Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Monthly LinkShare Affiliate Promotions Threads?
    Hello all;
    I am new to this forum as all of my previous programs are run on SAS but will be taking on Great Skin.

My question is; in the SAS forum you have

Sticky: ShareASale Affiliate Promotions: February

Why does this forum not have the same?

Thanks
    Last edited by Richard - AMWSO; February 2nd, 2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hi Richard, SAS actively moderates their forum and has for years. LS doesn't. You could ask Coley if you could offer it.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    No reason why you don't start one off every month Richard It's all value add!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

AMWSO can start an affiliate promotions thread in the AMWSO sub-forum, but LinkShare really needs to be involved if there's going to be one here in their forum. Promotional activity in paid sub-forums needs to be from the sub-forum owner, or in a thread specifically created for the promotion.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

SAS actively moderates their forum and has for years. LS doesn't.
    That's not a very fair thing to say. Whether they "moderate" the LS forum may be a semantic technicality, but Ranae from Linkshare has been here for quite some time, and has always been responsive to affiliate's questions or concerns. IMO the same cannot be said for Shareasale; they're quick to act on issues that they'll get backpatted for addressing, while ignoring or summarily dismissing issues that they don't feel like dealing with.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Davidh,

What Chuck was saying is that any promotional content would need to be approved by the forum owner in this case, Linkshare. Since they they haven't actively moderated or edited this forum in the past vs Brian et co in the SAS forum, then they would have to ask MC for permission for the promo.

That said, I do agree with the meaning in your post.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    AMWSO can start an affiliate promotions thread in the AMWSO sub-forum, but LinkShare really needs to be involved if there's going to be one here in their forum. Promotional activity in paid sub-forums needs to be from the sub-forum owner, or in a thread specifically created for the promotion.
    The point was to have a thread specifically created for the promotion of all LS Merchant offers, not just AMWSO ones
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    To clarify the forum owner is iNet and LS does not have moderator rights over this forum just as a contributor. SAS has control over their forum and has been an active member here although that has dropped off. The LS forum acts as a place for members to post comments/complaints about the network. I may have crossed the line in suggesting that Richard start posting LS merchant deals here, that is entirely an iNet decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    To clarify the forum owner is iNet and LS does not have moderator rights over this forum just as a contributor. SAS has control over their forum and has been an active member here although that has dropped off. The LS forum acts as a place for members to post comments/complaints about the network.
    If it's not LS moderated or run then all the more reason for it to be member run! I'm with Chuck on this one.

OK;
    so whats the final say? I would like to start a thread for ALL merchants to post their deals/bonus for all affiliates that visit here.

It is a usefull for the affiliates and for the merchants. If LS does not monitor the thread....

this benefits everyone. :-)
    Michael over to you...
    Last edited by Richard - AMWSO; February 2nd, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I've mailed the LS mod here to get some resolution

Thanks,
    I pm'd Michael last week and he said he would also ask them ( this was last friday)

Hope they allow and see no reason whey they wouldn't
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

ABW Ambassador
    There's also a universal one every month - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141292

Got a reply last night and LS are reviewing and will let us know shortly.

cool,

as to the thread above , it's not for bonus's for affiliates as the sas thread and what i want to do on LS plus i wonder how many people ever find this thread.
    Last edited by Richard - AMWSO; February 9th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

LS sends emails about Advertiser promotions / offers
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO View Post
    The point was to have a thread specifically created for the promotion of all LS Merchant offers, not just AMWSO ones
    I'm an LS Publisher and I believe this would be redundant, because LS sends emails out to the Publishers, about special offers. So, IMHO, I believe that would be redundant and clog up this forum.

However, if it was for offers that are *only* offered by Advertisers to ABW members, possibly there could be a sub forum for that.

My advertisers send emails, about special promotions. I pay special attention to those of the advertisers I promote the heaviest. They do not send emails frequently.

Recently, I dropped one advertiser, because their AM began sending weekly messages. IMHO, the advertisers need to realize that sending frequent messages can be a double edge sword.

Right, the other thread is for CONSUMER focused promotions (coupons and sales). The one suggested here (and the similar thread in the SAS forum that inspired this request) is for AFFILIATE focused promotions (activation, increased commissions, bonuses, etc.).

It may be duplication to some, but I think it would provide value to many.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    I'm an LS Publisher and I believe this would be redundant, because LS sends emails out to the Publishers, about special offers. So, IMHO, I believe that would be redundant and clog up this forum.

Sure they do, I bet the open rate is under 1% as it becomes one of the hundred of emails affiliates get every day. Forums allow easy access to the info on a "when I want it basis" and it doesn't accidentally get deleted or trashed

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO View Post
    Sure they do, I bet the open rate is under 1% as it becomes one of the hundred of emails affiliates get every day. Forums allow easy access to the info on a "when I want it basis" and it doesn't accidentally get deleted or trashed

Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Affiliate Network Rep Adam Weiss's Avatar
    Hi everyone -
    This is a great idea and something I think we can support. We're regrouping internally and would like to provide you all with updates on Affiliate promotions as requested. We hope to get this going shortly.
    Thanks,
    Adam
    Adam Weiss
    Vice President, Network Development
    LinkShare

Great thanks for the update Adam !

Adam;
    so does this mean i can start a thread for affiliate promotions? Or you all will?
    Thanks
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Think this is a great idea, too. As somebody who gets a ton of email this would be a big help. I probably may do this differently from others but keep files with the different categories that are on my sites for my email and as they come and I recognize who they are they go in those files til I can read them. A lot of times an email isn't easily recognized so just stays in the inbox moving down the list til I get more time to see who sent it.

While I'm editing a page and looking for a particular merchant, would be a lot easier to just open another window and look here quickly at times. May sound crazy to any of you who don't have a whole lotta merchants but I have a hard time just trying to remember which network a lot of my merchants are at or which of their programs I'm in. (meaning having to log into the various networks and making a search)

Hope this does happen and believe it would be helpful to others, too.

Think Ranae does a great job here, too.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Thanks for the recognition purplebear,

We should have at least the February thread started before the end of this week.

--Ranae
    Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; February 14th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.

You are very welcome Ranae. Look forward to the thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast