Why Why Why.....
    I have more than 500 Affiliates but working ratio is less than 2% why?
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

I"m guessing, while 2% might be low, its not that low. It goes along the lines of this:

Pareto principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ABW Ambassador
    Do you auto approve affiliates? Maybe a lot of your affiliates just sign up and then never bother putting up links (a lot of affiliates sign up, but never put up links for tons of merchants)

Try reaching out to your affiliates and let them know why they should be promoting you.

I agree with the 80/20 concept, but believe the ratio to be closer to 95/5 in our industry. I also agree with what Julian suggested. Then there are others who sign up, thinking it a good idea and just take a long time to build something or add a program to an existing site. Case, in point, and a real coincidence, we just had an affiliate make a "first sale." They had signed up five days after we opened our program in SAS back in October, 2009. It took 15 months, but they are finally "active" (at least with some clicks and one sale this month).

On the other hand we do have a higher percentage of "actives' in our main program because personal checks are very easy to sell (especially as a niche item). Our active affiliates are a much higher of a percentage than we ever imagined. However, one of our other programs is about the same as your 2% (but we haven't been promoting that at all because checks have become all-consuming ).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Offer to your affiliates something what others aren't. Bonuses, bigger commission, help them make more sales and your conversion will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Do you auto approve affiliates? Maybe a lot of your affiliates just sign up and then never bother putting up links (a lot of affiliates sign up, but never put up links for tons of merchants)

Try reaching out to your affiliates and let them know why they should be promoting you.
    Its not auto approve,I approve them by myself & there are many big names added in my Affiliate Program.The commission is also as per the industry level that starts from 15% & reach till 30%.We are associated with Shareasale as well.
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I agree with the 80/20 concept, but believe the ratio to be closer to 95/5 in our industry. I also agree with what Julian suggested. Then there are others who sign up, thinking it a good idea and just take a long time to build something or add a program to an existing site. Case, in point, and a real coincidence, we just had an affiliate make a "first sale." They had signed up five days after we opened our program in SAS back in October, 2009. It took 15 months, but they are finally "active" (at least with some clicks and one sale this month).

On the other hand we do have a higher percentage of "actives' in our main program because personal checks are very easy to sell (especially as a niche item). Our active affiliates are a much higher of a percentage than we ever imagined. However, one of our other programs is about the same as your 2% (but we haven't been promoting that at all because checks have become all-consuming ).
    Hmmmm.... I'm agreed with the reasons, that have been highlighted by you.May be most of the affiliates are not active. I shall wait for the improvements
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Johan81 View Post
    Offer to your affiliates something what others aren't. Bonuses, bigger commission, help them make more sales and your conversion will go up.
    I'm very lenient with my Affiliates, The Commission Cycle starts from 15% & if any Affiliate is performing well, I raise the Commission rate up to 30%.I provide all the Promotion Material.The structure is based on CPS for example;
    $5,000 - $15,000 20%($ 1,000), $15,001 - $30,000 25% ($ 3,750)More than $30,000 30% ($ 9,000).Kindly suggest me how can i improve it.
    [/COLOR]

yes 2% working is not so low. and you get 30% commission so it can't be low dude!!
    you may think that other people are getting more. yes they are cause they may using other unique ads.
    as described before, your offers must have to be catchy and unique too. i think if you increase the number of targeted visitors then the conversion rate will also be increased.
    so try it.
    cheers

Exclamation
    I would not worry about the 2% ratio if I were you, there is the age old rule that 95% will never do anything.

You must of course work with your affiliate, keep in contact contact, be contactable by as many means as possible and provide every possible tracking feature and marketing tool you possibly can.

You need to read about Activation Campaigns in the Merchant Best Practices forum.

Quote Originally Posted by maria jarel View Post
    The Commission Cycle starts from 15% ...
    $5,000 - $15,000 20%($ 1,000), $15,001 - $30,000 25% ($ 3,750)More than $30,000 30% ($ 9,000).Kindly suggest me how can i improve it.
    With less than 10 active affiliates, do you have ANY that even hit your first tier? With your product, those tiers sound unreasonably high to me. Unreachable tiers become a demotivational factor.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

"2% conversion rate with a commission of 30%" why are you telling this a low working? its pretty good.
    I think you should concentrate on increasing the number of site visitors. if you get more visitors then the conversion rate will also be increased and of course you have to make your offers more attractive.
    Thanks...
    Last edited by bestweblover08; January 28th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by maria jarel View Post
    I'm very lenient with my Affiliates, The Commission Cycle starts from 15% & if any Affiliate is performing well, I raise the Commission rate up to 30%.I provide all the Promotion Material.The structure is based on CPS for example;

What is the price point of the product and what is the product is it a real tangible product or a digital product? If you are allowed can you put you affiliate page here?

You can try boosting from that 2% by starting a contest and maybe by increasing the commission for a short time/ or for good.

Just do your evaluation, and try to anticipate results of boosting program..Test and you will learn..

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    make sure you aren't taking too long to approve affiliates. I know that when I get the approval months after applying I normally don't even remember where I was planning on promoting the merchant or how or perhaps I found another one with what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by BZ9.com View Post
    What is the price point of the product and what is the product is it a real tangible product or a digital product? If you are allowed can you put you affiliate page here?
    BZ9.com,
    You can check out the page,I have mentioned the link below.
    Logo and Design Affiliate Program by logoinn.com
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant View Post
    make sure you aren't taking too long to approve affiliates. I know that when I get the approval months after applying I normally don't even remember where I was planning on promoting the merchant or how or perhaps I found another one with what I was looking for.
    You are right,Affiliates shouldn't be await for a long time.I by myself approve the Affiliates on a daily basis.Thats not the issue at all
    [/COLOR]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Most programs I take over are at the 2% rate. Recruit, Activate, Optimize, easier said than done. Do you offer a VIP commission tier to super affiliates? Do you have exclusive coupons, exclusive offers, performance incentives, bonuses? It can take 3-6 months to get super affiliates active so make sure you are not spamming them. You will need to email them often with a focused subject line and well written email.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Sometimes just concentrating on the ones that are the most active in sales isn't always the answer. I take a look at the ones that are sending traffic also but have low/no sales and work with them to see how we can convert those clicks to sales.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread