so much!

I use Kompozer for web designing. When you have review, and articles, sometimes its nice to have the simple layout rather than updates which push downs the previous articles. It was knowledgeable to know about both from you, and for that I am grateful to you.

If you have a blog your posts will rank higher in Google, also another benefit is you can keep your customers up to date on anything new going on in your business.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread