Do Any Of You Use ValueClickMedia for Banner Advertising?
    Do any of you use ValueClickMedia for banner advertising?

Lots to read when I put ValueClick in the Search box.
    (Not very much good news in there)
    Last edited by 2busy; January 17th, 2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: removed broken search URL

Does anyone here use this network as an advertiser?

If you do are you getting good results and conversions.

A lot of the things you're bringing up in your posts (banner advertising, banner exchanges, etc.) were things that were hit and miss 10 years ago, and that are far less effective now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Advertising on VC and simliar ad networks can be effective, if you have a solid offer. If it weren't a viable model, these networks would not be ongoing concerns.

I think you'll find that the minimum spend with them is in the several thousands of dollars.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Although it's worded like he would be advertising, I think (based on his other posts) that he probably means running banners as a publisher.

It's been years since I ran CPM network banners, but at the time it seems like the net payout to the publisher was in the neighborhood of $0.25 - $1 CPM. (And at that time, Tribal Fusion was one of the better ones.) At that rate, you would need millions of page views a month to earn a full time income.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

No actually I was talking about using them for advertising only not as a publisher.

In our region ValueClickmedia is not so popular. i don't know about yours. but i have heard that they are not good for the beginners. i don't know about their rates, quality of ads and other things.
    Just Got some idea about the ValueClickmedia from the honorable senior members and moderators.
    thanks

I hope you are joking about the minimum adspend being in the thousands.

If I am advertising I want to test my advert first to see if it converts well.

So I will initially just want to invest a very small amount of money to begin with.
    Last edited by comodo427; January 19th, 2011 at 01:14 PM.

When I last contacted ValueClick and several other ad networks, they did insist in very large "minimum ad buys," from $2,000 to $10,000. They're focused on serving agencies and larger advertisers.

However, some of the firms offer very limited "self-serve" options with lower minimums. Unfortunately, those options don't provide the same targeting and filtering capabilities (essentially you must buy "run of network" or "run of category" ads, at fixed prices that aren't fair for run-of-network ads, and which probably won't generate positive results).

If you can demonstrate that you are "serious" and actually have money ready to spend, you'll probably be able to find a salesperson who will let you launch a test campaign with $250 or $500.

Your best strategy is really to be "up front" about your specific campaign goals. If you're able to track and measure ROI, and you tell the salesperson that you need a specific ROI to justify expanding from a test campaign to a real campaign, you'll often find that they'll stop returning your calls because they know their network won't deliver the ROI you want. If they believe they can deliver that ROI, they'll bend over backwards to prove it to you so they can capture the account.

The world's largest ad network is Google, and you can get started there (adwords.google.com) with just a few dollars. Once you experiment with ads across the Google "Display Network" (formerly called the "Content Network"), you'll have some data that you can use to make intelligent decisions about advertising elsewhere. Ironically, Google's Display Network gives you much more control than many other ad networks, although it requires a substantial amount of time and effort to properly design and optimize effective campaigns there.
    Last edited by markwelch; January 19th, 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Thankyou for that! So I will need to do some nogotiating for a test campaign. If my test campaign brings in a good ROI I will invest a larger sum of money.

Mark Do Valueclickmedia offer cpm options? If they do this will be good for me once I've tested a banner and managed to design one with a high clickthrough rate.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread