Website Not Appearing In Results Anymore
    I'm pretty new to affiliate marketing, and I've come to a bump in the road. I created my first website about 3 weeks ago and started making back links and created pages on sites such as squidoo, hubpages, blogspot, wikispaces, blog.com, and webs.com promoting a product on one of my articles on my money-maker site. I put links on these pages to my money site and to the other like pages I had created. My website was coming up on the 6th page of Google results, which for only being in existence for a few weeks, I considered good progress. I created more sites on squidoo, hubpages, etc promoting one of my other products on another article on my money site, and after social bookmarking these new pages, (like I had for the pages I made promoting the first product) my money-maker site isn't coming up in the Google results at all (at least the first 25 pages) unless I specifically type in the title of my articles. Something to note, on most of those pages I made on squidoo, hubpages, blogspot, etc. I pretty much exclusively copied and pasted parts from my money site and used that as the content for these new pages linking to my articles. I recently read somewhere that having the same content on different sites may be considered spamming by search engines. I need some advice, PLEASE, on what exactly might be going on and how I can go about fixing this problem.

It would be purely speculative to assume that your linkbuilding campaign may or may not be a bit too aggressive, and that there may or may not be dupe content issues.

For a site that is that new, it is not unusual for it to drop in and out of the index a few times over the first few months. Wait it out and see what happens before you freak out and start trying to patch things that may not need to be patched.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mpnola View Post
    I'm pretty new to affiliate marketing, and I've come to a bump in the road. I created my first website about 3 weeks ago and started making back links and created pages on sites such as squidoo, hubpages, blogspot, wikispaces, blog.com, and webs.com promoting a product on one of my articles on my money-maker site. I put links on these pages to my money site and to the other like pages I had created. My website was coming up on the 6th page of Google results, which for only being in existence for a few weeks, I considered good progress. I created more sites on squidoo, hubpages, etc promoting one of my other products on another article on my money site, and after social bookmarking these new pages, (like I had for the pages I made promoting the first product) my money-maker site isn't coming up in the Google results at all (at least the first 25 pages) unless I specifically type in the title of my articles. Something to note, on most of those pages I made on squidoo, hubpages, blogspot, etc. I pretty much exclusively copied and pasted parts from my money site and used that as the content for these new pages linking to my articles. I recently read somewhere that having the same content on different sites may be considered spamming by search engines. I need some advice, PLEASE, on what exactly might be going on and how I can go about fixing this problem.
    You can do what I do. Pay the person who made the post above mine. He works for Google on the Algo. He gets (removed) of my earnings, not a bad deal. And he just gave some good advice also.

On a side note, I would not use the same content over and over again. Mix it up some, focus on some/target different keywords.
    Last edited by Trust; January 27th, 2011 at 02:07 AM. Reason: removed how much I pay him after threat of removing my sites from the index, sorry david, won't happen again

So should I just not do anything right now, or just keep buiding forum/blog links? Do you think google may see my sites as spam because of the duplicate content? And if i shouldn't do anything, for how long would I take the hiatus?
    Lastly, if those pages on squidoo, hubpages, etc may be appearing as spam, should I possibly just take them off the web?

Only Google can give you an answer to those questions. But don't listen to a single word that the Google people have to say about site indexing, ranking, and SEO techniques; it is their job to confuse you and frustrate you.
    Last edited by davidh; January 27th, 2011 at 04:38 PM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

you shouldn't worry much about any duplicate content penalty. the only thing is, when google sees duplicate content, it usually picks and displays only one version of the article. That's why it's better to rewrite and/or spin (ONLY if you do it manually or half-manually and end up with high quality spun versions of your articles).

And just keep creating quality backlinks on a day-to-day basis.

I would just stop everything and wait for few days see what happens. Keep checking on your site where is it in google, once it comes back work on your backlinks but don't do so many. Also the content: come up with new articles or at least rewrite them.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Google does what google does. In general, a new site get a not bad place in google and then the site usually drops back. After that it takes a while to get good placement. Best you can do is to carry on and do the right things. No matter what anyone tells you, if you do black bat techiques, eventually google will catch you and then there is no hope.

You also have to remember, that every once in a while for no reason a site can lose placement for a time. That time can be for a couple days, or weeks, or months. One of my sites that has top 10 placement for 100s of great terms now, had no placement for over two years.

Also it is a strange thing but when you have really good placement in yahoo, you usually have bad placement in google. It's strange but true.

I believe that the only your site is in existance does make it more likely to have better placement. Of course this means that the billions of sites created before yours does have a leg up. They are also doing SEO, and if a billion sites are up, where does it place yours. SEO is a marathon, not a sprint, which is good b/c sprints end quickly.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Hmm. Hard to say.

Have you chosen a keyword that has low competition and can beat the Top 10 results then optimized your pages for it?

Even if you chose a keyword that has less than 20,000 results in quotes, you still need to see if you can end up some where in the top ten.

You might want to focus on high PR sites like Ezine Articles for a bit, pointing to your money maker website. Try pulling traffic that way from your articles.

Dude its pretty usual that the newly indexed sites can give problem in the search engine result. but i think you should not use same contents in different sites its totally spamming. for this you may not get banned but the the SEO techniques will fail to work on your site. i have practically seen this problem. site having duplicate content may get good visitors but only from referral sites not from search engines.
    cheers

Alright. Thanks for replying so quickly. I haven't done anything in about 3-4 days. I still don't see my site in the google results, but I'm going to start building more back links (maybe 3-5 per day) and also reword some of the content on those other pages so there is no possibility of my sites appearing as spam.

Don't worry about off-page factors they don't affect your site rankings negatively.
    A site that new could definitely have some strange ranking fluctuations.
    Focus on:
    1. Long term results(keyword research, reputation, loyalty).
    2. Building your site for people(vs search engines, call to action, added value).
    3. On-page factors(crawl-ability, guidelines/standards, internal linking).
    Don't look at your SERPs for a few weeks and just work on the things above. You'll get the SERPs as a result of focused hard work.

I agree with the above post - don't even worry about your rankings for awhile. Instead of spending time checking that type of stuff, just focus on creating original, useful content and getting consistent links. Even though it doesn't take long to check your rankings, small chunks of time add up and that could be time spent making your site better/bigger, not just more analyzed. I would create a consistent linking strategy and not worry about rankings for at least a month or two. Good luck.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread