National Groupon...Starts Tomorrow!
    Just sent out a newsletter, because tomorrow starting at 3p central, we're going to be running a Groupon for a national book retailer... valid at all their U.S. stores, as well as on purchases made online or via ebook. Here are the deets:

Deal
    $10 for $20 on all purchases at this national book store
    Dates
    Thursday, February 2 at 12p central, through Monday, February 6, 12p central.
    Landing Page
    in order to use this link, you MUST replace CJPID with your own CJPID
    http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-CJPID-10769819

(As one of my dear, noble friends would say, "Shut the barn door, it's cold outside!")

If you are using one of our dynamic banners, the landing page and graphic will update automatically as soon as the deal is live. You can grab links to these banners here.

Have fun!
    Last edited by CTanK; February 2nd, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Awesome! Books are even better than cheese.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hmm...that's a toss-up depending on my mood

Okay, we went live a little early

$10 for $20 Worth of Toys and Games, Books and More at Barnes & Noble

This is good online, offline, and on purchases made via eBook. It is also good on sale items.

Here's an affiliate link for you, don't forget to plug in your PID!
    HTML Code:
    http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-CJPID-10769819

AWESOME! Thanks!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

[Feel free to split this out if it's unrelated or if you feel it should be a separate topic.]

I've noticed that Groupon has temporarily disabled login since about the time this national deal started. To order, you have to enter your full information, rather than just being able to log in.

I'm not sure how other customers feel about this, but this one is annoyed. Yeah, I still did it, because I really wanted the B&N coupon (and I want another Groupon this morning <G>), but it's annoying and I can't help but believe that some loss of sales will result. #FAIL

Any idea how much longer this "no login" will continue?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, it sucks the way they have it. But you login thru the merchant url - https://merchants.groupon.com/login?

Yep, I'm rather irked as well...looks like they made an executive decision to do that instead of risking the site going down. Clearly our transaction process during heavy load periods needs work, we're definitely aware of that.

The worst part about the disabling of logins for me is that I can't use my Groupon credit! Even now that the login functionality is back up, it still won't use my credit and wants me to enter all of my information, so I still can't use my credit. Any workarounds?

On a positive note, thanks for giving us affiliates an early shot at promoting this Groupon. It worked EXTREMELY well for us and we beat our site traffic and click-through records. I hope it worked as well for Groupon as it did for us. Please consider doing this again in the future.

-Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsonke View Post
    The worst part about the disabling of logins for me is that I can't use my Groupon credit! Even now that the login functionality is back up, it still won't use my credit and wants me to enter all of my information, so I still can't use my credit. Any workarounds?
    I would definitely contact customer service about this! Support@groupon.com They can fix that for you

ABW Ambassador
    BN is getting nailed on this one, might be some bad PR coming. Apparently people are able to use multiple groupons and such, stories of getting Nooks at half off etc.

Mine worked out fine, fed my new blu ray addiction.

These groupons have to stop or I am going to have to open a Groupons Anonymous group... I am getting addicted, lolol!
    *speaking from the consumer site, not the affiliate side....
    Last edited by Anne; February 6th, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    BN is getting nailed on this one, might be some bad PR coming. Apparently people are able to use multiple groupons and such, stories of getting Nooks at half off etc.

Mine worked out fine, fed my new blu ray addiction.
    I heard that too, blows my mind that B&N said we could only sell one per user, but then went ahead and allowed consumers to stack... I'm still wondering if they're letting people use them to pre-purchase Star Wars on blue-ray! Because if so, holy good deal.

Anne...I know that addiction. It's worse if you work for Groupon, because you really do see them every, single day in and day out and you can't resist buying them. And, there's no employee discount, lol!

The reason why they can stack is because the groupons are actually egift cards with a 16 digit number and a 4 digit pin.

Yes, I read people have been using multiples on pre-orders of Star Wars blu-rays, and using 13 of them to purchase Nook Colors for half-off.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    [Feel free to split this out if it's unrelated or if you feel it should be a separate topic.]

I've noticed that Groupon has temporarily disabled login since about the time this national deal started. To order, you have to enter your full information, rather than just being able to log in.

I'm not sure how other customers feel about this, but this one is annoyed. Yeah, I still did it, because I really wanted the B&N coupon (and I want another Groupon this morning <G>), but it's annoying and I can't help but believe that some loss of sales will result. #FAIL

Any idea how much longer this "no login" will continue?
    Quote Originally Posted by CTanK View Post
    Yep, I'm rather irked as well...looks like they made an executive decision to do that instead of risking the site going down. Clearly our transaction process during heavy load periods needs work, we're definitely aware of that.
    Still not addressed. Big national deal going on right now, and it's making me fill out all of my information instead of just logging in. Grrr.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Actually...that deal wasn't meant for public distribution, it was a direct partnership. We couldn't avoid affiliates picking it up and promoting it on their own though, and we are paying commission on those sales.

But that's why it's set up the way it is, and that's also why we did not send out a newsletter, post in the forum, or shout it from the treetops. Trust me, I wish I could've.
    Last edited by CTanK; March 31st, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
    best,
    Carolyn Tang Kmet
    AllInclusiveMarketing.com
    carolyn-at-allinclusivemarketing.com

Quote Originally Posted by CTanK View Post
    Actually...that deal wasn't meant for public distribution, it was a direct partnership.
    Whew, thanks for that clarification. I spent an hour last night after I saw it in Coleys' facebook stream trying to figure out where it came from. Looked for it in a newsletter, banner, posts from Julie... everywhere I could think of to look, drove me crazy!
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01 View Post
    Whew, thanks for that clarification. I spent an hour last night after I saw it in Coleys' facebook stream trying to figure out where it came from. Looked for it in a newsletter, banner, posts from Julie... everywhere I could think of to look, drove me crazy!
    I got a newsletter from eBay about it late yesterday evening. I didn't have time to look for anything official on it yesterday - I just figured I missed it. I used the handy dandy link generator to build an affiliate link and just posted it on Facebook.

Glad to hear I didn't goof by promoting it.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; March 31st, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

19. Thanks From:

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread