Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for awhile and finally joined the forum today.

I am totally overwhelmed by all the freebies offers in the programs I have joined. How does everyone keep track of all of them?

I thought of doing an Access database??? But figured there must be some program that has already been developed.

HELP!!!! I'm drowning.

learning

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    freebees=junk traffic and freebee sites are netorious spammers and e-mail list sellers. Once BHO's need infestation partners the freebee sites where more then willing to infest shoppers systems for the few cents per pissed customers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I am trying NOT to take offense to this reply to my first forum post.

I am NOT a spammer. I do NOT sell the names of the subscribers to my lists.

I try and offer good quality and REAL freebies at my site.

I'd like to know HOW other people keep track of them ... when could potentially include my decision NOT to offer the freebie on my site.

ta ta

I use Excel and created a spreadsheet to track all merchant activity.

I also utilize the OLD fashions Outlook Express to maintain my calendar.

http and a telephoto
    Sorry Mike, but you are confusing freebies with junk free offers for not so free stuff. Most of the internet can tell the difference and REAL freebies bring nice, interested traffic to niche sites.

There are tons of real freebies sites that don't spam, don't sell their email lists and that offer the surfer real value. I can point you to bunches.... Especially if you are a homeschooling parent that wants free printable educational materials.

freebie doesn't automatically equal spam. Your *hot buttons* are getting over worked.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Loxly you'll never get me to cruise freebee sites and corrupt my system with adware/spyware downloads just to verify your claim.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Agree with Deb on this issue, there are plenty of GOOD freebie sites.

http and a telephoto
    The freebie sites *I* know about and cruise around *don't* have spyware/adware junk. You only see your myoptic view and are forgetting there are ETHICAL people that run freebie sites, just like any other type of affiliate link site. PEOPLE are ethical or unethical and just like you can't say one EHTNIC group is all one way, you can't say one TYPE of affiliate site is all one way.

Just because you say things are so doesn't make them so.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I think Mike was just getting in his BHO quota in for the day

There are both. Affiliate freebie sites that are legit and some of just what Mike was posting about. I'm sure there are some legit freebie sites unknowingly pushing freebies where their sole purpose (not the affiliate but the merchant/freebie) is getting email addys to later spam or sell. And i'm sure there are some legit ones out there too. I never push any freebie stuff or merchants because i always think their sole purpose is to collect email addys to spam or sell later on. Plus freebie sites are yesterday, i think they started dying up before i started in affiliate marketing.

Outsourced Program Manager Allen - AMWSO's Avatar
    A "sweeping generalization" like freebie sites have spyware/adware is not absolutely true across the board, but it does contain a relative degree of truth, which is, that some freebie sites, and by some, I mean, more than few and less than many, have spyware or other unusual executables.
    [SIZE=1][B]Allen Miller. Affiliate Manager, EZvacuum.com / UnitedShades.com[/B]
    [/SIZE]

Ahh yes, but remember, Mike gets his news from a credible news agency in Al Jazeera, so he is used to dealing with sweeping generalizations.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

Thankyou to SandraR for keeping on topic! ... and to everyone else for their freebie information.

I actually give out a free ebook "Contest Guru's Guide to Winning Sweepstakes" at my site ... and though my intention is to grow my newsletter list, I would never dream of spamming people. I have no intention of selling my list (precious) ... nor do I know know to do any of the spying stuff people are talking about.

I make a real effort to keep really horrible freebies off my site. AND I get very positive feedback from my subscribers.

SandraR ... what kinds of information do you track in your Excel spreadsheet?

I just got a groaner of an email from emarketmakers ... that they were discontinuing two dozen offers ... and I am scrambling to replace a few of them, which were good earners for me! AND just making all the changes is a pain. Does anyone use a database program for these?

Well, I give away free games and some free things for Pagan children but tell you what, I wouldn't trust any freebie site but my own and maybe an ABW member or two.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SandraR ... what kinds of information do you track in your Excel spreadsheet? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At present I track: (tracking needs change)

The feeds I use and on what site.

Feed notes such as; homevision always adds a help URL in there description.

Deactivated merchants; this keeps my mind fresh when those damn tricksters simply change Networks to avoid paying there debt.

Banners and there location

Specials and sales posted and when they expire.

Basically all the thing I am interested in tracking.

Not all freebie sites are bad. Most are just honest affiliates trying to make a buck like everyone else.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread