pricing for datafeed
    Not sure if I am right or wrong,
    But while I was trying to get datafeed from linkshare, I think I found there is $250 dollars fee for that, is this true? if yes well... I didn't know that, I don't think for now I would be willing to pay that much for a website that I am not even sure if it will work or not since that I am a beginner in this type of business,

Now based on this old thread: Which LS affiliates have free datafeeds? - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

I believe there is an actual fee of $250, I just want to make sure it is true,
    There is also a way to have it waived and I believe (not sure) that if you are applying for linkshare UK then it will be waived, so if I am from US then I get ripped off? it should be either free or not if your website is international, at least to be fair,

so Merchandisers don't have to pay linkshare to join them and set account with them and set their datafeed with them?

It sounds like a cellphone company, if someone calls you then they charge the caller and the receiver both, this is BS,
    Besides it is not like they are charging $10 or $50 for that, a beginner should pay $250 to start with them,

Well, I want to ask if I have to pay for datafeed set up or there is an other option for that? I want to know if I have to cancel linkshare for now and focus on other sites,

Thank you all and excuse my little frustration.

it's free if you maintain 50 sales in the past 30 days I believe. dunno if you have to maintain it, or just have it when you apply.

you could sign up with itunes and purchase 10 $.99 apps/songs and then you can theoretically have it for $50 instead.

should work I imagine.

PopShops is a better way to go
    PopShops, IMHO, is a better way to go. You pay PopShops $14.99 a month, to use it on one web site. There is no charge, to the merchant, to have their data feed in PopShops. You can use PopShops for as many merchants as you want, on that web site. For 2 or more web sites, the charge for PopShops is $29.99 a month.

I do not agree that popshops is a better choice but it is a option.
    Last edited by kse; January 21st, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

The feeds at CJ are free.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I think CJ also has a min sales required as well. I know I just put in a request at all the networks for access to the feeds and was given access.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

CJ feeds are free - NO min sales required.

They have been free for all affiliates for at least 2 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    CJ feeds are free - NO min sales required.

They have been free for all affiliates for at least 2 years now.
    Ok that good to hear, its been awhile and I know when I first started their were some restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Ok that good to hear, its been awhile and I know when I first started their were some restrictions.
    At CJ click on - account - services - create product export - and you'll see what to do from there.

Yeah, the CJ feeds being free now is a great development.

I use no Linkshare merchants, so that's not a problem.

You might also want to look at Shareasale and AvantLink. Their feeds are free, and AvantLink has some really nice tools for using their merchants' feeds.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    PopShops, IMHO, is a better way to go. You pay PopShops $14.99 a month, to use it on one web site. There is no charge, to the merchant, to have their data feed in PopShops. You can use PopShops for as many merchants as you want, on that web site. For 2 or more web sites, the charge for PopShops is $29.99 a month.
    There is something that little confuses me about popshops as me being a beginner,
    on the enterprise $29.99 deal, it says there is Data feed search box, while it is not available for pro $14.99 deal,
    My questions is: (Data feed search box) is the same box that comes with a store to search the products or this one is for searching the data feed through the intermediate commision websites (like cj, sas ...etc) to find what you like and post it on your website?

sorry, I am little confused here, in small words, does the $14.99 deal come to product search engine or not?

also, does it list the shops in catalogs (for store names and/or products) on page?

I can't find any example for the $14.99 on their website, but only for the datapack, is there any example for the $14.99 deal you know about?

Thanks

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread