LS: What is "Cannot find Original Order based on Orderid"
    I'm seeing a rather high number of non-commissionable sales in my account over the past two weeks... both US & UK..

The reason is : "Cannot find Original Order based on Orderid"

What does this mean, and why is being used a reason for reversing commission?

I can easily open a ticket with LS, but I want to know if others are seeing this as a recent trend (past two weeks). One store reversed almost $5k in January for this reason.. this concerns me.
    Last edited by teezone; February 3rd, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Not having that issue but has seen before that sales were cookied but the cookie duration was expired. I then negotiated a longer cookie length and used that to reward the affiliate. This is all on the merchant login.

I think you're referring to "4 Return Exceeded" - which means the cookie expired before the sale. I understand that, and have addressed it with certain merchants - this seems to be a new reason for "non-commissionable sales".

The exact syntax is "21 Cannot find Original Order based on Orderid" - and is being used with increased frequency.
    Last edited by teezone; February 3rd, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    With one merchant I used to manage they had extraneous characters in the daily batch file back to LS. This caused the reporting to be off. I would alert the merchant directly and if you don't get a response in two business days call them. Finally if all fails send a fax addressed to the president of the company, it will get you a response as I have used that before.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    teezone,

I just took a look at your reports and I saw that there was one Advertiser in particular that had a lot of these. Let me look into it with that advertiser and see if I need to alert our tech team about this.

--Ranae

Hi Ranae, thanks for getting involved quickly...

For the occasional transaction I would understand, but something is very wrong here. If you look at that one advertiser for the year 2010 the numbers are shocking.
    Last edited by teezone; February 3rd, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread