Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Exclamation [Renamed] No Experience, But I'm Writing an eBook
    I noticed this forum doesn't have any scheduled chat times so I decided to make some.

Ok the time I am suggesting is 5:00 pm Eastern us time 10:00 uk

So for everyone that wants to share affiliate ideas or just chat please come to the chat room on this time.

I'm suggesting that this is a daily meetup time.

For those of you who want a different meeting time please post what time you would like so everyone who prefers your time can meet at that time instead.

Just click on the chat link at the top of the forum to attend.

Thankyou!

Why are you wanting to chat with the members here?

Are you going to try to sell us something?

If you are - we are not interested.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thumbs up Certainly Not!
    I don't sell things in chat rooms as it just anoys people and you wouldn't make any money doing that anyway.

I'm happy to share different traffic and advertising ideas for example traffic exchange advertising, safelist advertising, seo, ppc.

Happy to listen to any affiliate ideas you guys have and ask your opinion on the above traffic generating methods.

Not here to promote anything.

I notice you have been busy asking the same things on different forums. It makes it look like spam.

You can share things here - without - chat.

That way everyone here can see what you're doing.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; January 16th, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thumbs up Live Chat Room
    I appologize I didn't mean to come accross that way. My intentions are good and I just want to gain knowledge and I much prefer live chat as you don't have to wait for a post and it is more personal.

Also you do have a chat room so we might as well use it. So if it's ok I would still like to go ahead with just chatting in the chat room at scheduled times. Nothing more.

I'm here to learn not to anoy people.

So for people who want to join me in the chat feel free asuming the admin say it's ok.

Also If you can post links in the chat room you should disable them oviously to prevent spam.

Seriously people can be so paranoid.

Thankyou!

you do have a chat room so we might as well use it
    You (and anybody else) are free to use it any time, any day.

Why do you take it personally when folks who have been here for years do not drop what they are doing and rush into the chatroom, as if they've been waiting for somebody they don't know and never even heard of to come along and beg them to chat? Sometimes a member will post that they're in the chatroom for a bit, and depending on who is online at the time, a handful of folks may or may not drop in to join them. But when a new person pops up out of nowhere practically begging people to come in there.... there is a sense that this person feels a need to "corner" people, and they don't want to be cornered; they'd rather spend their time maximizing their work efforts or doing whatever else is part of their daily routine.

And as BurgerBoy said, the forum is open to all at all hours of the day. You can say what you want or ask what you want and get feedback from whoever has the time or inclination to join the discussion, at a time when they have the time to do so.
    Last edited by davidh; January 16th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Thumbs up My Appologies!
    I'm sorry about being defensive and appologize if I offended anyone. I can see what you mean I supose. I'm just here to have a philosophical discusion about online marketing.

Ok here is my strategy to make money with affiliate marketing.

1. Give away a Free ebook on how to Affiliate Market effectively. I have started writing this ebook but it is no where near finished.

2. Get people to request this free ebook by optin to my aweber autoresponder which I have yet to signup for.

3. Build a relationship with all my subscribers.

4. Make residual income on products affiliates want and need to buy aweber, adwatcher ad tracking and inmotion hosting.

Those will be my main source of affiliate income. Both aweber and adwatcher will be residual income streams.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Please can you give me your brutal honest opinion.

Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by comodo427 View Post
    Ok here is my strategy to make money with affiliate marketing.

1. Give away a Free ebook on how to Affiliate Market effectively. I have started writing this ebook but it is no where near finished.
    Welcome aboard comodo427. I'm just curious, do you consider yourself a successful affiliate marketer? And if so, why? And if not, why would I or anyone else want your ebook?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thumbs up I'm Confident I will Be Successful In The Future!
    I am currently unemployed and on jobseekers allowance. The answer to your question in no I'm not successful at the moment but I'm confident that with this strategy I will be in the future.

I need to get some money together before implimenting this strategy.

The main part of the ebook is teaching everyone all the best ways to get traffic and advertise. This includes some free methods like traffic exchanges, safelist advertising, social bookmarking.

Yes my ebook needs to be written verry profesionally so it acctually teaches everyone exactly how to impliment these strategies effectively.

Also instead of allowing everyone FREE rebrand rights I am charging a one time payment of $5.

This allows everyone to rebrand every single affiliate link in the ebook. It also allows you to earn 100% commision on every rebrand rights sale. The money will be paid straight into everyones paypal account.

The reason I am charging for it is because I personally think this will increase the sales conversion rate. The reason I think this is because I think people will make an immediate decision on if they want to buy the rebrand rights. Also it is cheap at only $5. The other affiliate links which includes aweber might take a bit longer before they decide to buy.

Sorry about the long post.

I would love your opinion please

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I would love your opinion please
    I'm really interested in plastic surgery. I've been researching and reading all over the internet about Rhinoplasty, and Blepharoplasty, my favorite Buttock augmentation, and all other specific sub-specialties in the field. I decided right away that I did not have to bother completing medical school, or residencies in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, or gaining experience through years of practice in the field. Rather, I just jumped right in, and as I do my very first surgery, at the same time, I'm writing an ebook to teach others all I know. I know that there are already about 2.5 million ebooks on plastic surgery out there - some written by top people in the profession, some of whom actually went to medical school, like renown surgeons Drs. Richard Grossman and Alexander Rivkin. But a whole bunch of them - 2,499,950 of them - are written by people just like me, people who are breaking into plastic surgery by writing about it.

So, If you are interested in plastic surgery, download my book - it's only $4.77. And if you're in my neck of the woods, stop on by for a little low-cost Rhytidectomy.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    "I'm not successful at the moment"

Then you're in no position to teach anybody.

The people pushing ebooks nowadays are either what you're doing (no experience) or an affiliate that used to be successful back in the day, not anymore, so they needed another way to make income. They use their past success, throw it up on a blog, target people looking to make money online and now have another way to make money online with ebooks.

The reason that I and others here do not do that (no, your plan is not a unique or original idea) is because the time and effort it would take just to get that first five bucks would be too much to bear if there is need to eat and pay rent in the meantime. The fact that you are looking for cash in exchange for something intangible makes for a one-two punch that is a recipe for miserable disaster on the road to homelessness.

Let's say you adapt your idea to something that could be peddled "out in the street" (whether this is possible or not is beside the point being driven here). You set up a little table in a place that has a lot of foot traffic - let's say Times Square in New York. Now let's say somebody else comes along selling five dollar sunglasses (for sunny days) and five dollar umbrellas (for rainy days). You both sit out there in the street from sunrise to sunset. Do you know what's going to happen? The other guy is going to go home with fistfulls of cash every day, and every day you will go home with nothing. On the luckiest day of your life you might get your hands on somebody's five dollar bill, but then you will have to wait weeks or months for the next one.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Thumbs up
    Thankyou for your honest opinion.

Yes I know I don't have much experience but I still think the idea is good.

The main forms of advertising I'll be teaching to begin with is traffic exchange advertising which I've done some research on and even designed a splash page with a 5% clickthrough rate. Also safelist advertising and bookmark advertising. I've also done some research on safelist advertising.

Let me put it to you like this, I am writing this strategy for myself and am sharing with others. I state in my ebook that in order to be successful you need to have a smart intelegent plan. This ebook is also my business plan. I am trying to make it trustworthy and something that isn't a pile of rubish.

As I have limited experience I have thoroughly research every form of advertising that I plan on teaching in my ebook.

I'm not pulling the info out of no where or geting it from unreliable sources. I have a verry loggical frame of mind so can learn quite fast on things like this.

ABW Ambassador
    "Yes I know I don't have much experience but I still think the idea is good."

And this is why you will fail at this business. Because you don't have the ability to spot bullshit, whatever site you got these ideas from. Because you just got good input from people that actually do this and pretty much blocked it out. You are their target audience and you ate it up, hook, line and sinker. Just another victim.
    Last edited by Trust; January 16th, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Trust first of I don't appreciate the rude reply.

The plan was to give this ebook away for free and then sell rebrand rights which all of you are saying is a bad idea. Fair enough.

So if instead I allow everyone to rebrand this ebook with every single affiliate link for FREE.

Would this change your opinions. Yes oviously it depends on the quality of the ebook. Bear in mind that the main affiliate links are aweber autoresponder, hosting and adwatcher ad tracking.

Have you now got a different opinion now my rebrand rights are FREE?

ABW Ambassador
    You should appreciate my straight reply. I doubt anything you say is going to change anybody's opinions here because you have no experience. Logical people don't follow the inexperienced.

I'm not successful at the moment but I'm confident that with this strategy I will be in the future.

Yes I know I don't have much experience but I still think the idea is good.

As I have limited experience I have thoroughly research every form of advertising that I plan on teaching in my ebook.

C'mon now.

He's not being rude. He's being painfully blunt.

Our opinion of your plan will be based on how much it takes to get that five dollars, and how many five dollars you get. Let us know when you have a sack full of five dollar bills and we'll be the first ones to congratulate and backpat you.

Has anyone tried the give a FREE Ebook away approach?

If you have did you make many affiliate sales?

Also guys like I said in the post above Trusts head.

What if I was to allow people to Rebrand this ebook for FREE?

Would this change your opinion? yes, no, maybe, hmmmmmm

Thankyou in advanced!
    Last edited by comodo427; January 16th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    The concept you're talking about has worked for some people. I'm talking more about the content of what you're wanting to do. And it's even worse for you since you have no experience. The how to make money online/marketing online ebook. They're a dime a dozen. And they're such a joke among people who actually do make money online that people makes sites making fun of them like:

Epic Ca$h Money: Do You Want Epic Ca$h Money?

Buy My Stupid Ebook, Overly SEO d Title, Keywords Crammed like Make Money Online Make Money Online Make Money Online

The Easiest Way to Earn a Million a Day!

etc. And the funny this is, there will be people out there that will actually click on these joke sites, trying to sign up for them. You can go ahead and try it out, not learn from other people. I already know how it's going to turn out. Maybe you just need to go thru it. It's your time, if you want to waste it, go for it.
    Last edited by Trust; January 16th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.

Also guys like I said in the post above Trusts head.

What if I was to allow people to Rebrand this ebook for FREE?

Would this change your opinion? yes, no, maybe, hmmmmmm
    Just do it. Good luck.

Thumbs up
    Trust and David, Have either of you tried the give a FREE ebook away approach? Maybe when you were less experienced.
    Have either of you tried the give a FREE ebook away approach?

Oviously I would never use headlines like that. I'm still testing headlines. Here are some of them. Feel free to say there rubish.

Affiliate Tips For Your Success

FREE Affiliate Marketing Guide

Oviously using the word click here within all banner ads. The best clickthrough I've got is 0.30% for a banner ad I put on easyhits4u. Although there is the problem with ad blindness which I'm aware off. Average clickthrough is 0.10% so some are performing above the average but not anywhere I want them to be performing.
    Last edited by comodo427; January 16th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Nope. David is one of the founders of Google, I'm Jeff Bezos From Amazon. We don't mess around with ticky tack stuff.

Why give away a free ebook when you can just post the info on a worldwideweb page so that your prospects don't have to be convinced to jump through hoops first? Whether you can leverage the traffic to that page into sales or not depends on how valuable and useful the information is, and how good of a salesman you are.

And that tip is worth more five dollar bills than you can shake a stick at, if you put it to use.

Offcourse I'll see to it my information is very valuable. But isn't it more profitable to use an autoresponder to get leads so you can followup with them and build a relationship with them.

Hahaha That eppic cash website awefull. I hate sites with any kind of hype what so ever. I know not to ever use hype as part of my marketing strategy.
    Last edited by comodo427; January 16th, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast