Affiliate Manager
    Question Good examples of Banners?
    Hey there. I am a merchant with 1 product only. I read the best practices regarding having banners or ads. I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some good examples of these so I have an idea what I need to create.

I want to advertise my product or at least introduce my product here in this forum but don't want to do it until I have most things in place that you as affiliates will need to sell my product.

Thanks for any help you may send my way.
    Troy

The first thing I would do is check to see what your competitors (If you have any) are doing with their banners. otherwise I would check the other retailers for your industry to see what type of banners they are displaying.

Affiliate Manager
    thanks Bryce. Actually I'm not sure even if I do have competitors. I'll tell you slightly what I have so you can understand. I teach American Accent specifically for actors. I'm a highly sought after coach for Hollywood films and Television.

I only see on there American Accent for foreigners trying to learn to sound American. This is specifically for actors.

I'm not as interested with the content of the banners but rather the technical (size) and general practice. I.E. animated Gifs, Flash, jpeg etc

Thanks

http and a telephoto
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    Loxly. Yeah I read through and got lots of the dimensions. But I didn't see any examples. I just thought someone with experience might say something like "Yeah, this merchant had a good set of banners you can view them at www.here.com" That way I can just SEE what is being talked about.

I am capable regarding creating the banner but as I have never done this before I just want some visual confirmation.

Thanks,
    Troy

P.S. perhaps i have missed some links in that forum but they didn't seem obvious.

Affiliate Manager
    ok just went through and saw 1 link to some banners. It's a start.

But NOW i have another question.

I was reading about the affiliate who looks for certain types of banners. He said:
    1. 120x600 banner that takes a visitor/shopper to merchant.com
    2. 120x600 banner of the latest promotion/coupon that takes visitor/shopper to merchant.com/coupon-or-promotion-landing-page

Now my question is do I create banners with links on them? I have my one product on click bank and my understanding is that you would download the banner and set it up with your CB code on your site. That wouldn't work if I have a page with links to the product page. Are banners just images you use or else where do they need to be linked in a particular way?

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by tmackinder; February 1st, 2011 at 07:09 PM.

http and a telephoto
    The landing page link is never ON the banner, it is in the tracking code you create when the banner is loaded in the network or your in-house tracking.

What you put on your banners visually is up to you and what your message is. Just stay away from the things mentioned in that thread like urls and phone numbers.
    Last edited by loxly; February 1st, 2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added a line
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    Are the banners still useful for affiliates as just images (no coding). I'm just trying to help affiliates ... but I don't have any network or tracking code at the moment.

http and a telephoto
    If there isn't any affiliate tracking there is no use for banners.

If you just want to look at a lot of banners, visit this thread: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141220 it is a spectacular variety of banners. Maybe one or two might inspire you. As Loxly said, without a network and tracking they are pretty useless.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread