Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    My First Affiliate Summit
    Affiliate Summit was an amazing experience, far exceeding my expectations.

I cannot begin to list the great people I was privileged to meet, for fear of leaving even one person out, and I am sad that I did not make contact with several others I had hoped to meet.

The keynotes (wow - three of them) were all entertaining and extremely informative, and the sessions I attended were all valuable.

Thanks to the party-givers. Saturday and Sunday's Buy.at, Shareasale and PMG parties were all great events.

The facilities at the Wynn were marvelous, and the level of service the staff provided extraordinary. The single downside was when I made reservations, the only available rooms were in the adjacent Wynn Encore, and it was one hell of a walk to the meeting rooms at the far end of the Wynn, a walk I made numerous times per day.

I had never been to the Rio, where Affiliate Summit used to be held. On the way out of town on Wednesday, MrsHound had to stop at a bead store which was near the Rio, so I spent that time there, and was not impressed. Hopefully, future Affiliate Summits will continue to be held at the Wynn.

I've driven back and forth to Las Vegas from the LA area dozens of times over the years, but I have to add that I set a lifetime record going home - 3-1/2 hours driving time (plus 1/2 hour for lunch in Barstow). What was interesting is that on the news yesterday, there was a story that beginning yesterday and continuing for a week, Interstate 15 through the Cajon Pass would be undergoing repaving, and there would be three hour delays getting through. Real glad we did not stay an extra day.

Hopefully, the relationships made at Affiliate Summit will build over time, and I look forward to future Affiliate Summits, spending more time with my new friends, and meeting even more great people in the affiliate marketing industry.

Finally, thanks again to Michael Coley and A Best Web for the free pass that got me to commit to going to my first Affiliate Summit.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'm glad you had a great experience. It was a pleasure meeting you.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    Finally, thanks again to Michael Coley and A Best Web for the free pass that got me to commit to going to my first Affiliate Summit.
    You're welcome, my friend! It was great to meet you and I'm glad to hear that your first Affiliate Summit was so great. The educational components of it keep getting better and better, IMHO.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It was great meeting you as well. Glad you had a good time.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

http and a telephoto
    It was great to meet you and talk to you and your wife at Summit and at the parties And good to know about the Cajon Pass! I'll let Liz know, she has to go to LA sometime soon.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Greg, Michael, Vinny, Loxly, it was wonerful to meet all of you, and the time we spent together was a big part of what made AS so great, both on a personal and on a professional basis.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

It was, indeed, a pleasure meeting the Dawg and Mrs. Hound. Mrs. Hound is charming and we had a lot to talk about - 'cause she, too, was a teacher of children. One of those "small wold" things.

A "First" Affiliate Summit is always an event to remember - just because of the energy you feel when you attend. It is great meeting online friends in person for the first time. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I remember enjoying my first Summit (back in July, 2007). I'm glad you could make it and I really enjoyed hanging out with you for a while. (We do need to talk about an "old-timers" meetup at the next one. LOL)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and Mrs. Hound at Summit. I would have to totally agree regarding the keynotes...I especially enjoyed Drew Whitman.

Glad you missed the "repaving" closure.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, "we gotta do it again."

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    You'll never be the same Hound. ;-)

Nothing like an affiliate event to get your blood boiling with marketing fever and fun. You will want to attend every one from now on. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

One of the things I like best about AS is the opportunity to get to know more of the people we sort of know already. I am so happy that I got to meet AffiliateHound and his wife this time along with the people I had met before and other first time meetings. It adds an extra dimension to the everyday conversations here.
    We just got home about an hour ago, there is too much to sort through when you take off for a week, but well worth the effort to go!

Bill, Joey, 2Busy (and Jill and Bob), Thanks for the kind words - it was great meeting all of you, and spending the time we had together.

and Bill, old guys rule

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne View Post
    You'll never be the same Hound.
    Yep. Hopefully we will meet up at an event this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post

Yep. Hopefully we will meet up at an event this year.
    Hope so, too! Looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Hound.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Awwwww, Rexanne. I missed you terribly. You better be at the next ASW - or I may just have to fly out to LA...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Missed seeing you too, Bill. :-(

If you come to L.A. - I'll make you and Nancy dinner. Do it! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Definitely sounds like you had a great time and am glad ya got to go. Glad ya missed the road delay, too. lol

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread