ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Breaking out in a sweat yet?

Feeling a bit of tightness around your collective throats??

I can't believe they let them back in the series
    Anything can happen in a game 7 !!!!!

Woudn't it be great to have the Astros take on the Red Sox? Winner takes all, World Series and presidency!

Its a tease just like every other year boston has a chance game 7 just to shut them down.

BTW Was it just me or was calling the cops onto the field over kill by the umpires. I have gone pleanty of times to Yankee Stadium. Yeah it was stupid to throw the balls onto the field but putting cops on the field is over kill. That ruined the game for me. But I am kind of happy the yankees lost today. It means I get to go to game 7 tomorrow.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    <span class="ev_code_RED">Go Sox!</span>

Yeah, yeah I know I live in NY but I'm a CT &gt;koff&lt; Yankee. Wanna see my papers?

Geeze Spencer are you saying you trust the Red Sox more than the American electorate? That's so damn sad!

ABW Ambassador
    Mikey the Geek,

Makes me wish I was back there. You go to any American League stadium in the US and you'll always see Yankee fans at Yankee games. At Yankee stadium you never see an opposing team fan.

Rhea,

Now I'm sorry I sent you that PM (heh, heh)

Thats not true. I go to Yankee games all the time and see an opposing teams fan. It may just be 1 in 55k but it's still 1.

Yankees are loved world wide. Just look at their history. But I don't buy the Yankee buys the championships. If that were the case Atlanta would of won all those world series in the 90s. It's team work. Yankees can bring the talent in and get them to work together.

ABW Ambassador
    Right, 1 in 55K, but he doesn't make it out of the stadium unbashed.

I agree with you on the Yankees not buying Championships. They are very shrewed and professional in getting the right players who have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team. You can be the best player in baseball, but if you can't be part of a team, you're not going to be a Yankee.

ABW Ambassador
    Those poor Red Sox fans are setting themselves up for another letdown.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    where is Haiko's take on this. Is he off crying in his beer?
    We need to know what the big kahuna thinks about this one !!!!!
    This is all in jest too people
    I am a baseball fan, no local team here and had cheered for the expos for 30 years

Love the playoffs when things like this happen and like many really get caught up in it

Guess it would be nice for the Sox to win, the curse story is old, we need a new team to feel sorry for

WW,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> where is Haiko's take on this. Is he off crying in his beer?
    We need to know what the big kahuna thinks about this one !!!!!
    This is all in jest too people <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I think his beer went through the TV last night so most likely he is out buying a new TV, umm and some more beer

I agree about the over kill with the police last night. It really would of been fun watching them all scramble to get out of the way on a fly ball though. The way they were squating I think it would of been a dominal effect them all falling

Jeter needs to get out of his slump tonight. What he had, something like 3 errors so far and another that could of been charged to him. Plus his batting has been dead although I will give credit to some of the Boston pitching. They have done a great job the last few games. If it wasn't for "Who's your Daddy Pitcher" I might almost like Boston. I never liked a Pitcher that throws at a guys head. Not a good example for the millions of kids watching. I know there are others out there but for some reason he really bugs me. JMO! Good Luck All
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    A few of us up here are sending a care package to the Bronx. There's a Depends shortage and the demand must be met so as to avert a public health crisis.

"I never liked a Pitcher that throws at a guys head."

Yeah, y'all are a more "pitcher that throws shattered bats at baserunners" town.

boston will be washed up tonight...

Actually crying in my Martell but the 'weird' thing is that I was looking at buying a new TV yesterday.

The ALCS has been great, I love great baseball, and deep down inside I really want the Bosox to win --- I still feel bad for them for the bruckner incident in '86 - Wooohooo Mookie! Yes I was a mets fan then, but never again! Eeek.

Right now, I'm hoping that my 'Stienbrenner conspiracy' was right and I also hope it's only a 9 inning game ... I need more sleep!

Go Yankees!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread