Newport News Program Terminated
    NN terminated as of 2/3/11 -- has anyone heard if they have gone to another network?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Call their customer service number and ask to speak with marketing. Usually marketing will take a call and you can talk to someone.

As of now they have not gone to any other network. I heard it will take at least one month time to finalize on the issue. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tlemke View Post
    NN terminated as of 2/3/11 -- has anyone heard if they have gone to another network?
    Let me see if I understand this correctly. They gave 24 hours notice of termination and you want to follow them to another network? Make me understand!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

the Signature Styles affiliate program included Spiegel, Newport News, and ShapeFX.

If I pick them up again it'll depend on where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    the Signature Styles affiliate program included Spiegel, Newport News, and ShapeFX.

If I pick them up again it'll depend on where they go.
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Let me see if I understand this correctly. They gave 24 hours notice of termination and you want to follow them to another network? Make me understand!

-rematt
    My confusion continues, there's actually an IF? Were they so lucrative that it makes senses to overlook that fact that they care so little about their affiliates? PLEASE, make me understand!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Lightbulb
    please note I didn't say "when."

Would like to know what happened. Maybe Google is not as friendly as we think.

Their merchants mesh well with one of my sites. Would like to see them in certain other networks. GAN is too clunky for me, anyway.

Agree that GAN keeps cutting tech resources and did another round of layoffs.

Fortunately I'm down to my last 2 merchants on GAN and after Valentine's Day I'll likely cut them loose also. I'm not sure what I expected when Google took over Performics, but I certainly didn't expect them to get worse. Their interface isn't just "clunky", at times it's totally unusable. Trying to get creatives is almost impossible when the pages either error out or the banners aren't displayed.

It's possible that the merchant's experience is equally as poor as the affiliate experience, however, I can't believe that a merchant would make a decision in a single day to close their program. Certainly more notice could have been given to affiliates.

-rematt

10. Thanks From:

I've had two GAN programs since striking out on my own and eight when I worked for an agency. Of the two now, one is getting shut down and the other is growing. I will outline each.

The program we are shutting down has had issues with source referrers being killed in the redirect by affiliates. The source referrer is keep to how the sale is credited by the distribution house. The program started to grow in fits and starts but every time we opened a new channel (coupons, paid search) the merchant decided to shut it down. That was not the fault if the network. The tracking issues was the deciding issues.

The other program is a second network for an outdoor gear merchant. It has been successful because GAN offered image product ads via the network for the last 14 months but ended Jan 31. The merchant took that inhouse and we were able to grow the program in the last six months on GAN by targeting the non-niche (content) affiliates. Those we pushed to AvantLink which is focused on outdoor affiliates. We get good sign-up rates on GAN and have no issues with duplicate commissions.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I don't know if anyone cares anymore, but Newport News and the rest went to linkshare.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread