We've talked Squidoo -- What about HubPages?
    I noted a recently reactivated thread about Squidoo lenses and link limits at Squidoo. I didn't want to derail or hijack that thread, so I'm starting this one about a similar service -- HubPages.

Anyone making any money writing HubPages? Getting any good link love via HubPages?

I used to hang around another forum where HubPages were really "in" and Squidoo not so much anymore, primarily because of the Squidoo lens link limits.

Who's on the road to Internet fame and riches via HubPages? Anyone??

Gary

OK, if not fame and riches, just a modicum of success via HubPages??
    Generate more fake news.

To me I see squidoo and hubpages as the same type of sites.

I don't use either but I should.

I know they provide good backlinks to your main site and lots of people use them for that reason.

ABW Ambassador
    I have a couple of old ones that never did good, but I never really put too much time into them, so probably more of me why they didn't rank. This month, I was checking some terms I was doing good with last year and I'm noticing them all over the place. And I've been seeing them when I check out different searches, some major ones. So as far as ranking/serps, they're doing fine in all the search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    To me I see squidoo and hubpages as the same type of sites.

I don't use either but I should.

I know they provide good backlinks to your main site and lots of people use them for that reason.
    Yep, they can be pretty handy, those things. You can earn money right on those pages. They count as backlinks to whatever you link too. They can be another "leg" a traffic source/funnel to whatever site you want. Like the one Squidoo lens I was talking about. Most of them are very niche and only get in the low 100's a week. One tho, big time traffic funnel to a site of mine. That one lens alone has made me a lot of money. It's worth trying out.
    Last edited by Trust; January 27th, 2011 at 09:35 AM.

Think I may have joined there at one time but never followed up on it. My recollection was ya had to sorta be an expert on somethin you wrote about and don't consider myself to be an expert on anything. lol so never did anything with it. Maybe will take another look at it. You don't have to be an expert at anything to make a Squidoo lens.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Think I may have joined there at one time but never followed up on it. My recollection was ya had to sorta be an expert on somethin you wrote about and don't consider myself to be an expert on anything. lol so never did anything with it. Maybe will take another look at it. You don't have to be an expert at anything to make a Squidoo lens.
    Your HubPages experience is exactly like mine: I signed up a few years back and never created a single page.

As for comparing them with Squidoo, that's pretty accurate -- except I don't think you need to any particular expert to create lenses OR hubpages. Let me share with you the best definition I ever heard of an expert: "Someone who lives more than 100 miles away from where they are doing the job or giving their advice."

Something like that. I think. Maybe need to find an expert to tell us for sure.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Like your definition.
    Got lots to catch up with my sites and umm Squidoo is kinda addictive with me. lol I get an idea for one, start it and it sits there til I finish it and the umm lottsa others that have been started and sittin there. Got couple blogs now too am trying to figure out how to get good at lol but the hubpages will get added to the list of things to do now, too. Will keep checking back to see how everybody's doin with them.

Used to publish my articles on Hubpages and stopped. Not 100% sure why though...
    Oh yeah, at one point they started to refuse duplicate articles, even well spinned ones if i'm not mistaking and, yeah, that bothers me. Especially as even Ezinearticles accepts duplicate content if it's clearly from the same author.

As far as hubpages goes I haven't opened up an account with them, but I should and I think I will. These two sites squidoo and hubs are good for backlinking and if you love to write articles you can make some decent money every month.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread