Outsourcing for Affiliates
    Moderator Note: Discussion split from Affiliate Earnings Poll

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    at least a few that I suspect are over $100k+ per month. (I'm not there yet.)
    Do you outsource tasks? 2011 is my year to get serious about outsourcing as a means to grow my business. I'm convinced that my inability to clone myself is hampering my growth. :-)
    Last edited by MichaelColey; January 31st, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    I'm convinced that my inability to clone myself is hampering my growth. :-)
    Now there is an ebook waiting to happen. "Learn to Clone Yourself" in three easy payments!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Do you outsource tasks? 2011 is my year to get serious about outsourcing as a means to grow my business. I'm convinced that my inability to clone myself is hampering my growth. :-)
    That's one area that I'm awful at. I'm too much of a perfectionist to trust anyone else to do things for me. The only exception is graphics work, because I'm awful at that. I've contemplated outsourcing in the past, but have never done (nor have I ever needed to do it). I'm a much bigger fan of automation than of outsourcing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I'm too much of a perfectionist to trust anyone else to do things for me. I'm a much bigger fan of automation than of outsourcing.
    Hope we aren't hijacking the thread, but...

Being a strong programmer, I too appreciate automation over outsourcing. The problem I experience is that automation can't simulate human language nor predict how a human is going to interact with the Internet.

I outsourced an important PPC task last year. It was very frustrating. I had to edit almost all of the work that I received. But... somewhere during that horrible experience, which I ended early, we came up with a new way of doing things that has made a very large amount of money.

So it could be that one of the advantages of outsourcing is working with people who think a little differently than yourself. You can take your talent and grow their "somewhat misguided" ideas into something meaningful. Heck, even explaining tasks to someone is a very valuable experience because it makes you take a serious look at your processes.

A friend of mine recently told me... You have to learn to structure your business around people who operate at a level that is 75% of your level. You need to think of it as if you are building a franchise, where you document your methodologies, such that at some point, your business can operate without you.

Of course one of the hard parts is figuring out how to profit and pay salaries, while bootstrapping. I've allocated all of last years profits (after my salary) to outsourcing this year. It's a real bummer to spend money that took a year to make, but hopefully, if I choose the tasks well, something significant will result. Also, I think this profit stems from work that happened during last years outsourcing :-).
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

yes outsourcing is good. there is a great chance to know the other peoples behavior, nature and other qualities. you can also get the opportunity to share your ideas and also to know what other people think about your business and yourself. its very important for a business.
    i don't know much about automation so can't compare between them.
    thanks

> * * * I outsourced an important PPC task last year. It was very frustrating. I had to edit almost all of the work that I received. But... somewhere during that horrible experience, which I ended early, we came up with a new way of doing things that has made a very large amount of money.

So it could be that one of the advantages of outsourcing is working with people who think a little differently than yourself. You can take your talent and grow their "somewhat misguided" ideas into something meaningful. Heck, even explaining tasks to someone is a very valuable experience because it makes you take a serious look at your processes. * * * <
    Excellent points, worth repeating.
    Last edited by markwelch; January 31st, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

isellstuff, are you using any particular company / resource, or finding freelance workers on your own?

Last year I used a company called TimeSvr, which I thought was excellent for the price -- it was something like $850 a month for a full-time dedicated assistant. I had them work on managing PPC and light copywriting.
    Your Ad Here.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja View Post
    isellstuff, are you using any particular company / resource, or finding freelance workers on your own?
    I'm trying out odesk right now. I haven't figured out the secret to getting a lot of applicants. I've got three contractors going right now, but their output is pretty slow. They are all part-time with day jobs and I only get between .5-2 hours a day of work from each of them.

Their quality of work varies. Just about all the people I've interviewed have been from 3rd world countries and their exposure to the Internet and concepts such as online shopping can be limited. I've already had to let one contractor go due to a lack of understanding of how to execute searches on Google.

I would say that the majority of the previous work I've seen from my applicants is, in some way, related to black hat SEO techniques. This is an issue because the workers have experience operating under a "low quality" bar.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar

Last year I used a company called TimeSvr, which I thought was excellent for the price -- it was something like $850 a month for a full-time dedicated assistant. I had them work on managing PPC and light copywriting.
    I've been using Fivver a bit for small things that I needed, how ever it can be very hit and miss, some of the work has been awesome , some..... has very much quantified the statement of "you get what you pay for"

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; February 2nd, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I like Fiverr too for it's simplicity, but I've only used it one time and was not happy with the results. It was for a quick graphic project. But hey it was $5 so what did I expect.

Any tips for separating the good from the bad on Fiverr?
    Your Ad Here.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I like Fiverr too for it's simplicity, but I've only used it one time and was not happy with the results. It was for a quick graphic project. But hey it was $5 so what did I expect.

Any tips for separating the good from the bad on Fiverr?
    I have found that if you use people with a lot of feedback from different users that the quality is usually much better. But overall it can be a matter of trial and error. For some items I'll ask 3-4 people to do the same task, put that down as a $20 research investment and then use the person with the best results from then on

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hey there

I was thinking about outsourcing some things. What places do you recommend? Except elance.com. I`m looking to find some good writers. Heard that guys from the Philipines and India are pretty good ...

Quote Originally Posted by rmichaels View Post
    Hey there

I was thinking about outsourcing some things. What places do you recommend? Except elance.com. I`m looking to find some good writers. Heard that guys from the Philipines and India are pretty good ...
    May be you can find good writer on Fiverr.com.
    There are many contractors who works at the outsourcing sites as a part time job and their writing skill is also appreciating. You can also assigned them in cheapest cost as the most of the workers are from third world countries where the $ exchange rate is higher.

I know about Fiverr.com ...

In the meantime I found another good site .. onlinejobs.ph

Thanks anyway.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread