How much do i need to be an affiliate
    I have a website where i promote produts for companies as an affiliate. I'm getting fustrated because i'm really getting nada from it simply because my website lacks traffic. I'm thinking of launching an ad program with google and other ad programs and link directly to my affiliate and not to my website. I've seen people doing it. I hope it's not illegal. Anyways i want to know how much i need to put into advertisement to be succesfull.

Ads like AdWords from Google are called PPC. It is easy to go broke if you don't do a lot of research before you start. If it was illegal you would not see GoogleAds all over the place, but it very well might be against the terms of some of the merchants that you have signed up with. No one can tell you how much you have to put into PPC campaigns to see success, that is why you need to research the terms and merchants that you want to advertise for. Most of them require you to send the traffic to your site first and if your landing page is not heavily optimized for the keywords that you are bidding on, it will cost you much more money for each click. If you bid on the wrong keywords you can see lots of expensive clicks and no sales.

There are lots of discussions on ABW about PPC, try a search here and spend an afternoon reading before you decide whether it would be easier to work on your site.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Ads like AdWords from Google are called PPC. It is easy to go broke if you don't do a lot of research before you start. If it was illegal you would not see GoogleAds all over the place, but it very well might be against the terms of some of the merchants that you have signed up with.
    That's what i meant by illegal. I know adwords is not legal. Thanks for your help i really appreciate.

If you're considering getting into PPC, realize that you have a TON of competition out there with FAR MORE experience and knowledge than you. It's very unlikely that you'll generate a positive ROI. It doesn't hurt (much) to try, but I would set your expectations low, monitor the results carefully, and be ready to pull the plug.

2busy raises a very good point about making sure your merchants allow it. Many don't allow DTM (direct to merchant) PPC.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    PPC is a learned skill, not unlike SEO. There are many similarities between the two. Without having a solid grasp on both, you will spend yourself out.

Quick question - how long has your website been online?

Take some time and review why your current website is not receiving the traffic you expect. Traffic takes TIME...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

i don't like PPC. and you are telling that you want to link the affiliate page directly with the PPC. i am not sure that it allowed. you should take more information about this matter.
    i want you suggest one thing before taking any decision. ok?
    plz do some basic SEO and SMM to increase your traffic. thousands of people are getting huge benefit by dong this. i have never wasted money in this niche. at first i thought that i will never succeed but gradually i get it .may be not too much but i have improved my position.
    so i suggest every one to do apply it by themselves. i think it will take a bit time but it will save tons of money.

With PPC direct to merchant, even if you do all the research and figure everything out....

* You never build a customer base
    * You rely on someone else to close the sale and pay commission
    * Your conversion rate today could be toast by tomorrow
    * Google might decide to slap you out of the first page of ads
    * A bigger competitor might decide to outbid you for a week just to drain your resources
    * etc....
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

I would not start with ppc if you dont know what you're doing.
    You could lose a lot of money this way. have a look at the ppc topics on this forum and educate yourself abit before your try.

maybe some backlinks, social marketing article marketing etc is better to start with.

oh ...and try to collect e-mails and build a database
    Last edited by GuusMMO; February 10th, 2011 at 07:52 AM.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread