Is it just me or does the reporting seem a little - well odd, today.

There seems to be an incredible number of hits registering - but the transaction button must be broken at CJ.

Or is it just witching day - all the reversals are plugging up the system and the new sales have been put on the back burner for now??

Abigail

Reporting 100% of transactions here.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

ABW Ambassador
    Probably a partial delay, I had no sales in the last couple of hours.

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    After 3 hrs, a Sale showed up with almost a 1hr delay, may be I had no sales in the gap.

Fer

Only about a 20 minute delay here, which I think is what it is supposed to be.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

15 years and counting
    You scared me and I had to check my stats. I can't believe it. A bunch of sales and NO REVERSAL yet.
    I hate the 9th and 10th at CJ.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

quote:
    Originally posted by Zeus:
    I hate the 9th and 10th at CJ.

Me Too Hates 9th, 10th and sometimes 11th

15 years and counting
    Baccillus, I've not seen yet the worst offender, Zappos.
    I'm ready for a bloody 10th.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Zeus, the Zappos blood was just let on my site. Around 66% returns for December. No need to wait for the 10th.

Can't people get shoes that fit, or what??

Still, about 12 cents per click through was left, which is OK, but this Zappos really screws up my daily statistics. I'd much rather they just didn't show the sale until it was final.

Whew...at least that's over I've been zapped but not as bad as I thought, 93 sales, 21 reversals/returns whatever.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Zappos and other shoe merchant returns....

I have seen over and over by several affiliates, complaints on shoe merchants. Do you actually net out enough to even make it worth while keeping them online? With a 66% reversal rate I would say, make them a minimal page or just drop them.

On the other hand, If people are returning shoes for wrong size, I can bet that the merchant is sending new shoes to replace the original order.

Anyone ever contacted the merchants to see why there is a reversal if there is an exchange? Or do the customers just cancel the order... Sounds like Affiliates are getting the screw job again..

Allen

Allen,

You are right, why keep merchants that show reversal after reversal. I in fact just (tonight) removed all Zappos Banners and Links for the fact of a big commission ($70.00) being reversed - for the fact of all merchandise being returned ($466.00. worth of shoes) I think this is a bunch of *&#@. Don't get me wrong, I sort of knew that this would happen with Zappos for the fact that this is not the first time they have done this but, I am getting sick of it.

There were small commissions however that were not reversed by Zappos. I think that most merchants DO NOT WANT TO PAY US. They will throw us a few measley commissions for us to think that they are on the up and up.

Michael

I'm having fun with Zappos. In August I spent about $8 to register a domain name, carefully kept track of the time I spent (a total of 4 hours and 35 minutes) setting up the site, getting signed up with Zappos, getting links, everything. Just to see what return I would be able to get on my time and money invested.

So far, I have gotten locked transactions for October and November, totalling $84.32

When I subtract out my $8.00 investment, I'm already getting about $16 per hour.
    I pay the same amount for hosting no matter how many domains I have, so there's no cost there.

I'm expecting to eventually earn $100 or more per hour for that little experiment. And maybe some day someone will come along and offer me cash for the domain, since it's making an income.

ABW Ambassador
    Very good point, Gearshopper. I just started the shoe program, but I'm not going to continue promoting Zappos after seeing this. A percentage of those returns will be replacements, and I don't see those on my stats.

Anyone have a better shoe merchant affiliate they'd be willing to recommend?

I know I whinge about it every month but at the same time I appreciate buying shoes online would have a high reversal rate but I like selling shoes

Maybe someone in the shoe trade can give us an idea of how the average online as opposed to a bricks and mortar.

I would be interested to know whether we get credited for returns/replacements if a customer wants another size or color....don't think I've ever seen a credit in the stats.
    Do they show up as sales again and the return shown as a reversal?

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

newb here, what happens on 10th and 11th at CJ?

quote:
    Originally posted by RedFish:
    newb here, what happens on 10th and 11th at CJ?

That's when the merchants hit the reversal button on all those sales you had the previous month, for many incredible but unbelievable reasons.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

mousejockey

My family has had a brick and mortar chain of shoe stores for almost 50 years now. Right now it's down to just one mom and pop that is run exclusively by my mom and pop. Their average refund rate is around 8%. I believe that buying shoes online is a very different scenario though. Many times you really have no idea what you're getting until it arrives.

I too have done well with Zappos although the reversal rate does suck sometimes. In december I had $1,048 in commissions reversed. Of 245 sales, 65 were reversed for an effective reversal rate of 26.5%, which is still below their stated average.

Whiznot

I really don't think you will find a better program than Zappos. I've used them all and I now almost exclusively send my traffic to Zappos. They have a great selection and convert well. (their EPC is about 4X better than the combined average of the other shoe sites I promote)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread