Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Good luck! Reversals are showing up!

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    yeah, i have just had 5 ebay reversals from november, that had already been accepted, and they are put as unqualified lead!!! whats with that? either someone bid and they were accepted or no one bid and they did not get accepted!!! i am very fed up with ebay, they said that this would not happen again!

oh, and i am so pleased i just made 5c on a buy it now!!!

ABW Ambassador
    oh, and i just had a reversal from november for $3 from homevisions.com saying invalid credit card, shouldn't they have seen that before????? why would someone just spend $30 i they had stolen a credit card???

Or they Used Buy It Now to get the item in time for christmas and YOU did not get credit for their registration.

It was very bad business practices that eBay did not indicated that Buy It Now does not count towards validating registrations.

ABW Ambassador
    i assumed that they did not accept the leads until someone had bid!?

so i have no idea how they worked out unqualified lead

maybe they just like annoying us all,

i am fed up with earning minus amounts!

ABW Ambassador

I hate reversal day.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I just got two of those from Home Visions. Transactions from 12/4 and thereabouts! I know it's possible to slip by a bad CC for a *while*, but a MONTH?! Yah right. I think that "Invalid CC" is just HV's equivalent of Shmusic123's "can't ship/sold out". A blanket excuse they use for every transaction.

Lots of reversals are barreling in from SureFit, too. They're living up to their 20% or so reversal rate!

And of course, Schmusic123 couldn't be left out. They came in with theirs yesterday. More people kept their instruments than I expected, though. It could help that I used my mother's info on what instruments to promote for the holidays, and what things not only sell, but stay sold at the music store she teaches in! But Schmusic couldn't keep their mitt entirely off that button, either.

Hopefully no others will join in this reversing stuff...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    i have just had another $70 took off, i hope it stops now!!!!!

not a happy chappy

ABW Ambassador
    i have just had 11 reversals of 79c from kays, exctly the same transaction date and time for all, i think they may have made a mistake!! which makes you wonder about the 23 ebay reversals i have had!!!

Global Sports.

I didn't think I had that much blood in me.

ABW Ambassador
    another 10 reversals from ebay, total 33 - $165, now they are using compliance as an excuse - they specifically told me that there would be no more problems with duplicating!

i am seriously miffed!!

Exactly ... last time this happened they said all the problems were fixed, and it would never happen again. Yet I just had a bunch from the end of December reversed. What's their excuse this time?

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

My ears are burning. Can anyone find Todd's message that said this wouldn't happen again?

I'm really upset. Even if it is a valid reason it is f*cking wrong to take money away after due to a problem WITHOUT TELLING US AHEAD OF TIME THAT IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Just recieved this email from CJ:

You have received this email because Commission Junction reported a small portion of your publisher transactions multiple times during the month of December. We recently posted corrections for the duplicate transactions, and this is now reflected in your reports and account balance. The corrections are identified with the reason "Compliance" to reflect that this is not an advertiser-initiated correction.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions or need assistance, please log into your Commission Junction account (www.cj.com) and use the "Support" drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Sincerely,

R. Geoffrey Stevens
    Director, Client Services
    Commission Junction

-------------------------------

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...5576013481&p=2
    -----
    where it says:
    posted December 19, 2002 04:52 PM

The problem has been identified and corrected. It will not occur again.

Best regards,

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

---

Oh sure, this time it wasn't eBay's fault, CJ is taking the blame:

Dear Commission Junction Publisher,

You have received this email because Commission Junction reported a small portion of your publisher transactions multiple times during the month of December. We recently posted corrections for the duplicate transactions, and this is now reflected in your reports and account balance. The corrections are identified with the reason "Compliance" to reflect that this is not an advertiser-initiated correction.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions or need assistance, please log into your Commission Junction account (www.cj.com) and use the "Support" drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Sincerely,

R. Geoffrey Stevens
    Director, Client Services
    Commission Junction

---

quote:
    The problem has been identified and corrected. It will not occur again.

I apologize, I was wrong about the problem not occuring again for eBay.

The problem was identified and has been corrected. However, it took two months to correct the problem.

I will get more details from Client Services so I can post a more detailed explanation.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

What bugs me is that accepted transactions are being reversed. If some of my transactions are showing up as accepted, and others as extended, but the accepted transactions can be reversed as "unqualified", then what is the difference between an accepted and an extended lead?

This leaves me 0 faith in CJ/eBay. I suspect that there are big, big problems with this program.

http://www.hockeydb.com

Todd,

Let's be perfectly clear. Unless a rabit gets pulled out of a hat, I'm going to go out of business because of this.

There is no way this is accurate and you haven't said how this is going to effect checks.

Are you trying to put me out of business or does it just tough luck if I can't buffer this kind of mistake?

Meanwhile, eBay wasn't compensating for BUY IT NOW links so it looks to me that this should be a wash.

You could have at least looked at how this would effect larger affiliates like myself and looked at a way to spread out the reversals.

It may come to a surprise for CJ but a lot of businesses rely on stability and trust to stay in business. I have no indication if I'm even going to get paid for the next few months. I CANNOT PAY BILLS IF I have to return to you money from my account.

What will CJ and/or eBay do to help me stay in business due to your mistakes, the tracking issues, and the BUY IT NOW non payments?

And please expain my reports (I sent you e-mail if you don't know which site).

For a site that does several K per month this is what I'm now seeing for last year:

Aug: -$1,985.93
    Sep: -$951.19
    Oct: -$228.92
    Nov: -$278.99
    Dec: -$748.44

SO FAR JUST TODAY:

-$1,553.18

As an act of good faith eBay should find a way to compensate it's beleagured affiliates for past buy-it-nows.

We are good people, We are helping them.

eBay, as the quality company I believe it to be, and the leader of Internet commerce that everyone knows it is, should step forward now and show that they really do give a damm about us, instead of doing "just enough" which is what they did earlier today.

Come on eBay, just do what's right.

- Ed

"It's my hope that you'll come to appreciate the past should not be forgotten. It should be cherished, and run late-night, in syndication, after the local news." (Orange County)

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    eBay's chargeback %age is currently 33.6%

I guess once the chargeback figure shown completely the "new deal" (paying "buy it now" new registrations as well) we'll be able to calculate how much we've been ripped off for those new users we've provided up until now (and not been paid for).

Likewise,we'll possibly be able to guess how much we're not getting for new users that are sellers rather than buyers.

And without sellers, eBay is NOTHING.

ABW Ambassador
    This is just the begining folks.

I suspect nearly all ebay registrations for the week before Christmas will be reversed due to buy-it-now bids.

CJ might as well delay my payment until February because at this rate I am going to owe them money.

I had a total of 144 leads in November:

56 have been "corrected" so far
    47 of those are marked accepted, 9 marked locked.

88 are not yet "corrected"
    76 locked, 12 extended.

So out of 144 well-targeted leads, I'll get paid for between 76 and 88.

I'm not impressed.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    The problem was identified and has been corrected. However, it took two months to correct the problem.

If it is, in fact, corrected...I don't see why we get penalized for CJ's mistake. As a sign of good faith, how is CJ going to compensate us? 'cuz right now, how much faith can we possibly have?

Supras | Celicas

I for one would like an intelligent explanation. "We made a mistake and had to fix it," just doesn't cut it!

In order for ebay to succeed they need people to visit their site, register and bid or buy. Otherwise, there would be no reason for people to put stuff up for auction. That's why they have an affiliate program. So that affiliates will drive buyers to their site.

Am I understanding what happened here? Ebay was only paying for people who registered and bid. But, if they registered and then did a Buy It Now, ebay wasn't willing to pay for that. Even though the registered user could come back and buy and buy again and never give the sender credit for having them go there in the first place.

So, we did our part. We drove the qualified traffic to their site, and because CJ tracked people who made direct buys as Qualified Leads we're being penalized because they bought instead of bid. What if that bidder came back to my page where I list all the items in a category and selected something that didn't have a Buy It Now option? And bid on it? Did I get credit for that bid?

And first thing today ebay announces that now we are going to be paid for the Buy It Now Leads, and then they turn around and take all the ones we've done for the past two months?

I really would like to know exactly what the big mistake CJ made and why I'm being penalized for it. Looks like we've just been shown that there are shading dealings going on. We might never have known were weren't being paid for the Buy It Now leads if CJ hadn't tracked them and then decided to reverse them.

I had 107 sign-ups in November. Fifteen were reversed for not qualifying and 26 were disqualified for Compliance. So now I have 66 remaining, of which 11 are still hanging out there as extended.

At the end of December I had 153 Leads, with 58 extended. Today's blast reversed 21 for Compliance. But I still have 48 extended which means 11 of my accepted leads were reversed and only 10 of my extended ones were.

I spent hours and hours and hours setting up over 50 pages with ebay listings using the Editor Kit to make it easier for surfers to find exactly what they were looking for and finding it at ebay. And what happens? The surfer is happy. Ebay is happy, and I did all that work just to get screwed? Somebody needs to explain this.

---

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast