Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Today.. i noticed one of my merchants didnt have links for everyone of their product pages so i phoned cj and asked i dont want to mess up the links as i know your guyz are a bit anal about having the complete link in their.. so how can i link to a product page thats not in cj link section for that merchant so the guy said hold on and he said check yah email i have sent you the info on how to do it.

thanks... click..

go to email.. and the BS begins...

you can pay us $200 and you can pick up to 5 of your top merchants and we will prodivde you datafeeds to their products.. LIKE WHAT the *&%^9.. i was like you CHEEKY Mutha **&%%% lol... not only do they enjoy promoting parasites but now ther is a business of making money off affiliates by charging them for datafeeds..

OK LETS BACKUP THE TRUCK and look at what affiliate marketing is...

um.. COMPanies.. use advertising to sell.. they realize they are limited and what a great idea it would be to have an army ofpeople promoting them.. where they wouldnt have to pay them ANYTHING intill they made a sale... EMPHASIS.. NOT PAYING ANYTHING UNTILL a sale is made..

so they provide links.. but in the back of their minds they think ok.. these people will be helping us out.. but how can we be real dickheads and make money of them.. well we can say.. you can get all our links if you pay $200 LOL.....

yes i realize YOUR DOING US A FAVOUR..and we cant quite see that so we think we will make your job of promoting us just thatlittle bit more difficutl and frustrating.. and HEY.. cool.... you know what before we pay you one dime.. how about you pay us! $200 to get links to a merchant that might not even work out LOL>...

give me a break.. i tell you if i was a CEO at CJ i would be slapping some serious ass on thos monday morning meetings..

in the words of 20/20

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Update: I phoned them back and spoke to the same guy.. i told him exactly what I have posted above..

Funny thing is he actually agreed with me LOL.... he said I see your point your doing them a favour by offering to promote them before being paid.. so in one sense yes they should provide as much as they can in way of help to help you right off the bat.. but he said reason they put the $200 in place was more a thing of it costs money to run databases of products and we cant offer every affiliate this.. you can pay $200 and up to 7 merchants we will provide then if you finish with one merchants you can switch this over to another one..

or if your above the $10,000 a month mark you can get it for free.. nice perk of managing to figure out a way to get $10,000 without our parasites stopping you LOL... he didnt say that bit but thought it would be good to add in..

anyway.. I still think its a PISS TAKE... and i told him that...

well thats LIFE... in the affiliate river.. might aswell roll with it.. and suck it up!

Ill suck it up but aint going to agree with it..

I joined a cell phone affiliate with a huge database of products they never charged and never have done..

Basically the bottom line is this.. if you cant go to the trouble of creating links to all your pages or products maybe you shouldnt have any affiliates...

there are affiliate managers out there working their ASS off.. for affiliates... and I give them praise!..

but for the other half.. they need to seriously rethink their approach to providing affiliates with the nessary tools to help their company... if they dont want helped.. drop the affiliate program and save us all some time..!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Basically the bottom line is this.. if you cant go to the trouble of creating links to all your pages or products maybe you shouldnt have any affiliates...

there are affiliate managers out there working their ASS off.. for affiliates... and I give them praise!..

but for the other half.. they need to seriously rethink their approach to providing affiliates with the nessary tools to help their company... if they dont want helped.. drop the affiliate program and save us all some time..! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.. that is why I have narrowed my focus... i will not join a program and extensively promote that program unless it is managed by a Affiliate Manager of the caliber of the best ones here at ABW... and we all know who they are...

I need to know the AM is willing to go the extra mile to help.. before I'll spend my time on a new program.....

With over 100 websites I am close to maxed out with what i can promote... so I need to know the program is a winner... this is where the AM comes in... the AM's who are proven winners only take on winning programs...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    The $200 fee is not to "make money". 200 measly bucks isn't jack shit to CJ.

It's there to ward off those who either A)don't necessarily know what they are doing or B)aren't productive enough to generate at least $10,000 in sales each month, in which case CJ offsets the cost of time and resources spent on maintaining the product database by charging an access fee.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> if you cant go to the trouble of creating links to all your pages or products maybe you shouldnt have any affiliates... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is meant as advice, not as a snipe: If you would go through the trouble of making your own links for a merchant who doesn't, then maybe you wouldn't have any competition.

Internet Cowboy
    That $200 is by FAR the best $200 I have ever spent.
    It takes time and effort to manage datafeeds. If they were free, everyone in here would be getting them, many that didn't know what to do with them would get them.

You can have as many as you want. They start you off with 5, but you can have all you want. I get hundreds of them.

If you are serious about affiliate marketing, spend the $200 and move on. They will even front you the money, you do not have to send them a check or give them a credit card. They will deduct it from your commissions.

Access to datafeeds, whether you use all of them or not, will give you complete flexibility in your design. You will not have to complain about CJ being slow or the search not working. You will have all you need right on your local computer.

http and a telephoto
    I paid for access, I paid for programs to use datafeeds to my advantage, I have made back all the money I invested plus a bit more.

It takes money to make money, no matter what business you are in. If you were a sales rep for a company, you would still have to pay for supplies and materials.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I have a question?

Does the pay datafeeds different than the free one?

Thanks!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

http and a telephoto
    Mostly yes. There are many merchants with free feeds and the free feeds are set up differently than the cj provided feeds. The cj provided feeds all have the same fields and the merchant either fills them or doesn't, but they are all there. Most here are ABW make private feeds that are better than the CJ feeds.

I mentioned in another thread that it depends on your merchants whether you need to access the CJ feeds or not. The merchants I am promoting and making money with do NOT have an outside feed.

You may not have a need for the cj paid feeds at all, it depends on what you are promoting.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Boston_Crab:
    The $200 fee is not to "make money". 200 measly bucks isn't jack shit to CJ.

It's there to ward off those who either A)don't necessarily know what they are doing or B)aren't productive enough to generate at least $10,000 in sales each month, in which case CJ offsets the cost of time and resources spent on maintaining the product database by charging an access fee. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disgree with you there, I make over 10,000 a month consistently not through cj but indepedant affiliate programs who like 2 CENTS pointed out.. want to help.. sorry nothing cuts the reason to charge $200.. wether i make $20,000 or $30,000 a month im not coughing up $200 to satisfy some ******* at cj

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Just wait until you make enough at CJ to get the free ones. It's possible to do it without feeds--that's how I avoided paying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>nice perk of managing to figure out a way to get $10,000 without our parasites stopping you LOL... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Promote stuff that moves so well that 10k-worth of sales get through anyway; that's not as hard as it sounds!

And remember that's $10k/month in SALES not commissions!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Today.. i noticed one of my merchants didnt have links for everyone of their product pages so i phoned cj and asked i dont want to mess up the links as i know your guyz are a bit anal about having the complete link in their.. so how can i link to a product page thats not in cj link section for that merchant so the guy said hold on and he said check yah email i have sent you the info on how to do it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, maybe I am missing something but if you couldn't find a product link for one of their products at CJ, I don't see how the feed will help you? The feed is the same data as their 'product' links in the get links section.
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

LH,

Easy with the gratuitous cursing ... I try use it when I mean it, and add emphasis it has more effect that way
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Easy with the gratuitous cursing ... I try use it when I mean it, and add emphasis it has more effect that way
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha... Maybe you should add that to the 'rules' Haiko
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

is more effective than

Continued Success,

Haiko

Haiko,

Stop showing off with the new smilies or we are going to call an strike around here.

Just give us the link to the box of smilies and don't hide good ones for yourself.

Ok, but this is just a quickie script to thumbnail them, this is not part of the new software, nor is it categorized and you'll have to click the thumbnail to see the animation.

http://abestweb.com/smilies/galerie.php
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Thank You, I got it.

Mr. Sal,

Get back in the corner, I missed hearing you had permission to get out?

Love the emotions Haiko ! whoo hoo!

SandraR,

From now on you better behave or get ready for an

Mr SAl,

we need to dedicate a thread to playing with the COOL and groovey emotions icons!

Good idea, you open it and I will follow you.

I like this smiley

ABW Ambassador
    This is an easier url, all on one page
    http://abestweb.com/smilies/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast