Buying traffic
    Hi,
    I have campaigns want to promote, I found that there are web sites provide cheap targeted traffic, for example: 10,000 visitors for around $10-$20 dollars. they can target it to ocation: US, target different categories such as Arts, Auto, books, games etc.

I have not used these service yet, did anyone used it before? can you please provide some advice? Is the quality good?

Thanks
    -David

I don't recall anyone ever saying that these traffic services were any good (unless they were trying to sell the service). Save your money.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    I don't recall anyone ever saying that these traffic services were any good (unless they were trying to sell the service). Save your money.

-rematt
    +1
    BTDT a long time ago. Never again.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Bill and Rematt,
    Got it! Thank you for the information!

I posted another one about the email marketing in this session, the question is "there are companies help to send out the email campaign, I provide the email content, they send it out to the targeted email list, they say they are 100% opt-in", If I hire them to send out my email, will I be hold as SPAM?

Strangely that post is removed in this forum, I don't know why.

From the above, I guess that there are some methods that are once effective, but now it is not effective any more, but the new comers like me don't know the story, and it caused me 1-2 days try to figure out what it is, luckyly before I want to try it, I post it here to get some advice. I just wonder whether we can have a session in this forum to list the marketing methods that once are effective, but not any more now, this would save the new comers lot of time.

I guess the email marketing may also fall in this category. because when I attended the ASW last week, there is no session talking about it. if you are familiar with or used the email marketing before, can you please provide some advice?

Thanks
    -David

-David

I moved your post to the Newsletters forum here: Question on email marketing - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum because it was more related to email marketing than driving traffic which is the topic of this forum.

There should have been a temporary redirect for it, sorry if it just got lost.

It helps future newcomers to find information if we can keep similar topics in their own forums.

Hi 2busy,
    I found my post there, it is not lost, thank you to let me know.

I agree with you on "keep similar topics" in their own forums. I just wonder whether a experienced person can add a post which topic similar like "Once effective methods, but not any more" to list once popular marketing methods and make it as a stick post, so the new comers can save time and money.

BTW, I think that wording of "email marketing forum" is more intuit than "newsletters forum". at the first glance, I though "Newsletter forum" is to subscribe to the abestweb newsletter, so I just skip, I always go directly to the web site to look for the information needed. Anyway I found a new place to look for the information.

Thanks
    -David

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread