What happened to: Open Source Consolidated Affiliate Statistics Software
    Hi,

Can someone tell me what happened to the project discussed in the thread Open Source Consolidated Affiliate Statistics Software?

I can't find it mentioned anywhere else, so did it not get off the ground?

Paul

I haven't head of it, Paul. But that thread is three and a half years old - with no apparent follow-up. Draw your own conclusions.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I haven't head of it, Paul. But that thread is three and a half years old - with no apparent follow-up. Draw your own conclusions.
    Hi Bill,

Yes, I could draw my own conclusions. But I was hoping someone would confirm it.

Paul

It never got off the ground. If there's enough interest in reviving it, I would certainly like to see it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    It never got off the ground. If there's enough interest in reviving it, I would certainly like to see it.
    Thanks Michael,

I was thinking of doing something for myself but didn't want to re-invent the wheel.

Why did if falter - was it technical, doubts about security?

Paul

Nobody stepped forward to work on developing it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Speak to eSilverBullet.com as they are in beta for a stat program, they posted a thread in New Program Announcements last year.

Just to finish this thread off,

Having looked at this in more detail, I see it would require a lot of development and maintenance work, not least because many networks don't provide an api. I can't imagine anyone stepping up to do this for no reward - I'm sure most open source programmers have a business model and some way of generating income.

I spoke to eSilverBullet and they've developed a commercial solution. I asked them how much it would be and when it would be launched but I haven't had a response yet.

In the meantime, I'll log in to each of my fifteen networks...

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Weston View Post
    Just to finish this thread off,

Having looked at this in more detail, I see it would require a lot of development and maintenance work, not least because many networks don't provide an api. I can't imagine anyone stepping up to do this for no reward - I'm sure most open source programmers have a business model and some way of generating income.

I spoke to eSilverBullet and they've developed a commercial solution. I asked them how much it would be and when it would be launched but I haven't had a response yet.

In the meantime, I'll log in to each of my fifteen networks...

Paul
    Hi Paul- my name is Jed and I am with eSilverBullet. Thank you for your interest in our software. Yes it hasn't been without its challenges and difficulties. It is moving forward and providing great results.
    I would be happy to help you out and answer any questions you may have. You can reach me at jedm at esilverbullet dot com.

I would like to find out more about the networks that you run on and how we can help. Currently we have the ability to source any network that is running Direct Track or Linktrust. We will be continuing to add more from the other vendors as well.

Chuck- thanks for the shout!

Paul,

I just barely put a link from our website to our eAggregator product so you can now sign up for a beta account. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

So as of right now, merchants, affiliates and OPMs can view their aggregated stats for Commission Junction, Google Affiliate Network, ShareASale, LinkShare and AvantLink. We've got one affiliate telling us it is saving him 20 minutes a day just with those networks. For OPMs, it is obviously more than that.

Since it is still in beta, we're still discovering bugs, and right now we're working with ShareASale on one, so if you have a ShareASale account, you might want to wait a day or two to add that account.

You'll notice we're tied to just retail networks so far. Like Jed said, we've already done the work to tie into the DirectTrack and LinkTrust APIs. So we're in the process of contacting the networks that run on those systems to add them to the list. Ironically, the hard part is the contacting them, since all they need to do to be added to the list is click a few checkboxes in their LinkTrust or DirectTrack accounts.

If you want to let us know which networks you are running on, that way we can try to communicate with them from both sides, I think that should help speed the process of adding them to our list.

Cheers,

Adam
    Adam Ward, [URL="http://esilverbullet.com"]eSilverBullet[/URL]: software tools for affiliate marketing
    The eSilverBullet [URL="http://esilverbullet.com/blog"]blog[/URL]

FYI, the ShareASale folks made the change for us, so it is working again.
    Adam Ward, [URL="http://esilverbullet.com"]eSilverBullet[/URL]: software tools for affiliate marketing
    The eSilverBullet [URL="http://esilverbullet.com/blog"]blog[/URL]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread