What Affiliate Bonuses do you use?
    Hey everyone!

I'm curious as to what affiliate bonuses merchants are using to help build affiliates sales and, what bonuses affiliates find most attractive.

I have been doing 2 promotions, usually monthly. I always do sales, but I'm curious as to if I should award bonuses for unique hits or not.

I normally do:

First sale of the month - $10 bonus (Only awarded to one affiliate)
    Three or more sales a month - $15 bonus (Awarded to all affiliates who achieve this)

Would love any feedback you guys could provide.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeremy Hunter
    [SIZE="1"][I]Affiliate Manger for Convenient Gadgets & Gifts[/I][/SIZE]

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Are you seeing any increase in sales or traffics for those bonuses?
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

$10 or $15 is such a low amount it would be a waste of time for most affiliates to give you more exposure. Maybe a increase in commision for the following (or current) month may be a better option. I would also expect the increase in commision to be at least a 20% increase.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Outsourced Program Manager
    I run a first sale bonus (and for one merchant a 2nd sale bonus) for affiliates that have never gotten a sale.
    $10- $20 depending on what the merchant is willing to part with. May not be much but...

As to how it helps, no one really knows but its an incentive when ur up against merchants that offer nothing
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

http and a telephoto
    Some things to consider:

Age of your site and program - bonuses don't really help until you are well established
    Is your current commission competitive - if your commission isn't competitive then bonuses won't help

I didn't look at your program so don't know those answers, but they apply to anyone thinking about bonuses.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    Loxly;

I disagree about the age, I would think a new affiate program offering a "big" first sale bonus will intice affiliates to join and promote the product. Especially if ur commissions and the merchants prices are competive.

Weither they stick around will depend on conversion %
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

http and a telephoto
    Different things work for different programs and different affiliates Some will look at a bonus on a new program in a niche where they don't have merchants that perform. But in a vertical like "gifts" where there is a lot of competition bonuses don't matter if affiliates don't know if a program is going to stick around.

There is a lot of churn in programs in this economy and affiliates are being more leery of running merchants that are brand new. If the company is established and only the affiliate program is new, that is a little better than if the site is new plus the affiliate program is new.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Our site has been around since 2003, but we've only had our affiliate program for a little over a year. Not sure how long would be considered established.

Our Niche is "Gifts/Gadgets", our commission is competitive if not better than most of our major competitors.

However, our average order size isnt extremely large, around $40-$50. So affiliates make roughly around $4-$5 per sale.

Still not sure how high of a bonus I should offer? Any recommendations with this new information?
    Last edited by Jer; January 13th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Jeremy Hunter
    [SIZE="1"][I]Affiliate Manger for Convenient Gadgets & Gifts[/I][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Different things work for different programs and different affiliates
    +1 I think that's why it's important to have a variety of different bonuses, and to try to make each one as motivating to as many affiliates as possible.

When you run a promotion that just appeals to a small number of affiliates, it can have a demotivational effect on the other affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread