About the: "Old Thread Warning" feature...
    I think this is a good feature in order to prevent newbies from bumping old threads...
    Old Thread Warning
    This Thread is 40 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.
    I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.
    But, I think that the x amount of days is too short, also the way it's setup, sucks...

I was just making a reply post here: This doesn't make sense! (OneWayFurniture) - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum, and even tho the last post there is from "December 17th, 2010", (exactly 40 days ago), I had to retype the same post three times, because when I went to "Preview Post" without checking that Warning-box first, I lost what I had typed...

Then, I typed the post again and checked the Warning-box and went to "Preview Post" again, and see I saw that the post was OK, when I pressed the first Submit button just below the previewed post, I got the same "Old Thread Warning" page, and lost the post again...

Mansfield, TX
    I think it's set to 30 days, which I think is a reasonable balance, especially considering it's just a warning. It's rare that we need to bump anything that old. If we set it too high, we'll have newbies bumping a lot of 45, 60, 90, 120, 180 day old posts (depending on where we set it). As it is, we still get quite a few bumping 14-29 day old posts with useless responses.

I totally emphasize with losing posts when you Preview a response to an old thread. I actually did that for the first time yesterday. But I learned quick and only did it once. My connection can be a bit flaky at times, so I often Select All and Copy anything I type before I submit it, but I hadn't done it that time.

I think the mod is a third-party add-on, so I'm not sure if it can be changed so that the warning box isn't required to Preview and/or that the post contents can be saved. I'll ask, though.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Michael makes a good point. Anything long, I type in Word just to be safe.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread