Verizon iPhone!
    Finally! I've had serious iPhone envy the past few years and had been closely following all the rumors. (AT&T gets crappy service at my house)

But now I'm torn... do I get the Verizon iPhone 4 when it comes out in a few weeks, OR wait for a potential iPhone 5 this summer -- or some latest-and-greatest android phone -- that runs on 4G?

I've waited this long... what's another few months, right?
    Your Ad Here.

~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I just got a Droid 2 Global on Friday. Needed a Global as I travel overseas at times. The phone is not as smooth operating as an iPhone.. but I easily tethered my phone so its now its own modem. Great for when I'm traveling and don't have / can't find free Wi-Fi. I'm sure you can do it on an iPhone but I don't think its as easy as downloading an app from the marketplace?

My wife is upset as I took her upgrade to get the Droid and she took my old blackberry. I'm not due for an upgrade until April. She can only use a BB or iPhone with her corporate email.

From the article I read, they would have an iPhone but not an upgrade for some time.. possibly Fall or even next year? The sales rep told me Friday they don't have any 4G phones. But then again, the Verizon sales reps never know anything (or won't say anything).

For me, the ability to simultaneously be on a call and do data (check/send email, map, run an app, etc) is huge which is only happens on AT&T (Verizon's CDMA technology only allows one to run). Real life example: you are going somewhere using a Navigation app on the iphone. You get a call -- the traffic app stops. You answer the call and talk -- the navigation system will be MIA until you get off the phone!!

Although Verizon hasn't released the price plans yet, odds are that it will be more costly than AT&T.

Travel overseas? Verizon iphone won't be worth much of anything since world technology is GSM (=AT&T) not Verizon (CDMA)

When an iPhone for Lte 4G (vs. CDMA) gets released on Verizon (Jan 2012??) that should be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf View Post
    When an iPhone for Lte 4G (vs. CDMA) gets released on Verizon (Jan 2012??) that should be pretty sweet.
    Would an LTE 4G Verizon phone work abroad? The primary value of getting a new smartphone for me will be to manage my business while traveling -- so no international service would be a big downer.
    Your Ad Here.

I just purchased the Droid X since AT&T doesn't get service where I live...

Best purchase ever I can highly recommend this phone.

I highly doubt that Verizon will launch an iphone on LTE until next summer, not this summer. I too have been closely following this. Currently, LTE is only available in 38 markets in the US, with plans to expand into 140 more markets this year ... none of them even remotely close to me in terms of reception. (See Here)

You may want to check out their LTE site before shelling out the cash for a LTE phone to see if you will even be able to get LTE at all.

I am sure another phone will get released as usual this June/July, but I am guessing that it will be something like the 3gs .. perfecting iphone 4 (iphone 4X?), not an entirely new device.

I also agree about the Data and voice as mentioned above, BUT Eastern Ohio (at least from I-70 to just south of Canton), AT&T just flat out doesn't work. Next to no reception, and considering that is where I spend the bulk of my time, I would rather give up using both data and voice then not have service a vast majority of the time.

Everyone's situations are going to be different, and you just need to look at your factors, and see which out weighs which.
    Last edited by Kristin Kinsey; January 12th, 2011 at 02:41 PM.
    KK

I am due for an upgrade - so while I won't stand in line waiting for an iPhone, I do plan on getting one as soon as it is convenient. I had a Droid and hated it - although my husband and son like theirs. Now I have the PalmPre Plus and love it, I am just ready for something new.

http and a telephoto
    I got an email form Apple, not Verizon, that said qualified accounts would get the ability to order the iPhone for Verizon Feb 3rd instead of 10th. I'm going to think about it, I love my Droid but the wifi hot spot capability could be a huge selling point for me.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am on Verizon and love the service plus get a 22% discount through my wife's job. I plan to get an iPhone 3 to test the service and not use an upgrade. The can get the new phone when it comes out if the reviews are good.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread