Question on email marketing
    Hi,
    I also look on the email marketing, there are companies which can send out emails for me, they provided 100% doube Opt-in, I provide the email content, they send out the email, will my e-mail campaign to be considered as SPAM?

I am totally new to email marketing, if anyone has experirence on this, please advise.

Thanks
    -David

Email marketing is inexpensive and it is more powerful in targeting the customers more effectively. But the major concern is spam filtering. I know many spam filters work on the format and content of the mail. Hence if you can draft your emails simple and professional then it is easy to bypass the spam filters.

Hi skyguide,
    Thank you. That email company will take care of format and content such as providing opt-out link etc. That email company owns the email list, I do not have access to the email list.

One thing I have concern is: I want the landing page to be in my web site if the visitor clicks links in the email, if I hire that email marketing company to send out the email, it is difficult for me to verify how that company get the email list, if that company just got the email list from somewhere and send out email for me(that email market company owns the email list), I think it is a SPAM, will my site and me get punished?

Thanks
    -David

The FTC has a good place to learn the rules. They say:
    Monitor what others are doing on your behalf. The law makes clear that even if you hire another company to handle your email marketing, you can’t contract away your legal responsibility to comply with the law. Both the company whose product is promoted in the message and the company that actually sends the message may be held legally responsible.
    Most merchants would object to your putting them in jeopardy by using a list that did not specifically sign up to receive your emails. It is best to know the rules and then decide what you should do, the FTC site is here: The CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business | BCP Business Center

Hi 2busy,

It is a good point! thank you for the information. I will not hire individual or too small companies to send out the email, otherwise I may get into the trouble.

There is an email summit in Las Vegas from 01/24 to 01/26. I think email marketing is still an effective method to drive the traffic, I do not plan to attend it because I do not plan to concentrate all my effort on email marketing, I just want to get some extra traffic from the email marketing, I will do the following:

1. Implenment my own email subscription.

2. Hire reputed companies to send out email to their email list. Can anyone provide the top 5 companies which provides this kind of services?

Thank advance!

-David

Try Mailchimp, they make sure you're in compliance and you can start off FREE!

Hi 2busy,

Thanks. I may not explain what I am looking for clearly. Sorry for that. I am using the Mailchimp now for my own email subscription service, but I only has a very limited email list, I am looking for a big targeted email list.

I searched the internet, I found there are two ways to do it:

Choice 1: Some companies sell targeted email list, if I buy it and send out through mailchimp service, is it legal?

Choice 2: Some companies has targeted email list, instead of selling the target email list to me, then send it out for me with some charge(I provide the key content, they take care of the compliance), is it legal?

In my mind, Choice 1 may not be legal, because I send out the emails to somebody who does not subscribe to my web site.

Choice 2 may be legal, depends on how that company gathers the email list, for example, if you subscribe to someone's email list, he/she may send out an email recommend other site/service once a while. Correct me if I am wrong here. If it is legal, can anyone provide the top 5 reputed companies in this area? I would like to test the water.

Thanks
    -David

Do you really think that millions of people signed up to receive YOUR email from these clowns?

How much spam do you get every day? How much of it did you "double opt in" to receive?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hi Michael,

No. I don't think so. I just want that email service company to tell their email list subscriber that my service, if they like, they may subscribe my email service on my web site. This may help to get more traffic.

for my frequently used email account, I receive around 75-100 spam mails every day. most of them are all located in yahoo bulk mail folder, because I use this account to sign up so many subscriptions on web marketing and others. although most of them are useless, but once a while, I did find something I never heard about.

First, I want to know whether doing this is legal or not? if it is legal, then I will make a tracking mechanism there to see if people opt-in my site or do purchase, if there is no opt-in and no purchase, then I will abandon it.

Thanks
    -David

You know it's spam, yet you only seem interested in whether it's legal and effective.

If you pay people to do "email marketing" for you, you are responsible for what they do. Don't come back here whining when your host shuts you down and the FTC comes after you.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hi all,
    Newbie here. Thanks for sharing!
    I got many good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by E-milanoo View Post
    Hi all,
    Newbie here. Thanks for sharing!
    I got many good ideas!
    Hi,It is fine your got your ideas related to email marketing.However, I am happy you got many ideas.I hope you will share your ideas with us.
    Last edited by skyguide; March 1st, 2011 at 02:06 AM.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread