Problems with catalogs?
    I've been noticing issues with receiving catalog updates beginning as of a couple of weeks ago.

It first started with one merchant from whom I receive updates nearly daily. One day they just stopped. After several days, I contacted the account manager who simply insisted everything was fine on his end and it must be a CJ issue and left it at that.

I contacted CJ through the site and instead of actually responding to the complaint, I was sent back a response that essentially treated me like I had no idea how to use the catalog system despite having used it with mostly zero problems (and any problems *were* on CJ's side) for nearly a year.

I have subsequently found another merchant whom I believe I should have gotten updates for since the last time it lists me as receiving the catalog, on January 12.

Am I alone in this? What can I do? I actually have site visitors who explicitly tell me that my catalog integration is one of their favorite things I do and it's a steady source of income, but now it's just dead for the most part.

not sure if this would help, but you might create a new export set and include that merchant. then check that directory to see if they send you an updated file. it seems like there was a similar problem with GAN feeds a few weeks ago and the solution was to rebuild the feed request. superCool can't find that thread now - sorry

good luck
    Last edited by superCool; January 31st, 2011 at 12:54 PM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Seems there were similar issues posted about datafeeds this month but not having luck finding them.

My problem is getting to many updates. One merchant is sending 9 or 10 a day sometimes. I asked cj support and they said the merchant in question was operating normally. I didn't dig too deep so maybe they started having "deal of the hour" or something.

I have cj sending me an email every time a feed is sent to my ftp, and there are a whole lot more emails every day these days.

well, for all i know, it's still this one merchant, although i don't seem to be getting as many updates across the board as I usually do.

i've tried both editing and deleting/re-creating the link, doesn't work. just sends me the database with no additional changes, which I think is the real issue.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread