apws.pl only displays the first page
    hello,

I have apws.pl dynamic for years and I am allposters.com affiliate under you. it used to work up to a few months ago. but now it is not working any more and the category links at the top although have different urls, they return to the first page. and there are no other pages but the first one.

Please tell me if I need to do anything. do I need a new key? or may be I need to update the apws.pl or...

Please help

thank you
    Last edited by 2busy; January 26th, 2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: removed URL

Best way to get help is by using the form at Script Support, that allows you to send full information.
    Good luck.

No response, is APWS.PL still supported?
    Hi,

Thank you for the tip. But APWS.pl is no longer listed on that page. and since no one is responding to the above, I'm begining to wonder if this is being supported anylonger?

Would anyone know?

I went to that link and had no trouble finding both the script and the support link. Here's the page with more specific information, it looks like a newer version of the script is available that might fix your problem. If you already are using the newer script, just proceed to the support page.

FYI (for other readers), I followed up with Robert and investigated the situation. Turns out his server's cgi environment was unusual and apws.pl was confused as to whether virtual directory was being used or not. I created a new beta version that does a consistency check and it worked fine on his server.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hays View Post
    hello,

I have apws.pl dynamic for years and I am allposters.com affiliate under you. it used to work up to a few months ago. but now it is not working any more and the category links at the top although have different urls, they return to the first page. and there are no other pages but the first one.

Please tell me if I need to do anything. do I need a new key? or may be I need to update the apws.pl or...

Please help

thank you
    I have the same problem ... APWS is totally down on all 3 of my websites. what is going on please? NONE of the catigories work. It only displays the front page. It's like allposters changed all their category paths so this script will no longer work. Can you help me please Cusimano?

This current problem is not the same as the one originally posted by Robert.

The AllPosters.com Web Services is returning the same results regardless of what category apws.pl asks for. The problem is at AllPosters.com. I have sent an email to AllPosters.com about the issue.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

AllPosters.com appears to have fixed the problem. The AllPosters.com Web Services is now returning different data for different categories.

Note: You should flush the cache. Run your FTP program and login, go into the cache sub-directory (e.g.: cgi-bin/apws/cache/) and delete all *.tmp files. If you do not have a "cache" sub-directory you should create it so that any repeat requests are handled faster.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Large Images displaying at huge size
    Since the problem with Allposters returning the same resutls regardless of category (now resolved), the product pictures displayed on my sites are too big (750 px on long side instead of 450 px) so are breaking the page and also appearing pixelated. This is when "img.large" is set to "yes" in the apws-ini.txt file.

Any help in getting the product pics to display at the correct size for large images would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Scotch

Thanks so much, very shortly after I poster this the problem was fixed, wow it was fixed fast thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotch196 View Post
    Since the problem with Allposters returning the same resutls regardless of category (now resolved), the product pictures displayed on my sites are too big (750 px on long side instead of 450 px) so are breaking the page and also appearing pixelated. This is when "img.large" is set to "yes" in the apws-ini.txt file.

Any help in getting the product pics to display at the correct size for large images would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Scotch
    AllPosters.com is now using large images that are up to 750 x 750 pixels.

To be able to shrink the large images, get the latest apws.pl beta version (apws-110213-beta.zip). Edit apws-ini.txt and change the img.large configuration variable from yes to a WIDTHxHEIGHT value, such as:

img.large 300x400

The above value will limit the large image's width to 300 pixels and the height to 400 pixels. You can use any limit values you want.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Thanks for the reply and solving the problem! Have specified images sizes and also grid to show only one column, so all working perfectly again.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread