ABW Ambassador
    [rant] Just deleted another 6 or 7 hundred spam messages including the usual 100 or so daily messages from "Kelly Sweet."

I know there have been changes in the spam laws. Is it legal to kill this vermin yet?
    [/rant]

There. I feel much better now.

Wayne

I can relate, I was getting several hundred spam a day.

Thankfully, my hosting provider implemented a server based spam filter. It's been smooth sailing ever since. I probably get about 10 spam a day now.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I've been getting spam for years from someone named Brianna. Gotta wonder if she was some spammer's girlfriend and she dumped him. :giggle:

ABW Ambassador
    Shirley Walker, Arleen Guzman and Andrew Miller send me LOTS of notes these days.

ABW Ambassador

To: Northern Studio

As a former radar foreman in the U.S. Army Air Defense Command, I can assure you that the President of the United States will not call up a missile strike on Kelly Sweet, even if she does deserve it.

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Wheres WOPR when we need him.
    I may be going out on a limb here when I say can you imagine the glory you would get if you could nuke her * into infinity?

2 points if you can name the legendary monster ( that I would like to leave her with in a locked room for about 10 minutes) from the clues above.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Maybe Alien I or II
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

nope definitely a movie monster though.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Pop: Colossus? The computer that took over the US defense system? Kind of a movie "monster." WOPR: War Operations something or another..

Well if the President is reluctant to call up a strike on her, couldn't we just have one of the independant contractors do it?

Kelly's been really been Sweet on me tonight. I must have gotten 300 or more messages from her forwarded to my SPAM bin in the past few hours. In blocks of 50 at a clip. Definitely high on the target list.

Wayne

Time for a clue:

You can count on me to be a Showa stopper

k that's actually two, but they eacy approach from a different angle.

I'm bumping this to 10 points ... but like "who's line is it anyway" the points don't really matter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadarCat:

To: Northern Studio

As a former radar foreman in the U.S. Army Air Defense Command, I can assure you that the President of the United States will not call up a missile strike on Kelly Sweet, even if she does deserve it.

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, I was in the signal corps for 4 years,all these laws are only good if someone enforces them,like telemarket, but they keep coming, I get a "freebies newletter everyday, block it, and someone else sends it,there is a catch to every freebie, in order to get this free, buy that, or take our free credit card,and if you click unsubsribe, they know for sure your contacts, and sell them to the email list hustlers,better to go to New York, and sell stuff in the subways, nobody bothers them either.My nickles worth.JJ

ABW Ambassador

To: NorthernStudio

I can't help but be curious if these spams from Kelly Sweet are all the same or are they each different?

RadarCat

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadarCat:

I can't help but be curious if these spams from Kelly Sweet are all the same or are they each different?

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they've been coming in about 4 different flavors, usually in blocks of 50. Subject line on one is simply "Kelly Sweet," one tells me I have a voice message. Cleared nearly 2000 that came in one day but Kelly seems to have taken this weekend off.

Wayne

The ones that survive the filter up at the server, then hit another filter system on my email client - I only see them the first time - then they're gone.

Sorry you're still seeing them.

Fred

ABW Ambassador

Can you use your server to put an ISP(?) block on Kelly Sweet?

I get spam from Czechoslovakia wanting to sell me Microsoft products which I am not interested in purchasing and would like to block them.

Just curious.

RadarCat

Hey RadarCat... Ex-Firecontrol Technician here. ANSPG/55B Fire Control Radar system for the Terrier Missile System.

Wooo Hooo!
    Deleted

ABW Ambassador

Can you use your server to put an ISP(?) block on Kelly Sweet?

I get spam from Czechoslovakia wanting to sell me Microsoft products which I am not interested in purchasing and would like to block them.

Just curious.

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I don't run my own server so I'm just diverting these spams to an email folder that I empty several times a day. It's still annoying having to glance through it to see if a legit. email slipped into it.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador

Hi, Steveinid!

Former Radar Mechanic, 24Q20, and Radar Forman, 24Q30, for the Nike-Hercules Missle system here!

RadarCat
    http://os2warplinks.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread