Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smile Who is your affiliate role model?
    Hi!

I know that this is not directly related to affiliate marketing, but a lot of Eben Pagan's/David DeAngelo's sales are based on affiliate marketing. He is an internet guru, and even a dating coach, in both of which he generates close to $28,000,000 which is monumental for a marketer. If there is someone I look up to, it is definitely him. He has amassed millions through internet alone, and then consultations and seminars that it makes a new breed of business possible.

Then there is Mark Ling from Affilorama who is also a millionaire, but his tactics are different. Unlike other affiliate gurus, he does not charge you from the begging for lessons. He offers the lessons, and his forum for free while his intermediate plans/help are sold. The reason he succeeds is because he takes a newbie and familiarizes them with affiliate marketing before they can decide to buy his help or not. That is a positive.

Be sure to check out both of them for inspiration. Who are your idols, or heroes? We don't just become affiliate marketers for the freedom alone, but also to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSebastianJames View Post
    He is an internet guru, and even a dating coach, in both of which he generates close to $28,000,000 which is monumental for a marketer.
    First: What's an internet guru?
    Second: Can a dating coach guarantee a date in a couch?
    Third: Do he generates close to $28,000,000 as a marketer from affiliate marketing, or from being a Goooooooooooooooooogle relative, or friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal View Post
    First: What's an internet guru?
    Second: Can a dating coach guarantee a date in a couch?
    Third: Do he generates close to $28,000,000 as a marketer from affiliate marketing, or from being a Goooooooooooooooooogle relative, or friend?
    Sorry for the misguided terminology. I meant that he is an internet marketer. He creates product(s) for a niche, and sells it. The quality is at par, and that is why he makes a lot of money. I can only assume that most of his wealth comes from both his programs, and seminars. It is possible to make that much money when you have a niche that is in demand, and you can provide for it. You don't need to be a "Goooooooooooooooooogle" relative, but SEO does help. As for the dating coach joke, I don't get it. The guarantee is based on how hard you are willing to apply the techniques instead of being lazy. I hope that answered your questions. Let me know if you have more.

Well you already mentioned my internet guru heh and that is Mark Ling, I stay active in his forum, his blog, watch his webminars I must say I learn a lot from him.

My affiliate role model is Donuts.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    My affiliate role model is Donuts.
    where is that lad?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not sure he's even a full time affiliate anymore based on some of his posts elsewhere. Think he's "Diversify away from solely being an affiliate."

Bob is my role model.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post

Bob is my role model.
    Bob is a good guy.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Mike, I think Donuts is Homer Simpson's role model too. hmmmmm....donuts.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

http and a telephoto
    I have a lot of affiliate role models, some have been around a long time and others not so long, and none are gurus

Shawn Collins - as an affiliate and all around business person
    Jim Kukral - as an unguru
    Tricia Meyer - as an affiliate and great person
    Missy Ward - as an affiliate manager and all around business person
    Connie Berg, Kim Rowley, Jen Goode, Haiko, Michael Coley, Brian Littleton, Todd Farmer...

and too many more to name. If I didn't mention you, doesn't mean you aren't on my list
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Wow so many names that I have never heard of. I think Ewen Chia is also good. He has been Worlds' # 1 super affiliate once.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerulislam10 View Post
    Wow so many names that I have never heard of. I think Ewen Chia is also good. He has been Worlds' # 1 super affiliate once.
    According to who?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

It says so on his web site, so it must be true. Why would he lie?

CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

i started affiliate marketing in the middle of 2010. i only follow the rules of one person, the person who told me and helped me in gathering knowledge about affiliate marketing. he is my partner, my friend and also my boss. his name is Adward Russel. he is not any popular person but he built my base.
    so he is my idol.

"World's #1 super affiliate once."

Think I'll start using that label in my sig file. It says so much, and yet so little -- with no burden of proof whatsoever. Sounds great!!

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I was world's #1 super affiliate twice. So there.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    I was world's #1 super affiliate twice. So there.
    It's my turn next Tuesday.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    hi gang! an ABW'er dropped me a link here. mentioned to them that I loved ABW for so long, it's like family to me - like an extra mother-in-law. hahahaa! meaning, i can't ever forget my connection to this place, even if i don't visit as often as i should. hehee - okay, bad analogy.

anyhow, i am full time in internet marketing, but yep, not just an affilliate, also a merchant with several stores (some have aff programs!), aff stuff, and ppc consulting.

people here that know me well, know i think each person should learn from others, but cut their own path! don't focus too much on finding a role model, their clothes may not fit you as well.

i learned so much by being here over the years, i really owe this place a debt of gratitude - and of course, this place isn't really a place, but a group of people - a diverse group of people, that helped shape me. so to every one of you, even those i differ considerably with, thanks for helping me make myself a success! i hope my past contributions here, meant the same to each of you!

and you guys gotta rib Coley - i'm not his role model, he's pulling your leg. and, he did buy me dinner a few months ago, so those rumors about him being a cheap tightwad just aren't true either.

i'm planning on being in NYC for ASE11, hope to see you all there!

:-)

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    and you guys gotta rib Coley - i'm not his role model, he's pulling your leg. and, he did buy me dinner a few months ago, so those rumors about him being a cheap tightwad just aren't true either.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

No, the rumors of me being a cheap tightwad are very true. But that doesn't stop me from treating a friend once in a while. Besides, I still owed you one from the airboat ride.

Okay, role model probably isn't the right word. I don't try to emulate anything you do - those just aren't my areas of focus. But you are one of the people in the industry that I look up to the most. Most people only know you by your participation here, but you're a lot like an iceberg. What you see on the surface is only a small part, and you do so many selfless, impressive things.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    What you see on the surface is only a small part, and you do so many selfless, impressive things.
    and i will second that
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

.....What you see on the surface is only a small part, and you do so many selfless, impressive things.
    I've got to say I agree with that, too. But it applies to many of of our industry friends, some of whom have posted in this thread. I learned a LOT from Donuts over the years and especially at a dinner in Vegas, with Kim, back in 2008 (that was a turning point in getting me deeply involved in the checks vertical). Donuts has always been willing to knowledge with those willing to listen.

But so have many of you - and that has helped me learn and progress over the years. I only try to emulate (copy?) what each of you have openly exhibited - integrity, creativity, a fine-work ethic and a willingness to share with others the excitement and opportunities available in our industry. My "role model" would have to be the collective persona of many of you; and relationships I have enjoyed over the last six or seven years, both online and in person.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Pretty much anyone who even hints that they are a "guru" would not be on my list of role models. Nor anyone who just teaches seminars about making money online. The people that I learn from most are the ones who are actually in the trenches every day. They are the ones speaking at Affiliate Summit for FREE to teach others in the industry. They are the ones answering questions in forums (usually not ones they stand to make any money off of). They are the ones who sit down with me over a drink at a conference and help me figure out how to use databases or grow my social media presence or establish myself as an expert. THOSE are the people I would consider role models to me.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

No, the rumors of me being a cheap tightwad are very true.
    I bet he used a coupon!!

I don't have affiliate role models, just those I admire for different reasons. It would include quite a few folks posting (and mentioned) in this thread, including the two I quoted above.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms View Post
    Pretty much anyone who even hints that they are a "guru" would not be on my list of role models. Nor anyone who just teaches seminars about making money online. The people that I learn from most are the ones who are actually in the trenches every day. They are the ones speaking at Affiliate Summit for FREE to teach others in the industry. They are the ones answering questions in forums (usually not ones they stand to make any money off of). They are the ones who sit down with me over a drink at a conference and help me figure out how to use databases or grow my social media presence or establish myself as an expert. THOSE are the people I would consider role models to me.
    While I can appreciate your sentiment, I can also understand the guru who charges money. After all, as affiliates, we try to help them out by promoting their product. However, once we become good, we try to profit from that so that it becomes the creme de la creme of affiliate marketing if I may. Forum members are all helpful, and help build a community, and are good role models to have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast