I would like your guys opinion on a matter. Since about march i have been an affiliate. I hav been using adwords and it has brought in some good money. Its totaling 5 digits know. But recently i am looking into making a website and promoting my affiliate programs that way. So the question is what do you think is better making a web site or doing adwords. i realize that adwords cost money and you can make a website for free. and also adwords or so much easier and take little to no time to make unlike a web site. Well if you could give me your guys opinion on it that would be great.

Thanks
    Bailey

for long term success you need to do both....

your adwords ads should be sending visitors to a page on your site... you need to brand yourself and not the merchants you are promoting...

what you are doing is the most common mistake affiliate marketers make...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I would definitely recommend building a site. If you think about it, you pay for your visitors every single time they come through your Adwords campaign. Not true if you have a nice little website that they can bookmark or find through natural search.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:

your adwords ads should be sending visitors to a page on your site... you need to brand yourself and not the merchants you are promoting...

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

whoa! 5 digits off JUST adwords?
    I assume those ads point to the Merchants site with your affiliate code embedded in the link?

I'm sure it can be done, but it seems like it would be hard to find what works and what doesn't considering the COST.

Building a web site is NOT FREE especially if YOU consider the AMOUNT of time required for the intial build and upkeep.

If I were making 5 digits with just pure ADWORDs, I'm NOT sure I would even build a site..

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bailey_C:
    it has brought in some good money. Its totaling 5 digits know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did you have to spend to bring in the $10000+ ? How many of the merchants you push got priced out by competetors?

If you want dependable income, build a variety of sites with alternative ways of marketing goods/services.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

It cost a couple of hundred to get that kind of cash. The secret i used well not really a secret bt i used uk affiliate programs. I have i have a couple that give me 45 pounds per lead which is like 100 dollars over here. I need just one person to fill out one form a day and i will make 3 grand a month. And thas just with one merchant i have about 4 that pay a little less then 40 pounds a form.

Thas how i make that much money.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bailey_C:
    It cost a couple of hundred to get that kind of cash. The secret i used well not really a secret bt i used uk affiliate programs. I have i have a couple that give me 45 pounds per lead which is like 100 dollars over here. I need just one person to fill out one form a day and i will make 3 grand a month. And thas just with one merchant i have about 4 that pay a little less then 40 pounds a form.

Thas how i make that much money. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are making $10,000 from only spending a "couple of hundred"???

That can not be true

why not
    i cost only 10 cents a click i get maybe 15 clicks a day thas what 1.50 a day. times 4 thas how many campaigns i have thats 6.50. I usually get one lead from all campaigns.

Internet Cowboy
    Bailey,
    Keep up the PPC idea. It is s good one and should do you well.
    Use any free web space you can get, they all work great and you can make thousands of dollars per month without spending a dime and with little or no effort.
    Affiliate marketing is a business where it is easy to make a LOT of money with no effort at all.
    Keep doing it just like you have been doing it. You are successful and will get rich.
    Also...try sending spam e-mails. That works great too.

ABW Ambassador
    If you're spending a couple of hundred and making 5 digits, you're doing great. I would keep doing it and maybe try finding more stuff like that. Maybe you can get it to where you spend a couple of thousand and make 6 digits. Then onward and upwards

If you want a site, do that too. Some people do PPC and see what works and build around that.

ABW Ambassador
    &gt;Some people do PPC and see what works and build around that.

PPC is a good way to test conversion rates.
    Then build sites and get FREE traffic on those same terms that convert.

PPC is also insurance if the algo changes and you are SOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that too. I have just started to implement that with my current pages in conjuction with adwords. It has been great to see that small change make a huge difference.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread