The Blonde in the Blizzard
    It was snowing heavily and blowing to the point that visibility was almost zero when the little blonde got off work. She made her way to her car and wondered how she was going to make it home. She sat in her car while it warmed up and thought about her situation.

The blonde finally remembered her daddy’s advice that if she got caught in a blizzard she should wait for a snow plow to come by and follow it. That way she would not get stuck in a snow drift. This made her feel much better and sure enough in a little while a snow plow went by and she started to follow it.

As she followed the snow plow, she was feeling very smug as they continued and she was not having any problem with the blizzard conditions.

After quite some time had passed, the blonde was somewhat surprised when the snow plow stopped and the driver got out and came back to her car and signaled for her to roll down her window. The driver wanted to know if she was all right as she had been following him for quite a long time.

The blonde said that she was fine and told him of her daddy’s advice to follow a snow plow when caught in a blizzard.

The driver replied, “Well that’s just fine honey, and you can keep it up if you want. I’m done here with the K-Mart parking lot and I gotta go cross the way to Sam’s Club next...”
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yup. We got a blizzard here in the Ozarks. First actual blizzard warning issued in the 30+ years we've lived here.

Now if I have to get out in it, I'll know to look for a snow plow -- but perhaps let it pass if I see a blonde driving behind it ...

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I clicked on this thread to read it because I thought that it might be about me. LOL

Ice and snow for us here tonight. They are warning everyone about power outages, but I am prepared!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

We've been in the 60s and 70s most of the past week, but the temperature plummeted last night and we got freezing rain and snow. It never broke 20 today and isn't supposed to get above freezing until Friday. That's nothing compared to most of you, but pretty cold for here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    We've been in the 60s and 70s most of the past week, but the temperature plummeted last night and we got freezing rain and snow. It never broke 20 today and isn't supposed to get above freezing until Friday. That's nothing compared to most of you, but pretty cold for here.
    Been out winterizing homes all day...

Wind chill here in Katy is in the 20's.

Your " Local Hard Working SprinklerGuy " is freezing his buttocks off, but the money is warm in my pocket.

Tomorrow should be interesting, with pipes bursting everywhere..

Cha-Ching -
    Last edited by RemodelingGuy; February 1st, 2011 at 09:08 PM.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms View Post
    I clicked on this thread to read it because I thought that it might be about me. LOL

Ice and snow for us here tonight. They are warning everyone about power outages, but I am prepared!
    We ended up with about an inch of freezing rain/mostly sleet mixture first, then the storm laid down about 8 inches of good old snow on top of that. Biggest issues for us are winds and serious arctic cold air whipping in from the northwest. (I live in Springfield, Missouri.)

As far as "prepared" for power outages -- you have a generator? fireplace? both? We had a serious ice storm here in January 2007 that left the entire city (almost entire) with no power for anything from 3 days to 18 days. That was one of the most horrible experiences I've ever gone through regarding winter weather. Ugh!

So we were all thankful here today to find out that only ONE resident in the entire city was reported out of power, and that was restored within half an hour. Music to our collective ears! (NOTE: Wouldn't want to suffer the embarrassment of being that one and only power outage.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    e northwest. (I live in Springfield, Missouri.)

As far as "prepared" for power outages -- you have a generator? fireplace? both?
    We do! And plenty of candles and flashlights and batteries and even meals that I can make in the crockpot plugged into the generator. I was totally prepared and then the whole thing just fizzled!! Better safe than sorry, I guess.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

A bunch of our guys in Chicago lost power and internet *gasp*...we've got about two feet piled up in front of our doors, so kind of restricted inside, but not too bad at all. I'm definitely getting a ton of catch up work done!

Our power has been off and on today (mandated rolling blackouts in Texas) and my ISP has been awful the past couple days. I'm spending most of my time waiting for things to load or the power to come back on.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Lol
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread