Smile Advice on my SEO techniques!
    Hi!

I will launch my website soon, however, I want to increase traffic, and top google. Here are my SEO techniques.

1. I will use Ezine to write articles, and link back to my site.
    2. I will comment on site like Cracked, and Listverse to garner some traffic from there.
    3. I will hopefully post a youtube video to get backlink from there, and use digg to get people to see my video.
    4. I will use WunderBlog, a PR-6 blog to get some traffic and backlink from there.
    5. Yahoo Answers is a good way to get backlinks from.
    6. I will maybe use facebook to get friends to click.
    7. I will post an ad in ClickBank, and maybe kijiji (Canadian Ad Site).

This is my first venture, so I will give it my best. Any opinions, feedback, advice would be highly appreciated! Thank you guys, and girls!

It's a good start, if you do everything you've described you will get traffic. You can also set up a twitter account, also join some forums and do forum postings make sure they are related to your website.

Hi!

I just had some questions. I know that this forum, and a handful of other forums have good rankings. Would it be advisable to post my website here, asking for suggestions. I know some other good forums too who will click through, and get backlinks.

Will SEO effort work in a month? Supposed I generated a lot of backlinks, and traffic. Will I be able to stop then, and let the website sit on top, or do I constantly need to get people to click through month after month from the same source?

Thank you. Plus, my keyword has low to medium competition, so am I expected to be in the first page in order to get results, or is it too unlikely for me? There are about $4,000,000 searches globally, and it has low competition, so I want to get some traffic from there.

Thank you for the answers.

Would it be advisable to post my website here, asking for suggestions. I know some other good forums too who will click through, and get backlinks.
    You can post your site in the Site/Logo Review forum if you are looking for feedback and suggestions. If you're looking at it as a backlink, this forum is probably your worst choice. This is a place to learn and to get help and share what you have learned along the way. It is a community of like minded people who share a lot of the same concerns. We don't care much for those who come here to spam us for a backlink.

Participate with useful posts and you'll earn the right to a signature which is about as close to a backlink as you can get from ABW.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    You can post your site in the Site/Logo Review forum if you are looking for feedback and suggestions. If you're looking at it as a backlink, this forum is probably your worst choice. This is a place to learn and to get help and share what you have learned along the way. It is a community of like minded people who share a lot of the same concerns. We don't care much for those who come here to spam us for a backlink.

Participate with useful posts and you'll earn the right to a signature which is about as close to a backlink as you can get from ABW.
    Thank you for the advice. I will take that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstonMartian View Post
    Hi!

I will launch my website soon, however, I want to increase traffic, and top google. Here are my SEO techniques.
    6. I will maybe use facebook to get friends to click.
    I agree, you could generate few clicks from face book friends. But there is more opportunity with face book platforms to make your site more social. Face book provides free plug-in to integrate their technology with third-party website. Say for example: The like Button. It enables your site visitor to share the content with their friends. An iframe tag is used to get the Like button hosted in your site.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; January 15th, 2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Fixed broken quote.

dude as a beginner i think these are more than enough to start. if you can do this properly and regularly then you can see a good result in a few weeks. i think go for some social media sites like face book which you have not emphasized. it can give a good number of targeted visitors. carry on and share with us about your success.

Plan is great! Then just put them into practise and i think it will work well.

I think all of your techniques are good enough and If you can consistently manage all these you can get a good traffic for your site. You didn't mention about updating your content. I think unique update content can helps you to get into the good PR with targeted traffic.
    Last edited by bestweblover08; February 8th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.

Advice on my SEO techniques
    Thanks for above awesome ideas.Also followed all these techniques but still my keywords ranking position are gradually up and down. Is there any solutions to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post

2busy what is a "signature", how does one qualify and what benefits accrue.

Many thanks

Some people who join here do so just to be able to add a link to their site in their signature, believing that this signature link is a "backlink" that can benefit their site rank. While it is a link back to their site, it is not what gugel considers a backlink (it was self generated). It is an inbound link from a high ranking site though, and not a bad thing to have. Many of the people who came in only for the "backlink" leave when they find out they need to earn it. Too much "work".

Many forums offer all users a signature when they sign up, but those sites have not got very high rank compared to Abestweb. I think it is reasonable that people should contribute to the continued success of this site before reaping the benefits. It took me a long time to get 250 posts and by the time I had earned signature rights I didn't want to add my sites to a signature because for one thing I had learned (first-hand) about scrapers who copy sites.

For a signature I added something I believe in and like to share with others. It doesn't link to anything. I bet if you did a search here for "Signature" you would find this: When i can create Signature in this forum? - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread