Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    53
    Does anyone have a list of the "Internets" that Bush mentioned in the third debate? I'm doing OK just in this one, but always looking for more.

  2. #2
    Affiliate Miester my2cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    far far away....
    Posts
    2,161
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Ryan:
    Does anyone have a list of the "Internets" that Bush mentioned in the third debate? I'm doing OK just in this one, but always looking for more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    giv the guy a break.... he's been on the farm too long....

    Joe

    that comment belongs in the same file as Al Gore's comment about AL inventing the internet....

    PS&gt;&gt;
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    53
    I agree. We all should be thankful to George. he single handily solved our nation's energy problem:

    "That's why I proposed a hydrogen automobile—hydrogen-generated automobile."

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6209704

    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Ryan:
    Does anyone have a list of the "Internets" that Bush mentioned in the third debate? I'm doing OK just in this one, but always looking for more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    giv the guy a break.... he's been on the farm too long....

    Joe

    that comment belongs in the same file as Al Gore's comment about AL inventing the internet....

    PS&gt;&gt; <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

  4. #4
    Devil's Reject Electropulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    987
    there is different internets for that the government uses and maybe Bush knows a little more than most.

    keep repeating Bush is dumb, and you'll start believing it.

    Kerry in his boat...one big wheel to steer boat.
    Bush in his plane...many dials and controls, split sec reaction and fast thinking required.

  5. #5
    Affiliate Miester my2cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    far far away....
    Posts
    2,161
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

    keep repeating Bush is dumb, and you'll start believing it.

    Kerry in his boat...one big wheel to steer boat.
    Bush in his plane...many dials and controls, split sec reaction and fast thinking required. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I GW...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

  6. #6
    pph Expert! Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    5,781
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I GWB.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> All this talk about who is the stupidest, ....
    I think they are both a few cents short of a dollar. If these two are examples of supposedly highly educated Americans it does not show the rest of you in a very good light.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

    YouTrek

  7. #7
    Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    646
    Like ElectricPixel said, a few years ago the government began setting up a seperate internet strictly for use by the government. I.U. in Bloomington, which is near here, was/is acting as the headquarters for getting it up and working.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    53
    ahhh,
    that's what he meant. The proposed Internet II That's where the "rumors" appeared, right?


    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by electricpixel:
    there is different internets for that the government uses and maybe Bush knows a little more than most.

    keep repeating Bush is dumb, and you'll start believing it.

    Kerry in his boat...one big wheel to steer boat.
    Bush in his plane...many dials and controls, split sec reaction and fast thinking required. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    53
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Ryan:
    ahhh,
    that's what he meant. The proposed Internet II That's where the "rumors" appeared, right?

    If Kerry had said, it would all over the place, Overstock.com would be selling an exclusive video of it

    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by electricpixel:
    there is different internets for that the government uses and maybe Bush knows a little more than most.

    keep repeating Bush is dumb, and you'll start believing it.

    Kerry in his boat...one big wheel to steer boat.
    Bush in his plane...many dials and controls, split sec reaction and fast thinking required. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    53
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Ryan:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Ryan:
    ahhh,
    that's what he meant. The proposed Internet II That's where the "rumors" appeared, right?

    If Kerry had said, it would all over the place, Overstock.com would be selling an exclusive video of it

    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by electricpixel:
    there is different internets for that the government uses and maybe Bush knows a little more than most.

    keep repeating Bush is dumb, and you'll start believing it.

    Kerry in his boat...one big wheel to steer boat.
    Bush in his plane...many dials and controls, split sec reaction and fast thinking required. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Bush a drunk and possibly a coke addict, hiding behind daddy's name and now that he is protected by the Secret Service acts as a tough guy.

  11. #11
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Posts
    17,328
    The largest consortium of manufacturers in the world runs and operates it's own Internet for years. The auto industry has a complete parallel Internet to the WWW one. The Federal government also has it's own IntraNet that piggy backs via various common Internet access points.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

    "What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Posts
    2,299
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I GWB.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> All this talk about who is the stupidest, ....
    I think they are both a few cents short of a dollar. If these two are examples of supposedly highly educated Americans it does not show the rest of you in a very good light. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If they want another one just like those to I suggest us Canadians find out where Chretian is these days and let him be part of their team

  13. #13
    I like traffic lights
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Posts
    2,936
    Exactly Mike, INTRANETS, not THE INTERNET.

  14. #14
    Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    646
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Exactly Mike, INTRANETS, not THE INTERNET. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Nope, InTERnet, not InTRanet. Here is the "home" page: http://www.internet2.edu/

    Under the "About us" link it states:

    Internet2 is a consortium being led by 207 universities working in partnership with industry and government to develop and deploy advanced network applications and technologies, accelerating the creation of tomorrow's Internet. Internet2 is recreating the partnership among academia, industry and government that fostered today´s Internet in its infancy. The primary goals of Internet2 are to:

    Create a leading edge network capability for the national research community
    Enable revolutionary Internet applications
    Ensure the rapid transfer of new network services and applications to the broader Internet community.

    They won't let affiliate marketing on it yet.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

  15. #15
    I like traffic lights
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Posts
    2,936
    &gt;"accelerating the creation of tomorrow's
    &gt;Internet"

    See - they still talk about it in the singular.

    Internet2 is a test track.

    Singular, not plural.

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    767
    It is Internets! Internets, internets. Yes, interents, internets - No, I never make mistakes.

    I'm George Bush and I approve this message.



    You all, you forgot about Poland!

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    64
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Ryan:
    Does anyone have a list of the "Internets" that Bush mentioned in the third debate? I'm doing OK just in this one, but always looking for more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yes,
    internet - 354,456,776,693 members - to join, just get a browser
    THE INTERNET - 1 member - email gwb@whitehouse.gov to join

  18. #18
    Eternal Optimist Look4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Home base: Pennsylvania
    Posts
    438
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cagles Mill:
    Internet2 is a consortium being led by 207 universities working in partnership <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Wasn't Internet2 started by Al Gore?
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

    Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

  19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 6th, 2011, 11:24 PM
  2. Update on 180 targeting, targeting list, exclusion list
    By bedelman in forum Suspicious Activity!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2004, 05:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •