100,000 impressions, 500 clicks, $0 income - the power of cj.com?
    Yes, thats what I got from Commission Junction in addition to a few leads that were unqualified.
    Before that, I used to think CJ was the best affiliate system.
    But now I think, If that much traffic can't bring any income, how much of it will?

0 for 500 hurts, and while it can be tempting to rush to blame CJ, consider the other factors.

-What did your site do to pre-sell the customers?
    -What type of offer was it?
    -What factors at the merchant site might be hurting their conversion rate?
    -Why were your leads rejected? (Is the merchant playing fair?)

Banner ad clicks can be tough to convert, is that what we're talking about?
    Your Ad Here.

Yes they were banner ads on my site, and the offers were quite related to site content.

Quote Originally Posted by webmister View Post
    Yes, thats what I got from Commission Junction in addition to a few leads that were unqualified.
    Before that, I used to think CJ was the best affiliate system.
    But now I think, If that much traffic can't bring any income, how much of it will?
    You cannot blame CJ for your lack of sales, I might want to look closer to home for you problems!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

also no convert for one program only or multiple programs ?

CJ is the only program I used.

CJ has many programs in their network.

Quote Originally Posted by webmister View Post
    CJ is the only program I used.
    CJ is a network not a program.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    Forget the sales ratio - going by your title you only have a .005 click-through ratio so I bet the problem lies in the suitability of your links for the audience that you are attracting. What do your analytics say they are looking for?

Use this experience as a lesson. Do some research here in this forum on how to raise your conversions and/or target audience. You may consider posting the page in the site review section of this forum and I'm sure a few people here can help you out with some ideas to increase your conversions.

See what changes you need to make, make them and start tracking what works. You already know what doesn't work, now is the time to find what does.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Webmister,

This has been discussed a lot here on ABW. Look for other similar posts and you'll find a lot of good information.

I suggest you change merchants (possibly merchants on a different network). If you search, you will find other merchants with the same products or category you're promoting. I have seen sales happen overnight when switching merchants from one that wasn't converting a LOT of clicks. If your visitors are clicking and not buying, change merchants. If you're not getting a lot of clicks on the advertisers you're promoting, look at promoting something else or a different advertiser.

This business involves a lot of testing. Keep at it and you will find merchants that work well with your audience.

Lack of conversions usually has little to do with the network but I also suggest searching for merchants on the ShareASale (SAS) network. I have seen big increases in conversions by switching merchants from other networks to SAS merchants. If you're relying on brand name merchants, you'll be stuck promoting their "brand" and won't be able to switch merchants to test. Try to promote products more than brands and you'll build a better base.

Good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hey WebMister

Often times the conversion problem lies either in the actual product or in the method of promotion. What are the creative materials like? What are the average conversion rates like for the product over a few months?

I know that my product, Amberen, has a conversion rate of around 13% and we are constantly creating all new creatives for our affiliates including banners, landing pages, personalized websites, etc.

Also, I personally provide a ton of support on design, marketing strategies, SEO and whatever else you may need help with. Moderator Note: Please keep promos in your adspace: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140764
    Last edited by 2busy; January 19th, 2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Redirected to Paid Ad

What Rexanne said. Plus add some copy beneath the banners & include a text link. I've had better banner clickthroughs when using this...the text link is what usually is clicked.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

500 clicks without any sale? That's pretty tough luck and yes I also agree its not CJ's fault, maybe its the quality of your visitors or your clickers isn't your market.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread