Wordpress and image linking
    I use Wordpress as an affiliate platform. Each article I write, I add an image to it on the upper left side of the article.

As default, the image is linked to a bigger version of itself so a visitor clicking on it will simply get the original image.

I thought about linking my affiliate link to this corner image. I figured out many people would be drawn to click it.

Do you think this will annoy the visitors? - Don't want that to happen.
    Any better uses for it?

Many thanks,
    J.

i would def do some testing to see what works best with your visitors.. maybe some A/B split testing.. but check out this post I wrote on optimizing images... This is a hidden gem to help obtain some serious traffic if done correctly!

ShareASale Blog Blog Archive Optimizing Images

Best!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Having your affiliate link on your image is an effective way to monetize your site. Placing a 'call to action' on your image would also help you make more sales
    Last edited by affilorama; February 3rd, 2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rubacky View Post
    i would def do some testing to see what works best with your visitors.. maybe some A/B split testing.. but check out this post I wrote on optimizing images... This is a hidden gem to help obtain some serious traffic if done correctly!

ShareASale Blog Blog Archive Optimizing Images

Best!
    Hello Jason,

Many thanks for your post. I always take the time to optimize my images, which I believe brought some of my landing pages to the Google's first page. Indeed many people don't understand how important that could be.

I still didn't go into split testing - one thing that stops me at the moment is I didn't figure out how to split test on external links: I want to see how many visitors click a certain link that points outside my site (affiliate link). I mean - this is after all our goal, correct? :-) Google mainly talk about testing links inside your domain.

Any clue?

two suggestions:
    1. The picture you are placing should be somehow related to the product you are promoting.
    2. a tool tip should be applied on the picture so that whenever any customer views the picture, before clicking on it he can have an idea about the promotion.

I have a blog that I often do affiliate things with. Typically speaking, when there's a small thumbnail, it expands to the original size image. In the case where I do link the image/thumbnail to the affiliate link, which is done through an automated process, I add a note that says clicking on the title or image will open the product directly on the merchant's site.

From 30 to 45% of my clicks come from my product images, which are single images with no expanding functionality. I use Google Analytics to define goals, and set different values for the image urls versus the normal urls…

word press and image linking
    I am newbie but i have little experience about the word-press. I think word press is a seo friend and image link is very helpful for ranking.

I am a somewhat confused: someone had posted a very interesting answer to my question but now it is deleted - anyone knows why?

Her remarks were:
    two suggestions:
    1. The picture you are placing should be somehow related to the product you are promoting.
    2. a tool tip should be applied on the picture so that whenever any customer views the picture, before clicking on it he can have an idea about the promotion.

I totally agree with both suggestions:
    1. I do already - would never try to cheat on my visitors because I love to see them coming back. And also because I believe have some dignity and integrity...
    2. I will certainly add a "warning" in the tool tip that lets the visitor knowing where he/she are heading after the click.

Thank you for the person who posted this remark,
    J

"...anyone knows why?"

While not 100% sure (because I did not initiate the action) - it appears that poster was spamming elsewhere in the forum, was a "known spammer" and, consequently, had all posts removed and was banned from ABW.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Using Title in image is very helpful from SEO point of view but the image title should be related to your keyword which you want to optimize....

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread