Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Goodbye Loxly
    I've been trying to write this goodbye for a while and it really hurts my heart to do so. You have been the most consistently helpful and caring member of ABW. You've shared your joys and pains as well as your knowledge and you were one of the members that really made this feel like a family.

I am so sorry that we let you down. Bye Momma.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    I've been trying to write this goodbye for a while and it really hurts my heart to do so. You have been the most consistently helpful and caring member of ABW. You've shared your joys and pains as well as your knowledge and you were one of the members that really made this feel like a family.

-rematt
    You said it all.

Amen
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post

-rematt
    I consider her a dear friend. How do you feel ABW let her down though? Not saying you're wrong, as everyone will have an opinion on it, but I'm curious.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Kevin - I think rematt is referring to Loxly's remarks yesterday on the last page of this thread:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...t=93690&page=7

Hadn't read that. Thank you.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Y'all are acting like she's "gone" just because she's not "here".

It's time to take the woolly blinders off and see that ABW is not "the affiliate world", it is only a part of it. Just because she doesn't hang out on the same old corner any more hardly means anything; she is where she always has been and always will be. She is not "gone" in any sense of the word.
    Last edited by davidh; February 4th, 2011 at 01:02 PM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Get Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Get Facebook
    I don't know what Loxly has done for Facebook, but I know she's done an awful lot to support and help the careers of many here. Her absence is a loss to ABW.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hadn't seen that post til today either but haven't seen an awful lotta posts . Tryin to catch up on them, tho.

rematt - as Anne mentioned, don't know if you're aware of it or not but Loxly has her own hmmm not sure if is a page or a group at FB but is one of them that you can follow or keep up with what she's doing. (also, talk to her anytime ya want) She's also on twitter as well as other places.

I can't read her mind but from reading that post, agree that she's saying she doesn't plan on remaining here as a member. I kinda thought that was coming when she resigned as moderator, tho. (just my own opinion)

As to letting down, am not quite sure but think I know what you mean. I don't have a clue what some of her post is about since haven't been here for a lot of the time this past year but am guessing there's been some nasty words directed towards her either in threads or in private.

Guess am gonna have to find out if that post means she's no longer gonna be an affiliate manager either since she's closed her forums. Said this a while back and it just keeps happening. I'm not here for a while, come back and everything seems to have changed or is changing with people. ??

Had thought this place meant a lot to her so am sorry she's made this decision but as I said, I don't know what all's been going on so don't know the exact reasons for her decision but definitely respect her decision and hope she's happy with whatever she does or where she is.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    The trend seems to be away from forums and more to social networking, but there is still a place for both. There are still people who listen to the radio (I'm not one of them, but they're out there.) :-)

We had better send someone down to check in the bilge. We could be taking on water.

Holy Crap! That's too bad. A big loss to ABW.

http and a telephoto
    Thanks everyone, I didn't plan to log back in today, but this forum isn't visible if you aren't logged in and someone told me about this thread (and it wasn't Vinny, lol)

If you want to know where I am and what I am doing feel free to email me at dc at merchantabcs.com

Those who know where I am also know I have certainly not given up on forums, just on ABW.

rematt and Witzer you certainly are not among those that have let me down.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I didn't mean to suggest that you had given up on forums; just that I'm sure we could contact you via other sites that are not necessarily forums. I'm sure you were just trying to get to a better environment not abandoning us.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Thanks everyone, I didn't plan to log back in today, but this forum isn't visible if you aren't logged in and someone told me about this thread (and it wasn't Vinny, lol)

If you want to know where I am and what I am doing feel free to email me at dc at merchantabcs.com

Those who know where I am also know I have certainly not given up on forums, just on ABW.

rematt and Witzer you certainly are not among those that have let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post

Those who know where I am also know I have certainly not given up on forums
    *Ahem* Uh... wow! Just wow!

"The trend seems to be away from forums and more to social networking, but there is still a place for both."

I agree, especially about there being a place for both. I pretty much look at the reasons for being involved with both as being quite different.

I think that many of us are missing the point. Loxly didn't leave ABW because of Facebook or MySpace or Twitter. It wasn't because she was spread too thin or that she wanted to start a cooking career or raise cats for a living.

From Life's too short...

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I now leave ABW because it is too stressful to be here, because people complain instead of effect the change that needs to be made. It's simple. If you don't like the content, it is a user generated content venue. Affiliates need a voice? Then use your voice for positive. Start threads, talk to each other.

Members are saying: Affiliates can't talk, merchants/networks/OPMs are the only ones posting. Well, in the "old days" an OPM/merchant/network would start a thread, make an announcement and affiliates would chime in "oh good, I need this" "hey I need some banners" "can you create xx for me". Now the silence is deafening.

It is not Michael's fault. It is not iNet's fault. It is the members fault that stopped talking. It is the fault of the members that have to take jabs at others and second guess and find fault with things like the Affiliate ABCs forum. It was apparently self-serving to create a place to teach affiliates the right way to do things.
    I understand that change is inevitable and that members come and go. I have seen many members leave ABW for a variety of reasons and some for no reason at all. I have missed many of them and look forward to the occasional post that some come back to make. I also enjoy many of the newer members that have also joined in and added to the knowledge base, humor and camaraderie. I understand, it's a dynamic world.

It PERSONALLY saddens me to see Loxly leave for the reasons that she stated. And yes, before anyone else tells me about Facebook (thank-you, I did know that it existed) I know how to contact Loxly. I know where to continue soaking in the knowledge that she has always been more than willing to share. The fact remains that ABW just lost another valuable resource.

And I'm not making this post to start an argument with anyone. I'm tired of arguing, so if you don't like this post, or the sentiment, please just ignore it and hit your back key.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; February 5th, 2011 at 04:57 PM.

@rematt +1 Well said.

Deb was instrumental in helping me in the early days (gosh has it been almost ten years?). She has that motherly way of caring for folks, guiding them along, critical when needed, but never angry, never holding a grudge. She gave me a lot of wonderful advice when I switched over from affiliate to OPM several years ago. I remember my very first Affiliate Summit when she lived in Vegas and volunteered to pick me up at the airport (a practice I now try to do for others whenever I rent a car). She took the time to introduce me to many great people in this business while there (another practice I try to do for others, participating in the mentoring program). I owe her a debt of gratitude for many things over the years. She is still in my circle of trusted associates and I look forward to interacting elsewhere for many years to come.

All the best to you Deb. You deserve it for all that you have done for so many in this business. Much success and happiness!

And I understand the where and why of your decision to move on completely.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Tax Paying Member
    It PERSONALLY saddens me to see Loxly leave for the reasons that she stated. And yes, before anyone else tells me about Facebook (thank-you, I did know that it existed)

I know how to contact Loxly. I know where to continue soaking in the knowledge that she has always been more than willing to share.

The fact remains that ABW just lost another valuable resource.
    Ditto on this
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    It PERSONALLY saddens me to see Loxly leave for the reasons that she stated. And yes, before anyone else tells me about Facebook (thank-you, I did know that it existed)

I know how to contact Loxly. I know where to continue soaking in the knowledge that she has always been more than willing to share.

The fact remains that ABW just lost another valuable resource.
    Ditto on this
    Double Ditto Plus Plus
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

We'll miss you around here Momma Loxly, but I know you'll never be a stranger. I know we shared a vision for ABW and I'm saddened that you gave up on that vision. I can certainly understand that you don't need any more stress and that you have to pursue your own interests. I wish you the best of success in everything you do.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Guess am gonna have to find out if that post means she's no longer gonna be an affiliate manager either since she's closed her forums.
    I don't know if Debbie missed this question, but she most definitely is not leaving the industry. If you're in any of her affiliate programs or if you follow her on Facebook or Twitter, I'm sure she'll be mentioning where she's moving her forums.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Thanks again all. Michael is correct, I am not leaving the industry. Just moving where I choose to share my content. Because you are all providing content here for the powers that be. It appears that there are people that want to effect change and not in a positive way, and I am not going to tolerate it or be part of it or be stressed by it.

(edited to remove part that no one but those in this thread need to see)
    Last edited by loxly; February 6th, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    It is a shame that Loxly decided that it is time for her to leave ABW. She will be missed.

I'm sorry to see Loxly go and I am sure wherever she is going will benefit from her participation.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast