MSN AdCenter Site Disabled ?!?!
    hello all,

i found out on monday that my adcenter account was disabled. i didn't get a call, or an email. i had to find out on my own when i emailed my rep. great service, huh?

i have been advertising with them for over 5 years now, yahoo even longer. i spend quite a bit with the company.

all they are telling me is, my account is disabled because of "AdCenterís Quality Based Rankings system". they are saying something along the lines of that my site is bidding on keywords not related to my website. without getting into too much details...its a dopey reason. i've been in the ppc game for a long time. i know how to create ads, and find the right keywords to bid on. certainly i'm not going to bid on keywords unrelated to what i sell. how would i make money that way?

right now i am just waiting for a response from MSN. they don't specifically know why my account is disabled. i don't even know if they will work with me to get the account restored.

I just want to know: has this happened to anyone before? if so, what came of it?

its only been about 24 hours, but at this point i just feel like telling msn to take my account and shove it. i will be more then happy to take what i spend with them and send it Googles way.

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by cowboysfan View Post

its only been about 24 hours, but at this point i just feel like telling msn to take my account and shove it. i will be more then happy to take what i spend with them and send it Googles way.

thanks,
    I would give them a chance. I have seen the new AdCenter make mistakes and then admit and repair. Way more compassion than their large competitor.

I hope you're right John. I suppose when you hear the horror stories about their competitor, you fear the worst in this industry.

i hope they make right of this situation. i will post here if and when they do. in the meantime, if anyone has had a similar experience, please let me know. not knowing what is going to happen to my account is killing me.

I noticed that the adcenter forum on webmasterworld has a few stories about suspensions for quality issues, such as too many ads on landing pages. (adsense, CPM ads, etc)

I've had my adcenter accounts paused a few times, but they were all caused by adcenter or yahoo bugs.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    I noticed that the adcenter forum on webmasterworld has a few stories about suspensions for quality issues, such as too many ads on landing pages. (adsense, CPM ads, etc)

I've had my adcenter accounts paused a few times, but they were all caused by adcenter or yahoo bugs.
    yeah its a cause. having too many ads in the landing page can create problem.

hello, cowboysfan. i will suggest you to contact with them and knock them every time. i have seen one of my friend facing almost this type of problem. his account was also banned but he tried and mailed them several time. just to know clearly what was his fault but they can't even tell him clearly. after 2 weeks they told him to remove other companies ads.
    just a joke. nothing else.
    NB: he was working with them for more than 1 years. geot3/4 payments too.
    so don't step behind and knock them. it will be alright
    cheers

well, my issue was resolved... i think. my account is running again, although they don't know why it was blocked in the first place. basically, a filter was triggered and my account was disabled from showing any ads at all. i knew this was strange, because i've been doing ppc for years now, and i promote my sites within the rules.

i suppose i got real nervous because you read about the horror stories with google. they just terminate accounts for no reason and with no explaination. i felt like the same was happening to me at MSN. looks to me i was mistaken.

my only complaint is i feel that issues like this one should be resolved within an hour, not 48 hours. in the end though, it looks like they got it right. admittedly the people i work with at msn has always been pretty deligent. looks like for the time being i can go back to sleeping 7 hours a night

ABW Ambassador
    well, my issue was resolved... i think. my account is running again, although they don't know why it was blocked in the first place. basically, a filter was triggered and my account was disabled from showing any ads at all. i knew this was strange, because i've been doing ppc for years now, and i promote my sites within the rules.

i suppose i got real nervous because you read about the horror stories with google. they just terminate accounts for no reason and with no explaination. i felt like the same was happening to me at MSN. looks to me i was mistaken.

my only complaint is i feel that issues like this one should be resolved within an hour, not 48 hours. in the end though, it looks like they got it right. admittedly the people i work with at msn has always been pretty deligent. looks like for the time being i can go back to sleeping 7 hours a night
    Good you got it solved. I've actually talked them a couple of times on the phone. First, I was happy to even get a real human, then they were very helpful. Surprisingly nice. Over the holidays, I had a campaign where I set the amount per month too low and I noticed my traffic stopped. This was early in the morning. And that campaign was just rolling. I upped it but it says it usually doesn't take until the next day. I called them up, they checked it out and got it going again almost immediately.

Finally, you are happy you got the problem solved from adcenter. For me it was very hard to get reactivated my account with them even after a series of emails. Now I have chosen a new PPC network which is trouble free I hope.
    Last edited by 2busy; February 3rd, 2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: closed the quote tag to make it work

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread