Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where is the best spot to locate potential affiliates? I have seen some affiliate directories, and other forums, but I was wondering if there was an untapped resource for finding powerful affiliates? Please let me know.
    <a href="http://www.adworkz.com/">Adworkz</a>
    Professional PPC Management and SEO Services
    www.adworkz.com

http and a telephoto
    Buy an announcement here at ABW in the new programs forum
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Markethoster,

You're soaking in it...
    Palmolive Madge

Regards,
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Affiliate Manager
    LOL, Mr. Hanna, was about to say the same thing...though I would have lacked the clever reference!

You know what they say.....

Ok...I probably will buy an ad in the new program page here. But, to be more specific, I am looking to narrow down the demographic of potential affiliates, so that they have a high percentage of sales. My affiliate program is for web hosting, which combines an affiliate program with it, in that hosting costs $20, and affiliates earn $10 per referred client, residually. Now, I am looking to locate affiliates who might not cater to a general "hosting" audience, (although that is ok too), but to a specific audience of people who are interested in starting an online business, and who need hosting. I know that this is very specific, but I would love some input about how I might go about locating this type of affiliate. And, I will put in a ad on this forum, because I have been reading some very positive things. Thank you in advance!
    Evan Ernst
    (edited out manual sig)
    Last edited by loxly; August 6th, 2006 at 11:24 PM. Reason: manual sig
    www.adworkz.com

Have you considered recruiting web development firms, bundling with commerce providers, and so on? Other companies who provide services to web merchants seem like your best bet.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

search google for your product and contact the website owners within the first affiliate results.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    You should first check what your competition pays.

All of the webhosting companies I promote pay $50 and $60 per sale - even if someone only lasts a month at $8.95!

This offer appeals to me considerably more so than the standard $50-$60 upfront hosting affiliate programs. I like the idea of earning a residual income rather than a limited one time payment. This way there is no limit. With standard upfront payments the limit has already been set for you. I'd take the opportunity for a limitless residual commission structure over a limited upfront payment any day.

Plus after reading over the markethoster.com site, he's not directly competing with the standard hosting companies anyways. He's targeted toward online businesses and making money online. So in that regard, there aren't any competitors with a similar niche audience and associated affiliate system.

Sounds promising, I'll definately be giving Evan's program a try.

in the event he's not going to develop an indy program he might want to ask some other questions regarding the networks and our experiences with them. (shhhhh until he does)

Sounds good - 50% residual income is very generous. However, the site has got a Google PR of zero. Why is that?

We've dealt with too many affiliate merchants over the last 7 years who start off with the best of intentions and then let their affiliate program deteriorate. Often they'll get rid of the residual element at the drop of a hat.

ABW Ambassador
    Give commissions of at least 10%
    Refuse to have anything to do with parasites. Don't accept any affiliate that overwrites links or pops up on your site or other affiliates' sites, into your program.
    Make sure you pay on time.
    Give return days of at least 45 or more if possible.
    Then you don't have to look for them. They'll find you.
    Link up with AMs who affiliates trust. Catalyst, Chris (WSO) to name a few.

ABW Ambassador
    &gt;Then you don't have to look for them. They'll find you.

And it can take months to get on their to do list.

Patience is a virtue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>in the event he's not going to develop an indy program he might want to ask some other questions regarding the networks and our experiences with them. (shhhhh until he does) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I am not sure what a indy program is...and, tell me about networks and your experience with them.
    Well Nadeem,
    As you may have researched, my site/company is fairly new. We have only gone live in the past few weeks. Let me assure you. We have no intention of getting rid of our residual affiliate system. Since the very beginning of planning, we wanted to create a residual profit system, where our clients could refer 2 other people, and not have to pay for hosting. It is kind of the, "spread the word" ... "tell a friend" type of thing, that actually helps the client out. We rely on our affiliates to bring our business...which is why I concerate most of my efforts recruiting affiliates, instead of clients. In fact, we are looking into adding a residual 2nd tier, where the affiliate would get paid a residual $1 every month for each client that their affiliates sign up. To my knowledge, this hasnt been done before, quite like that.
    www.adworkz.com

Do you think that the second tier residual idea is good? Does anyone know if someone is doing that already, or am I the first?
    www.adworkz.com

Indy = independent program, not in the clutches of the networks. you have more control, but there are pros and cons with it.

with the networks we seem to be running into other kinds of "cons," also, with their terms of service loose enough that their terms of service can allow suspicious activity in the market. Some of their "super affiliates" are ripping us off occasionally. many postings on this subject throughout this forum and others.

please also see parasite forum below.

Does anyone have any input on the residual second tier idea? What might be the pros and cons?
    www.adworkz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I'm quite sceptical about the 2nd tier programs. Seems that the only commissions I get are from the sales I make. Those that signed up under me don't seem to make a single sale.

From an affiliates point of view, I figure other marketers are going to check out my merchants just because it looks like they are worth promoting. If the merchant is two tier and they sign up under me, there is a chance I will make money from this competition. So far this year it has paid a couple thousand dollars. There will always be competitors so I look for ways to make money with them. Kind of like joint ventures.

Ray

http and a telephoto
    I get residual income off of a couple of 2 tier programs. I like the 2 tier model.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I agree that not all two-tiers programs are worth promoting and there are some awful ones out there. But we make a lot of money through two-tier programs (see sig.). If you refer webmasters and then earn 10% of what they earn, the amount can really build up.

Of course, you have to work at it. It's not just a matter of getting people signed-up. You have to be there for them and help them get going. I often spend hours helping my 'downline', but can be worth it in the long-run.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't promote programs for the 2-tierness of them, figuring that time spent getting sales (and therefore, 100% of the commission for the sale) better spent than any time devoted to trying to get 5% overrides. It'd take 20 signups, all doing as well as me, just to break even with what I could do if I spent my time selling the stuff myself!

If someone buys a $100 item at 10%, through my link, I get $10. But if someone buys the same thing through a 2-tier (and I get 5% of their commish), I get a whopping 50c! So the question is, do I want $10/sale--all mine, or another competitor + 50 stinkin' cents.

No contest. My efforts go to sales, not recruiting, and 2-tier signups, when they occur, are merely incidental.

That said, it's nice to know that if somebody signs up under me, I'll get a bonus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Of course, you have to work at it. It's not just a matter of getting people signed-up. You have to be there for them and help them get going. I often spend hours helping my 'downline', <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And don't forget keeping them motivated if they end up on the bottom of the engines!

After training my mother, I can say that it's a H*LL of a lot more work than making the sales myself. Those hours, if spent putting up pages with MY tracking code in them, would have been worth a lot more, financially speaking.

That's not something I'd do for anyone else at ANY price, much less a puny override fee. The very thought of doing it TWENTY TIMES (or, in the case of a 10% override, TEN times) just to make what I can by selling as a 1st-tier, is horrific!

That said, it's still nice when a program has a 2nd tier, just because it makes it possible to get a bonus every now and then. Since I concentrate on *selling* and not recruiting, it's not a common event for to get a payout from a "stranger's" sales activity--but it does happen every so often.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

yea...that makes sense. But, I am thinking of adding a RESIDUAL second tier. right now, we pay affiliates $10 residually, for every client they refer. But, we are talking about adding a residual tier, where the second tier affiliate would make a RESIDUAL $1 for each client that their affiliates referrs. Does that make sense? Please let me know if there is something out there like this. Thanks!
    www.adworkz.com

Anyone?
    www.adworkz.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast