Misconception About Affiliate Programs
    Misconception about affiliate programs

Now a days am researching on affiliate marketing program through out my research I figured out that people have few misconceptions for this program. I sorted them as a myth.

Myth #1 - If you have affiliates, you will lose money on sales that you would have gotten anyway.
    Myth #2 - Your AdWords costs will go up, because you will be competing against your own affiliates.
    Myth #3 - Customers become affiliates just to get a discount on your software
    Myth #4 - Your reputation will be damaged by affiliates using unprofessional tactics.
    Myth #5 - Simply having an affiliate program will generate more sales.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

In certain circumstances.. some of those myths could actually be true.

Myth #1 - Can't say how many times I've gone to make an online purchase at a retailer I use regularly, only to at the last minute google for a coupon. Then which ever random couponer I choose gets the credit for that sale. It could be argued that they help close the sale - but then again... I was going to buy with or without the coupon so... ...?

Myth #2 - If competing with the same keywords, its possible. But hey guess it couldn't hurt to have your own site on the top three paid results - either directly or through an affiliate.

Myth #3 - I've seen this done plenty of times - some have rules against it, some encourage it.

Myth #4 - Definitely possible for someone to try to hold you libable for an affiliates actions. ( www.seomoz.org/blog/dsw-sues-zapposcom-for-trademark-infringement-over-affiliates-review-sites)
    Last edited by 2busy; January 22nd, 2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Unlinked URL

Quote Originally Posted by SeeksSteven View Post
    In certain circumstances.. some of those myths could actually be true.

Myth #1 - Can't say how many times I've gone to make an online purchase at a retailer I use regularly, only to at the last minute google for a coupon. Then which ever random couponer I choose gets the credit for that sale. It could be argued that they help close the sale - but then again... I was going to buy with or without the coupon so... ...?

Myth #2 - If competing with the same keywords, its possible. But hey guess it couldn't hurt to have your own site on the top three paid results - either directly or through an affiliate.

Myth #3 - I've seen this done plenty of times - some have rules against it, some encourage it.

Myth #4 - Definitely possible for someone to try to hold you libable for an affiliates actions. (www.seomoz.org/blog/dsw-sues-zapposcom-for-trademark-infringement-over-affiliates-review-sites)
    I'm agreed with your points as well.
    Last edited by 2busy; January 22nd, 2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Unlinked quoted URL
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread