Affiliate Manager
    How can Affiliate Managers do their job better?
    Hi all,

I'm an Affiliate Manager at Shoeboxed.com and am kind of new at my job. I'm trying to learn as much as I can and would love to get some feedback from you all.

After reading dozens of articles on affiliate marketing and browsing ABestWeb, I've nailed down my duties to three essential categories:

1) Recruiting new affiliates
    2) Keeping existing affiliates happy and satisfied
    3) Providing incentives to affiliates to drive growth

So my question for the week is: How can I do my job better? Please take a look at the Shoeboxed Affililate Program at shoeboxed.com/affiliates. Do I need to change the commissions package? Is CJ the right vendor of choice? What kind of bonus offers work well?

Thanks in advance for replying back. You can also reach me at atif@team.shoeboxed.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeboxed View Post
    Hi all,

I'm an Affiliate Manager at Shoeboxed.com and am kind of new at my job. I'm trying to learn as much as I can and would love to get some feedback from you all.

After reading dozens of articles on affiliate marketing and browsing ABestWeb, I've nailed down my duties to three essential categories:

1) Recruiting new affiliates
    2) Keeping existing affiliates happy and satisfied
    3) Providing incentives to affiliates to drive growth

So my question for the week is: How can I do my job better? Please take a look at the Shoeboxed Affililate Program at shoeboxed.com/affiliates. Do I need to change the commissions package? Is CJ the right vendor of choice? What kind of bonus offers work well?

Thanks in advance for replying back. You can also reach me at atif@team.shoeboxed.com
    Shoeboxed,

Welcome to our family, you will find almost everything you need here to develop yourself and grow your affiliate channel. If you want to learn more, feel free to drop me an email and we can speak on the phone. We offer one on one merchant training ...

Thanks,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    there is more to that than those 3

i.e. more advance Q
    1) Read about parasiteware and how you want to address it
    ParasiteWare - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

2) 80-20 rule

3) Examine the market place, checkout your competitors

4) Have a communication schedule for your affiliates

5) Reporting and growth projection, etc

All the best

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Andy! Hopefully, we'll talk soon sometime.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the advice Eric. I'm definitely reading up on parasites.

With regards to communicating with affiliates, I've been a bit disheartened by the response rate I get from our affiliates. I know that most of them are really busy, especially the ones that actually provide us with sales, but it's just so hard to get in touch with them since many of them don't respond to emails. Any suggestions as to how I can get better feedback from affiliates and communicate with them better? I've read that sending personalized emails not more than once every two weeks is the best way to go. I've also begun using social media, especially Twitter, as a way to establish a connection.

Welcome! Always great to see an Affiliate Manager here trying to do their job better!

I have a bunch of links in my signature that should help.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    Thank you Michael. I'm finding your posts in the Merchant Best Practices Forum and the Affiliate Friendly Policies section really really useful!

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Hi shoeboxed, welcome. One of the things I've learned as an affiliate and an affiliate manager is how important it is when writing your personal emails. Be sure the subject line peaks their interest so they will read it, keep it short and to the point, and try to come across in it like you are human. Keep it professional but with a personal touch.

Let them know you are accessible and mean it.

Good luck, its not always easy getting affiliates attention.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread