I don't think it's fair to those who play fair. What would you do? Several sites who lead on google have that. Should I report it?

ABW Ambassador
    No, I wouldn't report it. Those sites aren't ranking because that text is hidden so I personally wouldn't be concerned that they use amateur-hour SEO techniques.

I disagree. I think on page seo can give you a boost. That can make the differene with highly competitive words.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markymark:
    No, I wouldn't report it. Those sites aren't ranking because that text is hidden so I personally wouldn't be concerned that they use amateur-hour SEO techniques. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I disagree. I think on page seo can give you a boost. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I never said it couldn't. Maybe I should have been clearer : it is the text itself NOT THE FACT THAT IT'S HIDDEN that is helping the rankings.

I'm presuming the reason the text is hidden is because it's just a string of random keywords, like 'blue widgets, buy our top blue widget services online and get blue and green widgets here'. This is why it's an amateur hour technique. You can get all those keywords into visible, well written text and rank just as well, if not better, than the site with hidden text.

And, if they're gaining no advantage by their stupid attempts at SEO, then there's no point in reporting them.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread