LinkShare Merchants With Outdated Creatives
    I thought I would start threads on the Dead Beat Merchant programs we run into. You know the ones --- No updated links for months & sometimes years! Leaving out of date links in their links area...etc. etc.

To kick it off, I'm going to start with --

4 All Memory

The most recent link they have listed is 7/14/2008 and the link doesn't go to the product listed. They have a couple of generic links in the BentoBox from June & Sept. 2010.

What's up 4 ALL Memory? Do you really want to make it so difficult to promote your site?
    Last edited by leeann; January 14th, 2011 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Could a Mod Change the Title to Merchants. Thx
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Could a Mod Change the Title to Merchants. Thx
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I changed it leeann.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

leeann, if the merchant has an outsourced AM firm, you might want to also check with them. I had a similar situation & found out that the AM responsible for keeping the datafeed current hadn't bothered in months. He's no longer with them.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Yes the merchant 4 All Memory may be be a Dead Beat Merchant but that has nothing to do with LinkShare. I see no reason to have this thread including the wording "Dead Beat Merchants Programs on LS"

SAS, CJ, etc all have Dead Beat Merchants as well. The problem is with the merchant not the network. Title should be changed.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I see no reason to have this thread including the wording "Dead Beat Merchants Programs on LS"

SAS, CJ, etc all have Dead Beat Merchants as well. The problem is with the merchant not the network. Title should be changed.
    My thoughts were that maybe Linkshare might contact the merchant.
    Last edited by leeann; January 14th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
    leeann

When I hear the term "deadbeat", I tend to think of someone that doesn't pay (and that's the dictionary definition as well). Perhaps this thread might be better titled as "LinkShare Merchants With Outdated Creatives"? leeann, let me know if you want me to change it.

I think this is certainly a good issue to bring up (and it happens on all networks). It's certainly in the network's (and merchant's) best interests to keep creatives up to date, make sure newsletters are going out, make sure tracking is working, make sure policies are being policed, etc.

If you find merchants that aren't updating creatives and aren't responsive to emails, it's probably best to just move on to othe rmerchants. Odds are there are numerous other problems and that the program is overrun by parasites, cookie stuffers, trademark poachers, etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    These merchants are on all the networks, would be a never ending list.

It's a bit worse on Linkshare due to what Linkshare did a few years ago - Merchant Creative Start And End Date - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Even with merchants that kept their links up to date with expiration dates and such, Linkshare came in and put their own expiration dates on, during an "upgrade" and basically made it even a bigger mess. So don't look them to do anything about it, they'll probably make it worse. It's up to the merchants anyway to maintain their program.
    Last edited by Trust; January 14th, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Moderator Note: Off-Topic Discussion Split to: [Split] CJ, LinkShare, GAN and PJN Involvement on ABW?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    When I hear the term "deadbeat", I tend to think of someone that doesn't pay (and that's the dictionary definition as well). Perhaps this thread might be better titled as "LinkShare Merchants With Outdated Creatives"? leeann, let me know if you want me to change it.
    I agree about the deadbeat confusion. It was a late night title . I vote for changing the title. Thanks for pointing it out.
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Maybe it is a problem w/ the network, too. Maybe a system slows down the process and frustrates a merchant. Maybe additional training is needed. Who knows? I'll let them discuss it if they so choose.

What my plan was -- was to start threads like this on each Network forum, as I bump into a really neglected program. Like Trust said, even organized by network, these lists could get really long. Organizing it by network just keeps it a little more tidy and maybe t(in this example) he LS Mod might point the merchant to the post.

I don't see what the big deal is about where this info is posted. Where the post goes does not change the reason for the post. And I seriously doubt the Network mods are so super sensitive that it would hurt their "feelers" and make them run from the forum if they read that a merchant was neglecting their program.

JMHO
    Last edited by leeann; January 15th, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
    leeann

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread