Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Tool: Groupon Link Generator for FB, Twitter, email, etc.
    For all you Groupon addicts-slash-affiliates out there, we've finally created a way for you to generate an affiliate link on the fly as you browse our site. Basically, you just need to grab our new bookmarklet, which enables you to simply click a button to post your affiliate link directly to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, send it via email, or just create it for any other use you might have. Get it here: Affiliate Link Generator

There's one tricky bit...if you are not on the Groupon site already, clicking the bookmarklet will take you to Groupon, but won't display the Affiliate Link Generator. You'll have to click the bookmarket again to get the Affiliate Link Generator to display.

We worked closely with Mike Nunez on this, so in case you know him from other relationships or capacities, be sure to give him a *high five* He and his team cranked this baby out for us in record time.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like, once you have it, it should be pretty intuitive

Last edited by CTanK; March 28th, 2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: And now Pinterest! :)
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Love it! Thanks!!

Will someone please provide a link to the page where I can check my stats?

Quote Originally Posted by bjflanagan View Post
    Will someone please provide a link to the page where I can check my stats?
    You'll need to login to your Commission Junction account and then click "Run Reports": CJ - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing Programs and Online Advertising

Uh, thanks, but ... I'm at Commission Junction and can't fund 'run reports' anywhere.

Seriously, kids, it shouldn't be this hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bjflanagan View Post
    Uh, thanks, but ... I'm at Commission Junction and can't fund 'run reports' anywhere.

Seriously, kids, it shouldn't be this hard.
    It really isn't.

-rematt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thanks, rematt Want to swing by and see the office sometime? Invite's always open, you know where to find me.

awesome, thanks

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by CTanK View Post
    We worked closely with Mike Nunez on this, so in case you know him from other relationships or capacities, be sure to give him a *high five*

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by CTanK View Post
    For all you Groupon addicts-slash-affiliates out there, we've finally created a way for you to generate an affiliate link on the fly as you browse our site. Basically, you just need to grab our new bookmarklet, which enables you to simply click a button to post your affiliate link directly to Facebook or Twitter, send it via email, or just create it for any other use you might have. Get it here: Affiliate Link Generator

There's one tricky bit...if you are not on the Groupon site already, clicking the bookmarklet will take you to Groupon, but won't display the Affiliate Link Generator. You'll have to click the bookmarket again to get the Affiliate Link Generator to display.

We worked closely with Mike Nunez on this, so in case you know him from other relationships or capacities, be sure to give him a *high five* He and his team cranked this baby out for us in record time.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like, once you have it, it should be pretty intuitive

I'm interested in sending push notifications to our users of upcoming deals from groupon.Do you have a standard link that I can add that will bring users to your home page?

Yep, you can grab that from the Commission Junction interface. Any of our banners will direct consumers to the Groupon homepage, which will automatically display the city most relevant to them. If you have more questions, feel free to contact me directly!
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet

Carolyn, I saw in the Advertiser Detail for Groupon over in CJ that you guys don't allow PPC or direct linking for search marketing engines. Does this pertain to Facebook CPM or CPC as well (in other words, are we able to place FB ads direct linking to a particular city's offer)? Or do we need a FB page to promote groupon? I know you guys are big on using social media, and I get the impression we can place FB ads, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

PPC is allowed with written permission, just email me with what you're looking to focus on (I can help with markets and keywords too!) and FB is fine as well!
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet

which ID # should be in my generator? The # on the top of my CJ homepage or the one that's listed when I got to my account->website settings ?

Quote Originally Posted by LouFamFun View Post
    which ID # should be in my generator? The # on the top of my CJ homepage or the one that's listed when I got to my account->website settings ?
    The one in the web settings.

Links have ID but not tracking-
    Greetings, I'm approved in CJ and have the bookmark tool, where I've entered the ID correctly.

I posted a link to facebook and at least one person told me they bought, and I noticed no clicks or sales.

When I click on the "affiliate link code" I do get a link that appears to be embedded properly. However, when I click that I still register 0 clicks in my CJ.com account. Any suggestions what to do or where to direct this question are appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; January 22nd, 2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Removed link

Gropuon Affiliate invite code
    HI Members I just joined. Can anybody provide me with a Groupon affiliate invite coed? Thanks

Question affiliate bookmarklet link clicks not registering?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge83 View Post
    Greetings, I'm approved in CJ and have the bookmark tool, where I've entered the ID correctly.

I posted a link to facebook and at least one person told me they bought, and I noticed no clicks or sales.

When I click on the "affiliate link code" I do get a link that appears to be embedded properly. However, when I click that I still register 0 clicks in my CJ.com account. Any suggestions what to do or where to direct this question are appreciated. Thanks.
    I have this EXACT same issue! I run a very large local website where i post the groupon almost daily on my Facebook fan page and I am using the affiliate bookmarklet to generate the link exclusively. Many of my "fans" and members have remarked they've purchased several deals yet in my cj.com account I show NO clicks or purchases. How can I find out if my affiliate link clicks are posting properly to my account?? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge83 View Post

Hey, sounds like you may have used the wrong PID? (Which isn't a problem, we should be able to dig through our data and find that value.) Hit us up at affiliate@groupon.com and we'll take a look!
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet

Supramom, see above!

Also, you guys should know that you can always place an order through your own link, and immediately cancel it on Groupon. That order will appear in your CJ results, and will then be automatically reversed in our weekly process.

Hi Carolyn nice to see you at ABW, I have not noticed you around much lately I still miss you working at SAS but I sure Groupon is lucky to have you!!!

Kevin.....
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Hey Kevin, I miss all you guys too, but yeah, Groupon is definitely a fun place to be as well If you're ever in Chicago, definitely swing by!

Thumbs up Thank you!
    This bookmarklet makes posting deals on FB and Twitter infinitely easier. Thanks so much. Great instructions and installed without a problem.

Love Groupon deals, as do my readers.

We heart you too, Savvy!

Hello. I have been testing the link generator and it works as advertised UNTIL I insert a shopper ID. I am inserting it before the URL. In this case the URL does not redirect properly (it takes me to the groupon website, not to the specific groupon)

If I insert the SID AFTER the URL, then the redirect works but it is not detected by CJ.

Please let me know if SID is supported combined with the link generator and what the proper usage would be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast