Affiliate Manager
    Question Opinions on Go Data Feed Service?
    Hello, we are looking at using Go Data Feed but because it's automated and we currently do so much hand manipulation (our cart is crappy and we are moving but it will take a while) I'm afraid the "basic" data will turn some catalog affiliates away.

The biggest drawback is our cart will not export categories so GDF will have to "guess" by the product title like "Shirt" "Jeans" etc.. Our actual categories would end up like "Denim/Skinny Jeans" - I have a feeling this lack of categorization is going to be a deal breaker

As a publisher does anyone have an option on data feeds from an automated source as opposed to a more customized feed directly from the merchant?

If you're saying that using the autofeed service will destroy your categories, then yes, many affiliates would NOT want to work with your feed.

One of the biggest problems working with datafeeds is trying to establish sensible and consistent categories. It becomes immensely harder to build a legitimate site without good categories in the datafeed.

I'm not familiar at all with Go Data Feed.

Many merchants who hang out around these forums have their datafeeds available via PopShops.com. They charge nothing to the merchant and many, many affiliates here (including myself) use PopShops as part of their affiliate sites. Have you checked into PopShops.com?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Any feedback on pop shops web service vs web services available with linkshare or CJ?
    What are the main benefits?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aboxy View Post
    Any feedback on pop shops web service vs web services available with linkshare or CJ?
    What are the main benefits?
    thanks
    Why not go to PopShops.com and look around? I told you above enough about the service for you to know that a number of affiliates use it and that it doesn't cost the merchant anything. Take a look.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Data Feed Automation
    We had a very similar issue as we were using Volusion and couldn't export our categories, we then moved over to a new cart (3Dcart) and since they have an integration with Go Data Feed we tried it out and for over a year we have been happy with them.
    Hope This Helps

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread