Question How do choose a network to join?
    I'm completely new to being an affiliate manager for a program that is brand new. New company, new product, only out there a month. Already good conversion with the little marketing we've done but I'm trying to find out which if any network to join. I started looking at CJ and others and I see CJ wants merchants that have been online for at least 1 year, others want to charge a $500 setup fee.

I'm in the music niche with an iPad stand mount and some other music related items and I'm not sure how to evaluate which network to join. Any suggestions as to which one would be best for someone on an initial shoe-string budget and who's brand new to selling online?
    Last edited by ddurick; February 4th, 2011 at 10:18 PM.

$500 setup fee is about as shoe-string budget as it gets. If you amortize that over the span of one year (or longer), it's pocket change. Less than the cost of a cup of coffee each day.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

You might find a bit of in sight HERE. You might also check the last few years of voting...

Our main program was brand spankin' new only 15 months ago and on a "shoe-string" budget (as you mentioned). We signed up with the #1 choice, SAS, and have been very happy with the results. We are (as of today) in their "PowerRank 100" list at #64 (out of 3000+ merchants). However, YOU have to WORK at promoting your program to get it to "work" for you. No network is going to do that for you.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

There's a fly shop in Bozeman called The River's Edge - they have a program with AvantLink. Maybe you can talk to them and/or AvantLink.

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    There's a fly shop in Bozeman called The River's Edge - they have a program with AvantLink. Maybe you can talk to them and/or AvantLink.
    Absolutely. AvantLink is another "quality" network with integrity. I know the guys that "run the place" but am not familiar with their setup policies and/or pricing structure.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Choosing right affiliate network is crucial, may be a little research can help you out. I believe ClickBank is a great option with very less (around $ 50 activation fees)
    Since you are new into this, do check out for FRAUD PROTECTION.... GUD LUCK!!

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    You need to consider a number of factors - most importantly, do affiliates trust the network. Both networks brought up here (ShareASale and AvantLink) are awesome as far as that goes because both are very big on integrity. You can't go wrong with either of them. You should also take a look at the tools they allow you to provide to your affiliates to help them in marketing. Are they banner/text link reliant, or do they have good tools for promoting your products through data feeds? SAS and AvantLink are both awesome for this as well. One other really important issue to look at is support - how does the network support it's merchants. As a new merchant in the game, you will get way better support from SAS or AvantLink than you would from a bigger network. Whether they admit it or not, the bigger networks take a little better care of the big name merchants and this can be frustrating.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread