Thread: Did I miss an announcement?

Did I miss an announcement?
    I just tried to login to my Buy.at account and instead of getting the interface I was familiar with I got this instead:

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to login, none of the choices in the drop down seem to work for me. The PubAccess in the drop down which seems to hold the most promise redirects to another site and errors out.

Anyone have any insight?

-rematt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I just tried and logged right in at https://users.buy.at/ma/index.php/ but I have been seeing weird things in there recently too. I went in to get links for one of my programs last week and then received a "Declined" email from them. I don't know whether to pull down pages or keep waiting for someone to get back to me. I had to quit 2 UK programs that I found myself signed up for (auto sign up?).

Thanks 2b, that worked. I don't know how my bookmarks were updated, but they now link to http://www.advertising.com/buyat/ in both IE and Firefox.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; January 23rd, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hi rematt -

The reason you're seeing an error message is because buy.at is no longer part of Advertising.com and therefore no longer part of the advertising.com URL. See the announcement here of our sale to Digital Window and apologies for any confusion.

The best way to login is through our homepage - www.buy.at for global affiliates or www.buy.at/us for US affiliates.

2busy - definitely let me know what additional "weird things" you see in the interface so we can address them ASAP. You're certainly welcome to post them up here so we can address publicly, or if you see a few issues with your account personally, feel free to shoot us an email.

Addressing the issues you did point out, we did have a few recent program closures, which is why you may have received a "declined' message. Regarding the sign ups for 2 UK programs - that is an odd occurance and we'd love to investigate further. Are there any other details you can provide so we can look into it?

rematt/2busy - I hope that helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

-Amy
    Last edited by Amy Ely; January 23rd, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks Amy, I guess I never updated my bookmarks, duhhh.

-rematt

Thank you Amy, I just went to the login page you posted. I've never seen that page before, but I think I'll try that one and see if the "innards" work better. The one where I always sign in sometimes hangs for several minutes. I'll need to check on that program and see if it is one that is closed.

rematt - no worries! It's hard to keep track sometimes

2busy - sounds good, let me know how it goes once you login using this page. If there's a program issue or a signup issue, we definitely want to address it quickly to ensure that others don't experience the same problem.

-Amy

Popped in to check on something and got distracted reading thru a ton of threads I hadn't seen since was here last time. (will never finish reading all of em, then they won't be here next time lol ) Came across this one and reminded me of a question I have. Probably should start a new thread regarding it but since I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about it....ummm thought may be that is only an issue with me. (tho somethin tells me I discussed this with somebody or read somethin)

Don't do much at all cos have never figured out the linking procedure so just have a teeny amount in my balance. (probably those piggies will be flying before I reach the payment threshold lol )

but...
    when I log in there's a message tellin me I need to provide my bank details for each currency, blah, blah. When I joined there was no check option but Malcolm had said there would be so I went ahead and joined. That did become an option later. Has that changed now? I realize a lotta people do direct deposit but I don't like the idea of giving my bank info so choose checks or paypal. Could anybody tell me if the policy for payment has changed or if those of us who choose checks as payment option.....can we just ignore that message? Thank you

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Don't do much at all cos have never figured out the linking procedure so just have a teeny amount in my balance. (probably those piggies will be flying before I reach the payment threshold lol )

but...
    when I log in there's a message tellin me I need to provide my bank details for each currency, blah, blah. When I joined there was no check option but Malcolm had said there would be so I went ahead and joined. That did become an option later. Has that changed now? I realize a lotta people do direct deposit but I don't like the idea of giving my bank info so choose checks or paypal. Could anybody tell me if the policy for payment has changed or if those of us who choose checks as payment option.....can we just ignore that message? Thank you
    Hi Purplebear!

Welcome back to the forum and good luck on catching up on the threads.

buy.at has added some nifty new tools since you and I last spoke and I think they will make linking, especially deep linking, much easier. You can view a video overview on Campaign and Creative tools Happy to assist with anything specific you have as well, Purplebear!

You are correct that we offer the check payment option for commission in USD only. Since you generated commission in GBP, we would need to pay you for that via direct deposit. That is currently the only option at this time. I can certainly appreciate that you are sensitive about your bank details. If the option should change in the future, I will absolutely let you know.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Hi Kim
    Thank you and yeap happened just as I thought lol read thru some of the threads last night and gave up. Just waaaay too many to catch up with so hopefully haven't missed any important announcements or anything.

Will admit that the only reason really that I even joined was cos of Malcolm and then when the issue of check payment came up, his assurance it wouldn't be a problem. (which I 100% believe wouldn't be if he had stayed.) Regarding me, is very, very, very minimal amount so is not any big deal so even tho I don't like it am ok with not getting paid for that amount.

Am an honest person tho and say what I think. Umm, this really isn't a very fair policy. I respect you and everybody else I've had contact with at buy.at so in no way blame you or think you're responsible regarding it. I know I wasn't the only affiliate who had concerns about the check payment at the time and am sure they've probably earned a lot more than I have. This changed policy means they've either had to not get paid for what they earned or given in about the check payment. Realize this is a realllllllly minimal issue to most people, just don't think it's very fair for them to have joined thinking they would be paid without a problem and then have the policy change on them. Like I said, zipping up my mouth or tying my fingers from typing and not gonna say anymore on the subject. Not an issue with me anymore.

Yeap, admit I got very frustrated with the links and just stopped devoting anymore time with anything. Only remained and kept what links I did have cos as I said, have a whole lot of respect for you so you bein there's only reason I've remained. Thank you for that link and will look at it a bit later. Kinda chalk it up to my bad luck or somethin out of all your programs, one I had to get commission for was from UK and those I'm the most interested in are also from the UK. The merger of buy.at with the other company in the UK got me excited at the thought of bein able to join those programs in the UK I haven't been able to cos of where they were. Wanna repeat tho, don't in any way blame you or anybody else at buy.at that I've had contact with. You've all been very, very nice and attempted to help always!! Appreciate that very, very much and also your taking the time to answer my question.

Giving your Direct Deposit info won't help if Buy.at owes you in GBP or Euros. You would need to have a bank that accepts payment in those currencies and you would need to have generated enough sales in those currencies to meet the minimum payout. They have been asking for my GBP and EURO bank info for close to 2 years now, I have no way to be paid for those sales. I don't market to the UK or Europe, but some of their merchants accept payments in any currency. I think the merchant should be able to convert the currencies for the network rather than just carrying commissions in limbo for years.
    I do not blame the Buy.at personnel for this problem either, they are all great to work with and very capable people but at some level, the network needs to have a viable solution. I was using flash creatives for that merchant and reported to Buy.at when I saw that my flash banners were in French with prices in Euros. That's not the creatives I put up, they had to be changed by the network or merchant somewhere.

You are definitely one of the affiliates when I said it wasn't fair. That's not right at all. Completely agree with you that the merchants should be able to convert the earnings amount. We're not talking about some teeny lil currency that nobody's heard of, umm the dollar is certainly known to those in the UK and would think would be quite easy to make the conversion.

Completely agree with you regarding the Buy.at personnel, they're all great and don't blame any of them.

So........Mr. Buy.at (don't have a clue who you are since Malcolm left) would you please consider your US affiliates and their concerns regarding this matter. Is not fair at all that they earned commissions but are now unable to receive those earnings. (not referring to me, cos mine's not that much but there are others that have more substantial amounts.) This policy is most likely keeping very good affiliates like 2busy from promoting some of your merchants also since she hasn't gotten paid for some of her earnings.

Very sorry that I've kinda taken this thread in a different direction. Umm, while I got ya here tho umm got a couple other questions for ya:

I logged in to take a look around and saw the signup for Affiliate Window. Haven't done that before since (think they're the company but not absolutely sure) they have you give them $5 before joining and then give it back after the first sale or somethin like that. Am not paying a network to join so never did. If they are same company that had that requirement, does that still apply if you join thru the buy.at link?? or are they part of Buy.at now and that policy no longer applies? (Not sure they have any US merchants tho or any without this payment problem tho)

Other question goes back to the Buy.at payment problem. Have feelin I know the answer but will give it a go anyway. Since I have some friends in the UK....umm don't suppose you'd give them my commissions then they could mail it to me in the future. I honestly don't know what the problem is with this cos I had gotten a check from Malcolm that came from the UK and it was in US dollars and got deposited into my bank with no problem. Am also a member of Webgains and least far as I know don't have this problem. Umm, maybe I better check for sure tho or might not be gettin paid from them either. lol

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Thanks for all of the feedback.

Amy and I have reached out to our Finance team, they are aware of this issue and are actively looking at ways to resolve it for our affiliates.

Please stay tuned and again, thank you for posting.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Thank you Kim and again I want to make it very, very, very clear. I don't blame you or anybody else I've communicated with at all, not even the teeeeeniest, eeeeniest bit. All of you have been extremely nice and gone out of your way to help. Have nothin but the most respect in the world for you. Thank you again for taking the time to comment in this thread....and please understand am not bein critical at all of you. Buy.at should really, really realize how fortunate they are to have you and your group.

Thank you Kim and again I want to make it very, very, very clear. I don't blame you or anybody else I've communicated with at all, not even the teeeeeniest, eeeeniest bit. All of you have been extremely nice and gone out of your way to help. Have nothin but the most respect in the world for you.
    +1
    We talked again at ASW and I know that Kim is doing her best to find a resolution for us.

Thank you Kim and again I want to make it very, very, very clear. I don't blame you or anybody else I've communicated with at all, not even the teeeeeniest, eeeeniest bit. All of you have been extremely nice and gone out of your way to help. Have nothin but the most respect in the world for you. Thank you again for taking the time to comment in this thread....and please understand am not bein critical at all of you. Buy.at should really, really realize how fortunate they are to have you and your group.
    I just wanted to jump in here and say thanks for continuing to provide feedback as well! Raising issues like this leads to changes that improve our network overall

You are very )
    Think I mentioned it in one of my posts but just in case...
    Definitely including you in my remarks about Kim. You probably don't remember me lol but have corresponded with you once or twice I think and you were very, very nice and very helpful, too. She's not here but of course Ayako was, too. so, Buy.at is very lucky to have you, too

You are very )
    Think I mentioned it in one of my posts but just in case...
    Definitely including you in my remarks about Kim. You probably don't remember me lol but have corresponded with you once or twice I think and you were very, very nice and very helpful, too. She's not here but of course Ayako was, too. so, Buy.at is very lucky to have you, too
    Thanks so much for the kind comments We're are fortunate to have such a great team!

I remember you! I'm not sure if I've met you face to face though. Will you be at Affiliate Summit East?

-Amy

19. Newsletter Signup