ABW Ambassador
    Spurned By Groupon - Google Offers
    Technolog - More deal duels as 'Google Offers' takes on Groupon

Competition heating up. I just joined one of them, Living Social, to get the deal that spread like wildfire across the web. The $20 Amazon gift card for $10. Just got that deal yesterday.

I saw that yesterday. I totally expected Google to do this and I imagine Groupon did too. I can't imagine that Google will ever be able to offer the customer service that Groupon offers. It would mean that humans would have to be hired and Google might have to install phone lines. ;-/
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Amazon is not available in my country
    can't even bye any thing from them. i have also seen the offer but alas! i am not as lucky as you guys. i live in a poor country which don't allow us to better our quality and have the latest offers from the hot marketing products of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    I can't imagine that Google will ever be able to offer the customer service that Groupon offers. It would mean that humans would have to be hired and Google might have to install phone lines. ;-/
    I see it the opposite way, google will automate the system, cutting out the huge number of sales people group on depends on. Tie that with offers on google maps (and of course location based offers on phones) and it will be a success, with a much higher payout to the merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by iolaire View Post
    I see it the opposite way, google will automate the system, cutting out the huge number of sales people group on depends on. Tie that with offers on google maps (and of course location based offers on phones) and it will be a success, with a much higher payout to the merchant.
    Part of Groupon's phone staff's job is to filter out merchants they don't feel will be a success. That's tough to automate.

Groupon still has some challenges ahead though. Their industry is immature and the eventual big winner may be a no name start-up yet to form. In fact, I'd say that's the likely outcome. Somebody will spot the holes and build a better mousetrap. Until then, I want in on the Groupon IPO...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like Google bought Dealmap - according to their blog The Dealmap

So wonder if they're going to have both or just use Dealmap.

edit - Actually that looks to be a little different.
    Last edited by Trust; August 1st, 2011 at 09:07 PM.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread