Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    July 14, 2004

Subject: $1,000+/day? Suggestions?

Hi!

Would anybody be willing to speculate, brainstorm or share personal experience, suggestions and observations on how to make $1,000+ per day as an affiliate?

Just curious.

Thanks,

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

ABW Ambassador
    If I was doing anything that earned me $1000 a day, I wouldn't be sharing LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate marketing is not for the most part a get rich quick endeavor.

You will get many answers here at ABW

I'd find 10 to 20 niche markets you have knowledge or interest in.
    Find merchants that sell to those niches to spread the risk.

The attack the business on a $50 to $100 a day basis for each niche.

imho, you can always drop under performing merchants and then focus on your winners.

You don't see Kentucky Fried Chicken giving out the secret herbs and spices.

You don't see Coca-Cola revealing their secret syrup recipe.

And I don't think you're going to find anyone here ready to share their secrets to success.

The best thing you can do is dedicate some time to reading old posts here at ABW. Lots of questions have been asked and answered, and you'll learn a lot. But keep in mind, what works for some, may not work for you. You learn best by trial and error. See what works and what doesn't on your sites, and improve upon what produces income.

You have to make some bad decisions along the way in order to know what really works. Resist the temptation to go to the dark side, it will always backfire on you. Be patient, it takes time, but you will get there if you keep trying...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    July 14, 2004

To: Adam Ward

I can see why you are the moderator here.

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

$1000 per day is definitely doable. I know one affiliate who earns several times that much with a single merchant. What it generally takes is a lot of highly targeted traffic. So I guess to question could be restated as "How do I build a site that gets a lot of highly targeted traffic?" The key to that is building sites that are truly useful. Build useful sites and pick your merchants carefully, and you can definitely hit your goals.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I think Haiko said it best when he said "work until you make your first 100k, then take a vacation."
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Bucketloads of highly targeted traffic.

Yeah, what they said ^

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think Haiko said it best when he said "work until you make your first 100k, then take a vacation." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, mine is coming up very soon.

Instead of trying to find some way to make $1,000 a day. I try to find 200 things that will make me $5.00 a day. That is my strategy.

For a thou a day, maybe you should contact Martha Stewart,she said money meand nothing to her, but will lose some of it in jail. I happened to like her, but the lady got the shaft, whilr all the enrons, and others are still hiding.More seriously, it talkes a long time to build sites that attract shoppers, and then come back, with friends, since this is the slowest part of the year, start building, for the holidays.My nickle
    JJ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keith A:
    Instead of trying to find some way to make $1,000 a day. I try to find 200 things that will make me $5.00 a day. That is my strategy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too.

I worked and worked one web site for months. Then realized $1,000 a day was just not going to happen. Now I follow Keith's thinking and own over 100 domains. (next goal....figure out how to finish half of those domains I never started.)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I'm trying the same strategy... a bunch of sites that make a couple bucks or so a day (hopefully more on some of them).

How's that coming along if you have over 100 domains right now? Is it working out for you?
    I forgot what I was doing.

Wow....The thought of a building a hundred sites of any quality, and maintaining them is simply beyond my comprehension. Is it possible that simply churning out that many sites, in the hope that one makes a few bucks off of each, not one of the reasons the SE's are constantly shifting their algos to remove all of the crap out there?
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

ABW Ambassador
    Managing 100 sites is not so difficult if you resist the tempatation to do product links. Merchants change these so often that 100 sites with lots of product links is undoable by one person (IMO).

Martell style sites have a lot going for them. On each site, only a handful of pages that actually link to merchants.

Think of 100 sites each with 100 pages. If you have product links on each 100 pages, you have 10,000 pages that need to be updated on a monthly basis.

If you have only 5 pages containing affiliate links on each site, you only have to update 500 pages monthly. This may sound like a lot, but if you avoid product links and go for linking to the merchant, most links wont need to be changed for 6 months. Weed out the merchants that change links frequently and you can have sites that dont need updating for a year or more.

To clarify, I own over 100 domains, but I don't have 100 sites built. Maintaining them is certainly the challange. And although I would be happy if they all made a few dollars a month, the real goal is the have a few sites that make a several hundred a month. Those are the sites I really concentrate on every month. When I find a site that is producing well, I learn from it and try to build others under the same method.

But as does this business, things change. One must be ready to change with it, adapt, look for new ways of doing things, take risks, and spend a little money along the way trying new things.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm going to miss the good old days of being an affiliate for e-scripts-md.com

Many Rx affiliates make $5000 a day. Kind of risky business to get into these days.

Try altering the white on blue text, and the blue on blue text on your site, ouchie on the eyes : 0(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadarCat:
    July 14, 2004

Subject: $1,000+/day? Suggestions?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but why would you need $1000 a day?

$275 a day is $100,000 a year, which really should be enough for anyone. Unless you have a family of 8 with 4 kids in college, $100,000 a year is enough to satisfy the most decadent of lifestyles.

Haiko is right - when you get to $100,000 take a vacation.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

The more money u get a day. u can never have oo much money.

$100,000 is not $100,000 after the taxman takes his cut. There are also those who have poor money managing skills that can piss away what's left on trinkets or other poor investments.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canadian eh:
    There are also those who have poor money managing skills that can piss away what's left on trinkets or other poor investments. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh for the opportunity.....

It's really not that hard to spend. Plus, it's good for the economy.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    On top of which, why would anyone want to be limited to $100,000 a year ( ) when they can make $365,000 per year?

On a slightly more serious note, we all want to retire someday so the more we can earn now, the quicker retirement can come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast